Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we need more nostalgia?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    More nostalgic!
    I think nostalgia is important. People like what they've seen before, especially people who have played the previous sims games. It's like coming home when you see stuff that you used to like but in an updated, improved version.

If you take a look around, people are asking for University and Supernatural (witches, werewolves, fairys). Everyone wanted pools, toddlers and seasons. It's what we've had before, it feels like it SHOULD be included. Nostalgia is important for enjoying a game.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited October 2018
    More nostalgic!
    Yes. This game wouldn't be what it is if not for what came before it. And given I have played this game since The Sims 1 I love things from that game and love playing it, and I've seen this game grow and improve over the years. It would make the game even more amazing if they'd add the things the players love from each series.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    More nostalgic!
    Yes! I’m still missing content from the past. Where are the fairies and mermaids? Where is my ocean? Where is my beach/island? Where are the education and daycare careers? More Generations or University content? More romantic interactions? Slow dancing? Lounge chairs? Etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Take a new road please
    I was torn, as I haven't really played any of the previous games much, besides the Sims 4. I'd really like to see some nostalgia, but not to the point where EA is just recreating the old games with a slightly new look to account for updated technology and capabilities. Moving on with this franchise, the games in the future need to have new elements so they're not just recreating the previous titles. Some nods to the previous titles would be awesome, but it's not a new game without taking a majorly new direction in my opinion.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    More nostalgic!
    I want to say take an new road but only if it is done right and the mixture is balanced well. Seeing how EA/Maxis took a new road with Sims 4, I rather have the nostalgic option. For me Sims has been somewhat of an disappointment for me oh how Sims 4 was developed and now. Sure it has improved but still lacks in many areas.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen