Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRAAS Help

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
NRAAS%2BScreenshot.jpg

@igazor, I'm having a problem accessing NRAAS>SP>Lot Options>Death:Allow Aging.

Death: Allow Aging, as you can see in my menu is not showing up. I have EA Aging On toggled "on" in the game so I should be seeing a menu option for Death: Allow Aging in NRAAS SP.

Is there an additional module of SP that I need to have in order to see this?
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Death: Allow Aging should show up in Sim, Household, Caste, and Town Options. It wouldn't make sense for it to be on Lot Options. That would mean a sim is aging (or not) only while they are actually on a lot currently, but the Aging Manager doesn't work that way.

The other reasons that the option won't show, across the board not just on Lot Options, is that you are currently playing in a world that is not your sims' homeworld -- such as having traveled on a vacation or are at Uni in Uni World. Or you are currently playing with SP's progression switched off under General, but that doesn't seem to be the case from your screenshot.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Great. Thanks @igazor for the clarification.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    OK... @igazor, I got a Stuck Aging warning in NRAAS.

When I went to Town Hall>SP>Caste>Non-Active Family>Death: Allow Aging was set to True

When I went to push Trigger Age Transition in Town Hall>MC>Intermediate>Trigger Age Transition>Age>Selected Sim, the Trigger Age Transition failed to age up the Sim. Any Ideas?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sometimes the MC trigger doesn't happen right away and inactive sims have to be off-screen ("home" or the equivalent) before it does.

But given that the sim was already age-stuck, which means one or more sim days beyond their expected birthday, possibly there is another cause. One common one is that there is something wrong with one of their current outfits or outfit assignments (try changing them all). Or they already have more traits than they are supposed to have in the current age stage (use MC Cheats to remove any excess ones). If the sim is a Role Sim, it could also be that they are being pushed to staff their assigned station (cash register, bar, etc.) at the same time as they are being pushed to age up, with the net result often being that they can do neither -- sometimes it's just easier to TA these sims if we don't even know who they are or shove their ages back down using MC so that they aren't age-stuck anymore.

Any of these things possible?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Dani1996Dani1996 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello!!

I have been playing the sims 3 since it came out and I am a huge fan. I recently downloaded the Nraas Mod StoryProgression and I want to say it is awesome. It has changed my game in such a positive way!
    However, I am having a tiny issue. Help would be really appreciated, even though I have world adventures... I cant travel. Same with the Option to Move>To New Town. It appears in gray and when I try to click it it says "The adults in the household are already traveling." (which is not true)
    This have never happened to me before downloading the Mod... I don't know if it has anything to do with it... But I don't know how to fix this... someone please help me
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Dani1996 wrote: »
    Hello!!

I have been playing the sims 3 since it came out and I am a huge fan. I recently downloaded the Nraas Mod StoryProgression and I want to say it is awesome. It has changed my game in such a positive way!
    However, I am having a tiny issue. Help would be really appreciated, even though I have world adventures... I cant travel. Same with the Option to Move>To New Town. It appears in gray and when I try to click it it says "The adults in the household are already traveling." (which is not true)
    This have never happened to me before downloading the Mod... I don't know if it has anything to do with it... But I don't know how to fix this... someone please help me
    Hi there.

NRaas StoryProgression doesn't have anything to do with world travel. I mean, we can run NRaas SP in homeworlds and foreign worlds as we wish, but that decision is independent of the actual travel transitions. The mod that governs world travel is NRaas Traveler, working together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap to fix errors and conditions leading to sims getting stuck along the way.

But it sounds to me like at some point you have allowed the adults in your household to take the free vacation from the Generations EP and the scenario has gotten stuck. That's different, not really related to world travel or mods, and is a very common occurrence. The best advice we and every other mod developer can offer is to never accept the Generations vacation offer because of the potential it has to break ongoing games completely.

If this is what has happened, can you revert gameplay to a prior save from before the free vacation offer arrived and replay things another way? If not, you would have to try different combinations of switching active households and evicting your current household and placing them back into town by way of Edit Town, if you can even get into Edit Town, to break free from the stuck scenario. Some players are never able to fix this when it happens and find that all they can do is place binned copies of their sims into a new world and begin again from there, hopefully you find a way to shake things loose that isn't quite as drastic. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Dani1996Dani1996 Posts: 4 New Member
    @igazor :
    That is exactly what happened! I allowed the adults in my household to take the free vacation from the Generations EP... I evicted them and placed them back into town and it got fixed! Thank you so much!!!