Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire pregnancy question

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a vampire married couple who tried for a baby woo hoo. I heard the music and was so happy. Then when she was about to show, she glitched. I had to reset her. She is an actress and didn't get the 4 days off. She didn't get the pregnancy module. She did get the back ache, but isn't showing. My question is, is it cause she is a vampire or is she not pregnant? I was just wondering because this is the first vampire I got pregnant. Also, is it like with ghosts and you have a 50/50 chance to get a vampire baby?

Comments

• Options
    Bcfn24Bcfn24 Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2010
    It could just be a glitch. My vampire lady got pregnant, got the leave, and just had her baby.
  • Options
    stellamayfair79stellamayfair79 Posts: 982 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Bcfn24 wrote:
    It could just be a glitch. My vampire lady got pregnant, got the leave, and just had her baby.

Ok so it is just like a normal pregnancy. I hope she is still pregnant. Did you get a vampire baby?
  • Options
    Midnight23Midnight23 Posts: 655 New Member
    edited October 2010
    i got a vampire baby and since my vampire is also a celeb, the child was a celeb too which was kinda lame, since i wanted to start over again to get the child to 5 stars
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited October 2010
    My Sim is a Vampire and a 3 Star Celeb. Was at Waylon's Haunt (on a busy night for once) hunting for some good Plasma, shortly after getting a new target his GF(also a vampire) appeared on the lot just as she started having contractions. had twin girls, both Vampires. but also got two hits of bad PR from the public vampire bite and from having a child out of wedlock. moodlet manager fixed that though.

how far into the pregnancy was your sim?
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited October 2010
    My vampire sim has had two baby boys with a human (both boys were born vampires), and both times everything seemed normal.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bafendo wrote:
    My Sim is a Vampire and a 3 Star Celeb. Was at Waylon's Haunt (on a busy night for once) hunting for some good Plasma, shortly after getting a new target his GF(also a vampire) appeared on the lot just as she started having contractions. had twin girls, both Vampires. but also got two hits of bad PR from the public vampire bite and from having a child out of wedlock. moodlet manager fixed that though.

how far into the pregnancy was your sim?

It was right when it said she was pregnant. The message box never came up because she glitched. The music did though. I was just playing her. She is pregnant. She can't tell anyone, she didn't get her days off, and her hubby can't interact with the baby. I have to keep making her not go to work so she wont go into labor someplace else. I am having them read the baby books. She still gets a back ache and can't change her clothes. It makes me mad, but it happens. I just hope the baby comes out lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Woot she just gave birth to a healthy baby boy vampire named Niko. I got so messed up with the glitch, I forgot to eat watermelon. I wanted a girl for the story. Guess I'll have to do it again, less the glitch this time :) Thanks to all who answered.
    happy simming
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited October 2010
    My sim is a normal human, but when her music played to signal that she was finding out that she was pregnant, she glitched.
    I had to reset are and like your sim she is getting the side effects, but no pregnancy moodlet. She is showing though so I guess I just have to wait.
  • Options
    JadedSpoogieJadedSpoogie Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I HAVE to be glitching badly.. Because okay... My sims... was never a vampire.. But the guy I married seemed to be.. I kept hitting try for baby... like 20 times..and no music.. Then one day I decided to have him turn me into a vampire.. But..went through the 3 days of transformation and then I finally did.. So I went to a party with him and we tried for baby in Elevator... Later on in the game.. I felt like that hmm...I guess we can't have a baby if he's or I.. or both of us are vamps.. So I go to the science facility and had the curse or gift or whatever removed.... HE changed back fine...and it said my girl changed back.. but she started having back pains from pregnancy but she wasn't showing... And ontop of that it even said that my SIM is STILL a vampire even after drinking the serum. So I try and drink again.. it's not highlighted.. She cant get in the hot tub or anything pregnant sims can do.. But it's weird.. I cured her Vampirism...(Bottle is still there..No longer highlighted) ...She has back pains..(Not showing).. SHE WALKS LIKE SHE IS PREGNANT..(Not showing).. I can't do anything.. although she's not showing.. and she has the pregnancy actions.. What's the deal? o.o
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited November 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a vampire married couple who tried for a baby woo hoo. I heard the music and was so happy. Then when she was about to show, she glitched. I had to reset her. She is an actress and didn't get the 4 days off. She didn't get the pregnancy module. She did get the back ache, but isn't showing. My question is, is it cause she is a vampire or is she not pregnant? I was just wondering because this is the first vampire I got pregnant. Also, is it like with ghosts and you have a 50/50 chance to get a vampire baby?

I had the EXACT same problem! I asked here, cause I wasn't sure if the film career offered days off for pregnancy. Well it does, but this glitch messed that up. I heard the music, but no notice saying she was pregnant, she didn't change into her maternity wear she just froze. She too was a celeb, with a vamp baby daddy. I had to reset her. After I reset her though, everything was normal, except for the fact that she didn't get any days off.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited November 2010
    My female vampire is a self-employed writer, so she wouldn't get maternity leave anyways. However, when she got pregnant I heard the lullaby but never got a message that the sim was expecting. She never got any wishes to read pregnancy books, get a massage, etc. She didn't have the pregnancy moodlet, though she sometimes had the aching back (from pregnancy) moodlet and she did change into maternity clothes. Her bump developed naturally, but I didn't know if she could eat fruit to force the gender of the baby. She had her baby just fine at least.

Both parents are vampires but I don't see anything unusual about the baby. How can you tell if it's a vampire baby or not?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2010
    When it's a toddler, it will have a red frame, it won't bee a full vamp untill YA
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    edited November 2010
    enkeli63 wrote:
    My female vampire is a self-employed writer, so she wouldn't get maternity leave anyways. However, when she got pregnant I heard the lullaby but never got a message that the sim was expecting. She never got any wishes to read pregnancy books, get a massage, etc. She didn't have the pregnancy moodlet, though she sometimes had the aching back (from pregnancy) moodlet and she did change into maternity clothes. Her bump developed naturally, but I didn't know if she could eat fruit to force the gender of the baby. She had her baby just fine at least.

Both parents are vampires but I don't see anything unusual about the baby. How can you tell if it's a vampire baby or not?

Go to one of the parents relationship tab and look at the baby. If it is a vamp it'll have a reddish box around it.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    When it's a toddler, it will have a red frame, it won't bee a full vamp untill YA

I've had 6 sim babies and they all were born with the red frame.

EDIT: oops 6 vamp sim babies
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited November 2010
    so when babies are born, you can tell right away if they are vampires?
  • Options
    AngelkinsAngelkins Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2010
    My vampire Sim got pregnant and when she transitioned into the first tummy phase, it took 4 hours of her just standing still before she actually spun and changed clothes.

Then I noticed a little while later that time had stopped moving after she transitioned so I had to back out of the game and open a later save.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    so when babies are born, you can tell right away if they are vampires?

I have been able to with all of them.
  • Options
    kcpzkcpz Posts: 549 New Member
    edited November 2010
    That is due to resetting your sim. I've had that happen before with a non-vampire sim. It happens, but although you don't get the moodlet everything flows normally.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for pointing out the red frame clue--I totally didn't notice that :oops: He's a vampire all right.

Anyhow, I forgot to mention that with my vampire mom, I hadn't reset her at all. Nothing went wrong with her pregnancy other than she didn't get the moodlet or any notification that she was pregant, etc, as I wrote in my early post.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    UNSCLeviathanUNSCLeviathan Posts: 9
    edited May 2012
    I've been looking online and I cant find any information on this problem im having.

I saw somewhere else that a sim cant get pregnant when they are in the transitioning phase.
    Now, Im pretty sure my female sim IS pregnant, and she was bit my her vampire husband. But after three days the chatbox said she transformed and the moodlet for the bite disappeared, yet she has not physically transformed at all. No eye glow, no pale skin, no red border around her icon, nothing. And her husband cant bite her again, so the game 'thinks' shes a vampire. I tried using an item that can instantly transforms sims into vampires and even that cheat didnt work (even though it worked for her husband before).

I wondering if this is a glitch, or if the game will give her proper vampire features after her pregnancy ends (again, if she is)?
  • Options
    KarazaraKarazara Posts: 764 New Member
    edited May 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:

It will have the red frame around its picture in the relationship window, even as a baby. It won't have an obvious vampiric appearance until he's a toddler though. Toddlers will already have the accelerated learning vampires get (will lonely apply to the skill books and the pegboard/xylophone toys; it won't apply to walking, talking, and potty training). When born vampires become children, they can eat plasma fruit and drink plasma juice, but will still have a hunger motive instead of thirst. Having hunger replaced with thirst, having an aversion to the sun, and having all the other vampire powers besides accelerated learning, won't happen until they become a young adult. That's also when their aging slows; they age at a normal rate until then.
  • Options
    Ray2619Ray2619 Posts: 2 New Member
    I made a couple move out and move in together then I got her pregnant. I went to change both of my sims into vampires. She was in the process of turning while pregnant. She became a vampire before she gave birth. She had twin boys one of them with purple eyes like her and one with brown eyes like the dad. I’m not sure if they’re vampires. But I’m trying again. Hopefully they’re not twins and they’re a vampire. Let me know if you e tried this!
  • Options
    EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    @Ray2619 Hi, please don't resurrect old threads, please keep your answers to more recent threads. Generally we'll want to keep things within the last 2 years.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top