Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments in new city Del Sol Valley

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    hhmmm :((

Repeating apartments would make CL pointless.

If you have CL and install GF the apartments could be added to GF, otherwise it's just the houses.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I think they will have different types of apartments like maybe not ones you rent but smaller ones you own.
    While trying not to get my hopes up, it would be cool if the housing system was somehow distincitive. I think since they've already done the coding for apartments, it could be altered to create a different kind of rental/apartment experience. I'm thinking of a rental trailer park or perhaps apartments you can own, like you suggested. It would really elevate this pack, while still leaving City Living with it's own characteristic.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Maybe penthouses (at least those are actual lots but on a high rise shell), but even at that I still highly doubt. Adding apartments might take the shine off CL EP. "Might!" (Not that I would mind tho)
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Who knows, there could be a mix of both apartments and houses. But I'd be fine with either or, as long as they tweaked the apartments a tiny bit to stop the neighbours from acting up every night (like mine love to in San Myshuno) like maybe add a three-day timer for the noisy activities or something.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If they did offer apts in the new neighborhood and they are anything like those in CL I would never use them because I can't build mine the way I like and must hope EA/Maxis does an good job, I perfer to build from scratch.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    mika wrote: »
    hhmmm :((

Repeating apartments would make CL pointless.

If you have CL and install GF the apartments could be added to GF, otherwise it's just the houses.

Because of the way apartments are built -- they are terrain with individual lots for each apartment -- that's not actually possible. I don't think we've seen anything to suggest that the house with a view is a penthouse rather than being a house on a hill. And we have seen that there's a neighbourhood built on a hill, plus we're getting terrain tools.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    natalia_moonnatalia_moon Posts: 11 New Member
    I hope so to be honest! I'm pretty sure it's mirroring California and if your sim start from nothing it's easy to start at an apartment, I know for this expansion pack i'll be moving 3 sims into Del Sol Valley and I kind of want them to start off in apartment! But if it's anything like Starlight Shores with the small houses.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I think they will have different types of apartments like maybe not ones you rent but smaller ones you own.

Yes pls. i was thinking the same, since they said 'affordable homes' in the flatlands which made me think of houses to buy and not apartments for some reason. I feel like some fancy apartments in the rich area could be appropriate.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I would really like more apartments in the sims. I think it is a tricky situation with them being a main feature in CL. I think for me if they didn’t behave the same way as CL apartments I would be fine with it. So no giving key, noisy neighbors, etc.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I found this on The sims community
    simscommunity.info/2018/10/09/the-sims-4-get-famous-introducing-the-new-expansion-pack/

"The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous."

Wonder if lottery-winning sims can head straight for The Pinnacles?
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I read the description and it didn't outwardly mention apartments just neighborhoods. As mentioned before, it would make sense if there there were less than fabulous apartments for the starving actor/actress working their way up. It would be nice if there were apartments but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm looking forward to learning more during the Twitch showings.
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    CL has enough other features. Especially if apartments with apartment specific lot traits and active areas around them are limited to SM.

I highly doubt that DSV will have apartments, except for maybe a penthouse as a very outside chance. I could see penthouses being added to other neighborhoods more easily, since they're just a few extra objects away from being like any ground-based lot. But big movers and shakers get penthouses and mansions, not garden-variety apartments. More apartment lots would be nice, but they'd need some other justification to be added.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I really hope so. I love San Myshuno, but most of the apartments are too small for my tastes. I want more apartments like Alto Apartments; a huge amount of space all on one floor.