Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you turn a cured vampire back into a vampire...

Just asking this for future reference.

If you have a human sim who used to be a vampire, and you turn them back into a vampire (either by being bitten or by MC command center), will they reacquire their previous rank and powers, or do they become a powerless fledgling all over again?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    All the vampires that I played that were cured and were turned again never had to start over. They usually retained most if not all of their rank, strength, and weaknesses.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    All the vampires that I played that were cured and were turned again never had to start over. They usually retained most if not all of their rank, strength, and weaknesses.

That's very useful to know, thanks. :)

If you think about it, as vampires they learnt how to do those things and attain those powers (by giving you the option to select them as they rank up); just because they're human afterwards doesn't mean they've forgotten how to do those things, they're just unable to in human form.

Interesting though that you said usually. It might be a bug that's responsible in cases where it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    The part I was thinking about is not a bug, but something else that I didn't mention.

For example, I have this one sim I am constantly playing here and there, and she is fully skilled with all skills completed. Usually, I only play her when a new pack comes out and I'm wanting to just see what the new pack has to offer. Well, this sim has been human and vampire many many times, I'm constantly going back an forth with her. Sometimes when I save her to my library as a human and then bring her back as a human, then turning her back. It's when I do this will she have lost just a bit of her vampire abilities, and rank, not all the way, but some. Regardless she has a ton of vampire points that it is nothing to put her back to where she was before.
  • Options
    I see. Thanks for the info. :)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, from my experience, if sim gets cured and then turned back into a vampire, they will keep all the power points they have collected. However, I had to reselect the powers and weaknesses.
  • Options
    That's useful to know, thanks :)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, from my experience, if sim gets cured and then turned back into a vampire, they will keep all the power points they have collected. However, I had to reselect the powers and weaknesses.

I think that's even better, because you can choose to change things and choose the powers differently!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

I think that's even better, because you can choose to change things and choose the powers differently!

I just got a story idea from this.

Evil vampire terrorizes town, drinks without permission, uses powers to make everyone dazed, sad, and angry, etc. Vampire slayer comes to town and cures them. Evil vampire befriends some humans/something happens to make them regret their actions. Somehow they get turned again and become a benevolent vampire.

Or the reverse: A Good vampire tries to remain as human as possible and wants to be cured; when they finally get it and take it they immediately regret it and become bitter. They get turned again and become an evil vampire.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have a relevant question: Does it depend on age? Like if they were a vampire as a teenager and got cured, but were turned again as an adult, would they still have all their power points?
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I have a relevant question: Does it depend on age? Like if they were a vampire as a teenager and got cured, but were turned again as an adult, would they still have all their power points?

They should still retain their same powers even as a reborn vampire at least this is what I've experienced unless you have used the drought of reconfiguration which resets all vampire powers and weaknesses.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

They should still retain their same powers even as a reborn vampire at least this is what I've experienced unless you have used the drought of reconfiguration which resets all vampire powers and weaknesses.

Alright cool, thanks!