The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for lowering Store Prices.

Comments

• Options
    Faith15Faith15 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *signs and underlines name! :-o

lol
  • Options
    gudul14gudul14 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    MerlyMerly Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with everyone else. The store prices are too high. I've even noticed items in the store that look like they are in the game already! Once I decide what to spend my free Simpoints on, that will be it. I will not be buying any more.
  • Options
    simluvrsimluvr Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It is sad, especially in these economic times, that EA would resort to such improprieties. Why rip off fans with over-priced, low quality, things I have to pay for to play your boring game. Spending 70.00 on the game wasn't enough? One family played and I am almost done and out all this money so far. (60.00 in EA store - for junk)Creators aren't making skins yet, for the most unimaginative game Sims I have yet to see.
    The clothing is .... that is one of the things I loved the most previously. No opportunity for others to make meshes for new Sims, clothing, furniture, etc.. no playing for me.
  • Options
    TcrrlltcTcrrlltc Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Trust in the mod scene, It will come just going to take a little longer this time is all, Everythign we were able to mod in TS2 we will be modding in this iteration of the game as well.

While they have made it more difficult for us they didn't make it impossible, So be patient it will come.
  • Options
    TygereyeXIITygereyeXII Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign

I'll only pay for ep's.
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't plan to be buying anything from store
  • Options
    ComojoComojo Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed

Would like them to lower prices, LIke most out there have paid a lot for the game we waited so long for, will pay for expansions when they come out but im disapointed that for stuff within the game i have to pay more real money to get them. Have played online games where have to pay monthly wanted to avoid this with a standalone game, then find out that to get extra stuff (other than whats in game) you have to buy it from the store.

Will probably use the 1k points free but i doubt i will be increasing them any time soon (if ever)
  • Options
    ArtamishiaArtamishia Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    *signs*

I love the game, however the way they did the store is utterly ridiculous.

I don't mind paying for a little extra content now and then, mainly through expansion packs, but the prices need to be reasonable. These ones just aren't.

I have the collectors edition, which came with a car extra, a plumb bob that doesn't stay together, and a special tips and tricks guide which is available for FREE at Prima's website.

It's disappointing to have built up so much excitement for the extra's we paid extra for, only to have them be like feathers on the wind, and STILL have to pay for more ... items that were even in Sims 2.

EA, please step back and take a serious look at what you've done. Custom content is one of the things that made this game series so popular, and you're exploiting it beyond rationality.

Be reasonable and you'll find that we WILL pay for extra's... we just won't pay outragiously more than those extras are worth.
  • Options
    AmfcatAmfcat Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If a quarter of the people who bought the Sims 3 bought a quarter of what was in the store:
    Over 1.4 million copies have been sold, 25% = 350,000 copies/players
    258 items at 56 cent per item = 25% = $36.12 minus the "free" $10 -$26.12

EA gets - $9,142,000 from their store.

EA has made over $70 million on TS3 (1.4 million units @ $49.99 each)

More @ http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/24825.page#167123
  • Options
    TuthillTuthill Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Votes: The ability to 'set' prices.
  • Options
    danieloconnor96danieloconnor96 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I sign...definetly.
  • Options
    SporkaSporka Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign
  • Options
    doitlikeandydoitlikeandy Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /SIGN!!!

The store prices are outrageous and most of the stuff in that store should have been in the base game to start with! There are very few objects to choose from and the hairstyle selection is pitiful. EA should be ashamed for trying to get more money from us for items that should have already been included in the game! If they dont give us them for free, then they should decrease the prices by ATLEAST half!

...and to the people who say, "well they arent forcing you to buy it" yeah well I bought this game for $50 and I feel that it was half delivered and not full with content.
    EA, the gameplay is great IMO, could use some tweaks, but give us some more content eh!?
  • Options
    JozorJozor Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed

cba to comment in here lol
  • Options
    wpardue777wpardue777 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone else here feel there is not much content in the store itself? I used all my sims point to purchase things in the store and honestly, theres not much else I would buy or want.

I'm wondering if EA purposely did this so that future expansion and stuff packs would be more in demand for those wanting to add more to their sims experience.

And the free content you get from the exchange is really nothing more then different colors applied by users to objects we already have. Granted, if you like a particular thing, you can get it without the hassle of creating yourself, but really, theres no new objects in the exchange.

• Options
    DrachenfuerDrachenfuer Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love when people gripe about "corporate greed" when everything is not free. Are the items in the store expensive? Well, anything and everything is only WORTH what a person is willing to pay for it. There are people willing to pay for it at that price, so guess what? It isn't too expensive, it is what it is worth.

EA has to make money or they can't pay thier people and make another game or upgrades or offer support to an existing game. I have never seen another game that the makers make it so easy to not only cheat so that you can skip over or bypass parts of the game you do not, but also make your own items. Just like Sims2 who had a HUGE following or great artists and creative folks who not only made new items but also upgraded existing ones to give you more choices.....all for free. It will happen again and I don't see anywhere where EA is going to restrict or prohibit that. How many other gaming companies not only allow that level of custom content but also encourage it? There are even some sites are that are charging for items and yet I don't see EA suing them even though it's modding thier content and recieving pay for it which by law they are entitled to compensation when the artist recieves money for it. EA is simply giving a better method for getting some content they provide and hoping to get some of the extra money floating out there.

So next time give them a bit more slack.

• Options
    zgamer8zgamer8 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yep!!
    Post edited by zgamer8 on
  • Options
    NesrieNesrie Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The prices are high. For a couple of sets, you can run out and buy a full game. That makes them high. It's also EA's choice to set the prince. The anwer is simple, don't pay the price and avoid the store.

The best way to cast your vote, is with your wallet.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I want to sign again! 10.gif

Signed x2!
    Has anyone thought about sending this to one of the big boys on The Sims Team?
  • Options
    berlander2berlander2 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Don't get me wrong, I've gotten some good time in on the Sims 3 and the additions in game play have helped keep it fresh, but I do feel like we kinda got screwed outta content. The original Sims and even console versions of Sims and Sims 2 have more variety than this. My family has 75 grand just hanging around and an empty house cause there isn't really much to put in it, not to mention that CAS is kind of a joke. I've created a couple female Sims and could probably come up with a few more, but my first male Sim is probably as good as it's gonna get. There's like 10 hairstyles and most of them look horrible.

That all being said, the Sim's Store is a joke right now and I agree that is disgustingly overpriced. Woohoo, I can get 50 items added to this game for the price of a new game. Come on EA, you are breaking my balls here. I'm not saying give me everything for free, but you don't have to steal the clothes off my back and the food in fridge.

From what I been reading on the forums, it seems that about 10% of the community is ok with these prices (consider that 5% of the country owns 95% of the wealth) and 10% of people would never consider buying anything on here. It seems that the other 80% just wants you to lower the prices to a fair and affordable amount. So hypothetically if you are making $5,000 a week on this selling these items at a disgustingly high price, lowered it to a 4th of the price you're charging now, with the added 80% of customers you'd be making $11,250 a week. That's more than double what you are making now. Not to mention that since everything is cheaper people are gonna be buying a lot more items. Oh and people will love you guys again instead of complaining about how you have forsaken your loyal fan base of 10 years. Who knows? Maybe you won't lose most of your customers too.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ***, but I figured someone should do the numbers for them so they might get it into their heads. Oh and also actually put out some real content instead of reskinning items. People want more interaction and new things to do. I have a stove already (only had 4 to chose from, thought I throw that out) and I'm not giving a dollar to have one that is green and little different looking.

Anyway, if my ranting was any indication, consider this petition signed.
  • Options
    OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited June 2009
    At this rate I fully expect Sims 4 to come with one male, one female, and one family pre-made and waiting in the bin.

If you design your own, you'll probably get a choice of four outfits and short or long hair.

Babies, clothes, hair, and accessories will all be for sale in the EA store and not in the game.

A few hundred rational people noticing that this is a rip off won't kill this cash cow that EA has introduced with their store, but I hope it does.
  • Options
    SimJynxSimJynx Posts: 289 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, the prizes are to high! I wanted to download the nice kitchen set but my 1000 points were not enough! A stuff pack with a lot more is the same prize as one kitchen with everything included. Come on EA make the prizes more reasonable!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    TinyPirateTinyPirate Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed, the prices are silly.
  • Options
    b4k4f0xb4k4f0x Posts: 137 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed, if it does any good.

I think almost everything I've posted so far on the forums has to do with this/is a reply to posts about how ridiculous this crap is. I feel like I was bamboozled- the interviews and things *I* saw made me think that EA really loved/cared about the modding community and custom content, and how so many people love to design and build- I know, I was silly wasn't I?

And then they make it *difficult* for custom content, and try to force anyone who wants variety to pay over fifty cents an item in their store, and not only that, make some of it pretty crappy, trying to float on the "Well you can change the colors and patterns, that CUSTOMIZING RIGHT?!" thing...

I've run websites. Bandwith is costly if you get a lot of downloads, but not to where you need to charge so **** much for every tiny one! I've played with modding for Sims 2 in Blender, and within a *week* I was putting together decent looking furniture of certain types in under 2 hours. Not amazing stuff like some people, but some of it was as good looking as what I've seen in the Sims 3 store. (Admittedly, using SimPE to make them work in game I still haven't gotten figured out.)

But even if they're paying their worker bees $100 an hour, with full benefits, and each item made cost them over $200 to make- they do NOT need to charge $1.00 for any single item to make it 'pay'. They need to sell it for $0.10-0.25 and then have more people be willing to buy it.

If I hadn't seen so much interaction with the creator/modding community, and had seen the articles and interviews I'm now hearing referenced where EA apparently made it plain they were going to lock them (and those of us who love seeing their things in our games) out... I would never have bought Sims 3.

In fact, the final factor in my deciding to do so was their promised "Neighborhood Creator Tool Kit" which I'm starting to doubt they'll ever release, probably coming up with a 'Too difficult!' excuse like they did for a tool to make custom patterns. (Which the mod community had built in less than a week, with now a good dozen or more patterns available at one site ALONE.)

Ok, I went off on a bit of a tangent.. but.. yeah. No store buying for me unless they ramp up their quality and lower their prices across the board.

And so to EA should anyone from there ever bother to read this:

EA, I have over 1GB of custom content for Sims 2, and yet I bought every **** expansion and almost every stuff pack because I felt the prices were worth it. Custom content didn't prevent me from buying even more from your Sims 2 Store- and it wouldn't prevent me from buying your expansions and content for Sims 3 if you had good quality. The only thing that DOES prevent me from spending more money is your making it more money than I can afford to spend, especially on 'throw-away' stuff that shouldn't even be considered EXTRA.

Custom content made the game more appealing without you having to lift a finger or pay a worker bee, in between your expansions and stuff packs (which may have been a little high sometimes, but still were far cheaper than your online stores.)If you'd actively warned me how things were changing, I'd have probably not bought the game, but I also wouldn't be such an angry and frustrated customer, and would probably have been more easy to persuade to look into future EA titles.