Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is wrong with the butlers?!

Mine actually do work around the house but they dont take care of themselves! Everytime their needs get too low they leave and are replaced with another!! My current butler has been standing in front the dishwasher for the last 7 sim hours rather than sleeping or eating. I know other folks are having similar problems but i just needed to vent.

Comments

• Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Hm, I had this before you sign them to take of them selves I found this my child sims told her go to sleep and she went. so you have be one to tell them otherwise they'll be useless.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I remember when butlers used to take care of themselves...what changed?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Im sure they are supposed to take care of themselves but you do have the option to go order them to sleep.
  • Options
    crebo19 wrote: »
    Im sure they are supposed to take care of themselves but you do have the option to go order them to sleep.

I think they stopped being able to take care of their own selves when that was added in actually.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    This should be reported as a bug over on AHQ
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    The butler bug has been reported; i just wanted to vent my frustration.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    The butler bug has been reported; i just wanted to vent my frustration.

haha - fair enough.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Oh that bug.. They havent fix that sill. Maybe if we all would report that bug again and they would finally fix butlers.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Oh that bug.. They havent fix that sill. Maybe if we all would report that bug again and they would finally fix butlers.

Yeah, the original butler bug report thread was closed down and to report any new instances of the bug in new threads.
  • Options
    punkchica83punkchica83 Posts: 5 New Member
    I wish they would fix this... mine goes a step farther... they don't leave... they starve to death and die. I have to tell them to sleep too or they fall asleep standing up. I've lost 4 butlers due to this. I've decided until they fix this, I'm not going to have anymore butlers. It's just a waste of simoleons because they don't clean or fix things. They just stand around until they die. :(
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    I dont seem to have this problem when I do have butlers in my game, I just tend to get stuck with elderly butlers the butler academy send me
  • Options
    I dont seem to have this problem when I do have butlers in my game, I just tend to get stuck with elderly butlers the butler academy send me

I have one elderly immortal butler in my primary save, and she's great! :smiley: