Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to redownload one of my own Sims from the gallery? *SOLVED - TYSM*

Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
I rarely use the gallery, so the answer is probably simple, I hope. Anyway, I went to the online gallery this morning to redownload a Sim I uploaded and had previously downloaded into my game once. When I hover over the download button though, it says, "remove from my downloads." I don't want to remove this Sim from my game, I just want to download him again for another save file. I can't find the save file he's in already so I can't just go to manage households and get him from there.

If I click on that, will it magically somehow remove him from my game even though his save file isn't in the game or in my tray? Or will it just do nothing except make the button refresh so I can 'add Sim to my downloads' again? Thanks to anyone who can help! I just got a new gaming desktop last week and I'm trying to put all my older, unplayed Sims in a new save as townies and possibly play with them at some point. :)
Post edited by Karababy52 on

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited September 2018
    Check your library. If you use CC you may want to make sure that's checked. Hope I helped.
    Edit: typo
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,610 Member
    edited September 2018
    This is how I put my own Sims into a new save. Start the new game, which takes you right into CAS. From CAS, click on the Gallery, then My Library. Select your Sim to REPLACE the default Sim in CAS. Voila. Do whatever tweaks you wanted to do, and/or add Sims to this group. Hit the check mark as always and place them onto the lot of choice.

This Sim you have previously downloaded should have been saved to your My Library. Anytime you click the check mark at the start of a game it says something about this will save your Sim or words to that effect. Go into CAS and then select Gallery to see if that Sim is available.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    On a hunch I went to the in-game gallery and that Sim didn't have only the 'remove from my game' option when hovering over him. So I was able to successfully download him into My Library from my Catalog and ultimately into the save file as a Townie.

Thanks for the tip @SweetieWright_84, but I have never used CC in TS4 because all I had was an old toaster of a laptop which is now a brick. However, now that I have a proper gaming desktop, I will definitely be downloading a little now. :)

Thanks to you too @GalacticGal I had already previously created the save file I wanted to use and knew what to do to make him a Townie. I go through most of the steps you mentioned, except, I don't put them on a lot, I just cancel the 'place on lot' or 'move in' and the Sim is automatically put 'not in world' as a Townie in that save file.

I'll probably eventually put a few in houses and use them for mates and/or friends, etc. of the main Sim in this save file. I didn't intend to actually play out their stories though. That's why I put them in as Townies. I just wanted to see them in venues, at work and as walk-bys, etc., to give them a chance to finally 'live' in my game instead of languish in files on my hard drive or in the gallery.

I apologize for the late response to your very thoughtful replies. I posted this thread, went in game for a few minutes, found the solution and then had to immediately leave to take care of my Grandson so I wouldn't be late. I didn't have time to post again until now. Thanks for understanding and...

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm glad you got it all figured out. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel