Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2018 (Oct Patch Cancelled Due to Polishing)

Comments

• Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    it's got to be chara you ca never have enough chais
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Well that's interesting... Even one of the voice actors is anticipating the next patch...
    What’s it like working on #sims4 with Krizia Bajos [...] can’t wait for this new game patch to drop!!!!

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/23/cnns-great-big-story-currently-filming-the-sims-4/

well then its likely wheelchairs cnn wouldn't be doing a story if it wasn't something like that I hope we all enjoy it

I personally really really hope is something else however there has been so much talk about this for months now that it could totally be.
    I am not the only person who plays the game and I know others will be happy though.

On the other hand, I don't see why they'd need new voices recorded for some sort of wheelchair patch.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    I'd really love to see story progression. I'm really sick of starting a family, giving them jobs and then going back to them to find that none of them has bothered going to work, they don't have any relationships, they don't make friends and they don't have children. It's just not realistic to have families that just don't do anything unless you interact with them.

I agree with the uni pack, that would be good. But I'd like to see it more exciting then just seeing the students in their halls. You could have them getting caught trying to get into the local bar with fake ID (how do you get smiley's to work?) :-/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well that's interesting... Even one of the voice actors is anticipating the next patch...
    What’s it like working on #sims4 with Krizia Bajos [...] can’t wait for this new game patch to drop!!!!

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/23/cnns-great-big-story-currently-filming-the-sims-4/

well then its likely wheelchairs cnn wouldn't be doing a story if it wasn't something like that I hope we all enjoy it

It states very clearly in the article, that anyone can click on and read, that the story is about voice acting in the sims game. What does wheelchairs (which has not been confirmed) have to do with voice acting?
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

It states very clearly in the article, that anyone can click on and read, that the story is about voice acting in the sims game. What does wheelchairs (which has not been confirmed) have to do with voice acting?

Nothing but the voice acting could be for the new GP/EP if it's a superstar like pack or witches.
  • Options
    Voice acting goes with any theme: superstar, witches, university, beach, etc.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's probably going to be terrible.

Hey, I'm just saying what we're all thinking, EA.

;)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2018

I never said it was confirmed I just find it hard to believe that cnn is doing a story just because they like the voice acting they've been doing voice acting for years why now does cnn think its worthy of a story disabilities would be a first in almost any game
    don't get me wrong I'm not sure if its a good idea and there are so many things I'd rather have but thats the only thing I feel would be news worthy
    @Dannydanbo
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Great Big Story has its own website and you tube videos, too. Its parent company is CNN.

I've never seen it, but you can find out more about Great Big Story on line. It does seem like a story on general voice acting would be appropriate there. I don't know, though, for sure because I've not paid any attention to them before.

CNN is strictly focused on news. Pieces like this are better suited in other outlets.

I could be wrong.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Great Big Story has its own website and you tube videos, too. Its parent company is CNN.

I've never seen it, but you can find out more about Great Big Story on line. It does seem like a story on general voice acting would be appropriate there. I don't know, though, for sure because I've not paid any attention to them before.

CNN is strictly focused on news. Pieces like this are better suited in other outlets.

I could be wrong.

oh so its not CNN its a company they own thanks @Idontrcall
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I'm not sure @comicsforlife

I think it was made for Great Big Story. It's possible that CNN has a show with that title. I don't watch television so I'm not sure. I just know it is a website with videos.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    According to Google, Great Big Story is a global media company devoted to cinematic storytelling.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Since it is October and that is the only time of the year that we have a good chance of getting it, I would like more spooky day stuff. Never enough to decorate with. :)
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Since it is October and that is the only time of the year that we have a good chance of getting it, I would like more spooky day stuff. Never enough to decorate with. :)

we already have that
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

I really hope so; problem is, what is cool for some others won't like. I hope it is something pretty much universally wanted. I'm not into other life forms since we have vampires unless they are bringing back cemeteries, updating ghost, giving us more Grim interactions/stuff, and putting the wills in as an option to leave sims something when they pass on. :)

Right now, what would be cool to me is Farming EP, housebuilder(from survey), interior decorator, stylist, babysitter, nanny(from survey; we get to be her), infants freed & accessorized, collecting bugs, birds, and other small animals to keep in cages(hopefully harder to loose than S3), more playground stuff like riders for toddlers, cars would be nice, and wedding planner with more dresses, cake options, ect.
  • Options
    I'm not going to make the mistake that an October patch has anything at all to do with anything spooky. If what they are getting ready is not Halloween related, do you want them to hold it until a month that suits that theme finally rolls around? What if it is pool stuff? Summer is gone and fall is here, so do they wait until summer of next year?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    An underwear patch would be lovely. I'm tired of the lack of options.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Didn't they already hint a little while back that they were working on something really great. I don't remember the exact wording, but it sounded like a programing feature and not just wallpaper and fans.

Grant was all proud when someone asked about Story Progression. He said that they were planning ot add something similar, but not the SP as we know it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

They just barely discussed disability inclusion -- it's not going to be wheelchairs this soon.

CNN shows a lot of entertainment type stories over the weekends, so it could be something about voice acting in general. Sometimes wish I'd gone into voice work -- there's a big demand for good voice acturs, not just for video games but for commercial voiceovers as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's probably going to be terrible.

Hey, I'm just saying what we're all thinking, EA.

;)

I have a bit more faith than most -- I think it has the potential to be great, whatever it is. They did say "game pack" -- though I don't expect a voice actor to understand the nuances and differences between EPs, GPs and SPs. The fact that they're doing voice work though seems to indicate more than just an SP at any rate.

Unpopular Opinion: I haven't found any of the EPs to be "half baked" like a lot of people claim. Would I have done things differently? Perhaps -- I would have put more emphasis on the active careers and the aliens, and combined retail with the restaurants since they use a similar structure. and expanded business ownership to include other venues like spas (if you have Spa Day). But overall I've found value in every pack I own.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »

Between Spooky Stuff and Seasons, I think we've got enough in my personal opinion. They could patch Seasons to count the Spooky Stuff costumes for players that own the pack so those will fulfill the tradition.
  • Options
    I'd really love to see story progression. I'm really sick of starting a family, giving them jobs and then going back to them to find that none of them has bothered going to work, they don't have any relationships, they don't make friends and they don't have children. It's just not realistic to have families that just don't do anything unless you interact with them.

I agree with the uni pack, that would be good. But I'd like to see it more exciting then just seeing the students in their halls. You could have them getting caught trying to get into the local bar with fake ID (how do you get smiley's to work?) :-/

I highly recommend the MC Command Center mod; it adds a form of story progression so unplayed Sims will make friends (and enemies) and get married/have babies (occasionally in that order). You can find out information here, or check the discussion over in the Mods forum here.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

They just barely discussed disability inclusion -- it's not going to be wheelchairs this soon.

Maybe they'll include the option to break a leg in a fame themed pack in the future... and have a wheel chair for famous sims to try to get sympathy from rabid fans.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I never said it was confirmed I just find it hard to believe that cnn is doing a story just because they like the voice acting they've been doing voice acting for years why now does cnn think its worthy of a story disabilities would be a first in almost any game
    don't get me wrong I'm not sure if its a good idea and there are so many things I'd rather have but thats the only thing I feel would be news worthy
    @Dannydanbo

CNN is just the parent company. They own the rights to produce and distribute the show. I wouldn’t call the show news, but more of a look inside the working of various things. Voice acting seems like the type of content that would be on the program, we don’t know how long the segment will be when the episode airs. I imagine they chose Sims because it’s unique in the field of voice acting because they are recording a completely fictional language.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'd like to see story progression and the sims be able to go on and live life when we are playing other families.
    I'm sure in Sims 3, if you moved a sim to another house they would still go onto meet partners and have children without you having to play them whilst you were playing another sim.
    It really does not make sense that because you move a sim out, they just grow old and die without progressing in their lives.
    I do not want to see wheelchairs and disabilities as I think it is patronising and too PC.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top