Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game has the best music?

Just for fun! Which Sims game do you think has the best music? This includes music from the main menu, loading screens, build/ buy and CAS, as well as music from the different packs for each series. Also, maybe you can rank your favorite from best to worst :)

Which Sims game has the best music? 112 votes

The Sims 1
27%
Lianuh1104vancanuckfan86JaiSeaIcewolfTWSimGamer82VibseIsb917invisiblgirlfriendlysimmersalanmichael1duhboy2u2elelunicyMo0nLight321GracieO312bixterslittlemissgogoSimmerMarsfiercephoenix91adele_katLucid_bleh 31 votes
The Sims 2
45%
GalacticGalaprilroseAlexaibutterfly27255AprilDawnAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010Garethlexkeekee53AnmirlaParyElegantblkchina1fruitsbasket101BluelleSjofnVuloriLizzychicagoLustianiciaAnthonydyerClassicalSim 51 votes
The Sims 3
17%
LaBlue0314IceyJCorkysPetalselanorbretonBagoas77mock68ChelleJomikawagfrogkiss1mariajane216CiarassimscheifeagleeyeScribsamemieNyteRoseTeslachick2pinneduphairJa_rdeItsJanierDianesims 20 votes
The Sims 4
8%
simtoriousBabySquareTS1299GamingTweetyEvie0602SassycottonbrenleedeeJasonschick80memequeenpart2AriaMad2 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    The Sims 1
    TS2 music is nostalgic for me, but imo nothing tops the OG buy mode music. I got the soundtrack because I love it so much!
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited October 2018
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 has some legendary music. I love the build, buy, map, CAS, and loading screen music. Those are upbeat, fun, and a little funky. That game's soundtrack seems a bit underappreciated.
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    None..Haha I'm probably one of the only people on here who cannot stand the build buy/ loading screen music. I have played since sims 1 and was so glad when I got the option to turn it off. It sounds like awful elevator music to me.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The Sims 1
    TS1 for sure. Vacation, Superstar and Makin’ Magic easily have some of the best music.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    The Sims 3
    I can only really compare TS3 and TS4. Didn't play TS2, and when playing TS1 I was fairly young, so I don't really remember the music.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The Sims 1
    TS1 can never be surpassed, but all iterations are great.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    The Sims 2
    Hard choice (between TS1 and TS2).
    But I go for Sims 2
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 BY FAR! Those tunes are just so game fitting while I found TS3 & TS4 way too realistic and pop chart like in some way. I mean, the instruments aren't fitting in a sims game for me. I did love the piano tunes in The sims 1 even though it was kind of off for the style of the game, but it gives me nostalgic feels when i hear it now. I would take those tunes back in The sims 5 without a doubt!
    The sims 2 has that nostalgic feels AND very well fitting tunes for a sims game. It was a bit quirky and fun, that's how sims music should be if you ask me. The weird hammering sounds when you were building your house were just right! It's like it was made in a living room with pots and pans and it suits this game.

The music in The sims 4 irritates me a lot. The music that plays when you arrive on a lot, mood changes, when sims wake up, etc. it all sounds so depressing. I also do not like the soundtrack at all. It stresses me and The sims 2 soundtrack was just the best. I truly wish they would put this in The sims 5.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The Sims 2
    That was an easy one to answer.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The Sims 2
    My favourite.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I didn't vote because I only played TS3 and TS4 and only know little about the music from the other games, but from those two I know about, TS4 definitely has the better music, that's actually the first I noticed when I started playing it. The music from TS4, be it loading screen or cas, blends in well, while the music, especially for the loading screens from TS3 can be really annoying and loud.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    The Sims 1
    I don't like any and also keep the music turned off in my game at all times, unless I've loaded my own onto it but I haven't done that yet with Sims 4. However, I choose 1 because it's the one that brings back the most memories. I miss the excitement I had for Sims 1 and even though Sims 3 is my favorite and 4 is the only one I will play anymore... I've never got excited for a game and it's expansions like I did the original Sims game.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The Sims 1
    The first game is more nostalgic, even though I usually did build mode and buy mode on mute.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The Sims 2
    I still bop my head when playing sims 2 and songs come on
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    The Sims 2
    I love Sims 2 music so much, followed by 1, 4, and 3. I don't dislike 4 or 3 at all, but 1 and 2 have a brilliant nostalgia factor for me. Sometimes I'll just put 2 on to listen to it.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 2 by faaaaar.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims 1
    While TS2 had some majorly catchy, happy, upbeat songs in build/buy mode. I just loved the music from Makin Magic and the holiday tunes from TS1.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 1 is great too. I love it as much as TS2 music.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The Sims 2
    Without question The Sims 2, and in ipso facto I submit the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neeXmBkvPIQ
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The Sims 4
    Listening to the technical aspects, I would say sims 4 has the best music.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 wins for me on this one. I actually have it stuck in my head right now!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The Sims 1
    TS2 is good for nostalgy, but not something I would listen just because how good the songs are. TS1 Makin Magic I could listen endlessly.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2018
    The Sims 2
    Not only does Sims 2 have the best soundtrack, but it's probably the most nostalgic and memorable (for me at least). I really wish there was a way to import the soundtrack into the newer games for build/buy, CAS, and neighborhood modes... *sigh*

I would LOVE to play Sims 3 and Sims 4 with the soundtrack from Sims 2!

Edit: If EA/Maxis ever decided to release an official soundtrack from the Sims 2, I would purchase it immediately! I can't say the same for the other games. That's how great Sims 2's music is!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The Sims 4
    Torn with Sims 3 and Sims 4. I chose Sime 4 especially since each song has different verion of it like in CAS and BB. I also love the soundtrack from Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, and Seasons. And from Get Together too. They are amazing. The inly problem about Sims 4 music is that music was lacking in live mode.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The Sims 1
    The sims 1. Followed by the sims 2 not far behind.