Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Challenge

So I'm starting the Not So Berry Challenge and I have a question for those who do it (or something like it). How do you decide the heir? When your current heir has more than one child, how do you decide which one is the next one? random? always a boy?

Comments

• Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I'm currently on generation 6. I just use whatever sim for the heir I feel has the most compelling story that I will enjoy playing.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm half way through the legacy and I generally like to pick females, although last gen I almost picked the younger son but I was impatient and went with his sister haha. So honestly I usually pick by looks because they would end up with the same traits anyways.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I usually pick my favorite. Other times I have stories on the parent's relationship with each of the children as time goes by, and the inpact on their personalities. For example, with my gen 3 heir Sunniva she is having 3 children. The first won't be heir because I imagine he/she being rebellious due to neglect from the family. I think Sunniva would realize her mistakes and wouldn't completely fix it, as she is very career oriented but would have a better, more positive relationship with the younger 2.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Since they have to have specific traits for the Not So Berry challenge and I don't want a bunch of kids with the same traits - in my play - each gen only has one child (just easier to focus only on one child too!) - other than Orange which has to have twins - and then it must have started a thing because the next gen Pink had twins too! For the twins I just pick one when they age to a child and have to have traits assigned - the other twin usually gets opposite traits. Kind of funny in the current gen - Peach has a twin - Peach's traits are Foodie, Lazy, Goofball so I made her twin's Glutton, Active, Sad - the glutton and active together are kind of funny - she pigs out all the time if left on her own and then goes and exercises like crazy!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    My first two generations only had one child so that made things easier. After I chose based on which child I liked the best, sometimes having to make a decision based on their life events. Like if the heir is supposed to be smart I go for the child that has developed the highest mental skill.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I usually just pick the the Sim I like the best, unless there's rules around who has to be heir for that generation. Like generation 2, your Sim can only have 1 child, so the heir is already chosen.
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    I tend to pick based on a combination of favoritism, genetics, & whoever has the better name. Granted, I'm only on the rose generation right now, so I haven't had to make a lot of decisions regarding picking my heirs out, but for my rose gen I ended up going with my first born, Rizzo. I knew when he was born that he'd be my heir since he had such an amazing connection with his mom that I knew I'd miss him if I picked his brother Pomme Granate or his sister Sangria. Don't get me wrong, I loved his siblings, but his sister was an absolute nightmare as a toddler/child & Pomme just didn't feel like he'd be capable of being a serial romantic. And then obviously Rizzo's daughter is going to be my next heir since he's only allowed one child.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,104 Member
    thanks all for the tips and advice. It's hard to only focus on one child and not get invested in the other siblings. And to make the choice too early could change the game. STRESS! lol
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    thanks all for the tips and advice. It's hard to only focus on one child and not get invested in the other siblings. And to make the choice too early could change the game. STRESS! lol

That's the only thing I'm really struggling with in NSB. They need certain traits to be heir, but I don't know who is gonna be heir until they are older.

I held a poll here on the forums and one of my kids was the clear favorite, so I've started giving her the traits for gen 2, but I'm so heartbroken about my boy sim. He's stealing my heart and I kind of wish he was heir. But he hasn't gotten the right traits for it. :(

I'm definitely going to be saving him to my library to play at another time, probably with the whole family.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

That's the only thing I'm really struggling with in NSB. They need certain traits to be heir, but I don't know who is gonna be heir until they are older.

I held a poll here on the forums and one of my kids was the clear favorite, so I've started giving her the traits for gen 2, but I'm so heartbroken about my boy sim. He's stealing my heart and I kind of wish he was heir. But he hasn't gotten the right traits for it. :(

I'm definitely going to be saving him to my library to play at another time, probably with the whole family.

Just change his traits. Then use him as heir.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Just change his traits. Then use him as heir.

After reading the Gen 2: Rose requirements for NSB, Rosalee (the picked heir) fits the bill much better than my soft-hearted sim son. So I'll leave it as it is. But he will definitely be getting his own save where he gets everything his heart desires and a large family, too. :)

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
    I feel dumb for asking this but what is the not so berry challenge?
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    edited April 2018
    dezoutloud wrote: »

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914114/not-so-berry-legacy-challenge/p1

Here ya go!

• Options
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914114/not-so-berry-legacy-challenge/p1

Here ya go!

I have personally altered mine to fit in Cats and Dogs & Jungle Adventures.
  • Options

Here ya go!

Really?
  • Options

Here ya go!

Really?

yup, because the current one doesn't include those
  • Options

Here ya go!

Really?

yup, because the current one doesn't include those

How did you include them? I've been thinking of doing that myself but I'm not sure what to do.
  • Options
    @gummybear0724

Here are two examples. For the first generation (the one I'm doing now) I added Jungle Explorer

Generation 1: Green
    You’re a mischievous scientist that really loves the color mint. You’re career driven but still make time for silly pranks and outings with your closest friends. You love luxury and want the best for yourself and your family.
    Traits: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic
    Aspiration: Jungle Explorer / Chief of Mischief
    Career: Scientist

• Master scientist career and complete Chief of Mischief aspiration
    • Master mischief and logic skills
    • Complete elements collection

I added Generation Eleven for Cats and Dogs...

Generation Eleven: Mint Green
    You love and adore animals. You will adopt new pets/strays at any chance you get. Your love for animals inspires you to become a vet but your love for the opposite sex (or same sex..whichever you fancy) even surpasses that and you are a bit of a serial woohooer.
    Traits: Self Assured, Loves Cats, Loves Dogs
    Aspiration: Friend of Cats and Dogs
    Career: Veterinarian
    • Adopt at least two strays
    • Have woohoo with every member of your veterinarian staff at least once
    • Don’t ever get married
    • Accidentally have a kid with a fling and take custody when they age to child
    • Always have at least two pets in your house throughout life

• Options
    Very cool, I'm on gen 3, but I'm very attached to the family, so I might add generations as well.
  • Options
    DynastySimDynastySim Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello. I am planning to start the not so berry challenge soon. I was just wondering if there are any other rules regarding money or if I have to start in a starter house. Also can some of the heirs be aliens or vampires or hybrids? I would like to incorporate as much of the game into the challenge as possible, so I was curious about that. Thanks!
  • Options
    DynastySim wrote: »
    Hello. I am planning to start the not so berry challenge soon. I was just wondering if there are any other rules regarding money or if I have to start in a starter house. Also can some of the heirs be aliens or vampires or hybrids? I would like to incorporate as much of the game into the challenge as possible, so I was curious about that. Thanks!

Honestly, you can make your own rules. It's your game, who's gonna know or care? haha. I am making up my own rules within the basic structure of the Not So Berry challenge and I'm actually finding the game fun and interesting again.
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    I always used the first born female as the heiress. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a matriarchy, but in my game it is!
    If anyone has time, please check out my youtube channel where I post updates on my decades challenge and I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge! Thank you so much and happy simming everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK-Tp_A8Qo3qzuOfyl7OH9w?view_as=subscriber
  • Options
    ShaedannaShaedanna Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a question about the peach generation - they have to master the detective career and complete the Jokestar aspiration. The Jokestar aspiration requires choosing the comedian branch of the entertainer career, so do people tend to have them join the entertainer career first, then once they've chosen comedian, quit and join the detective career?
  • Options
    SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    @rubahluba I will definitely be checking that out. And hey, if you’re ever open to doing another Legacy challenge. I made one and it’s on the challenges thread. It’s called the Into The Woods Legacy Challenge. I’d like to see someone play the challenge
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    @WanderlustSimmer I will absolutely check it out! I'm almost done the not so berry challenge on my channel so I'll be looking for another challenge soon!