Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adopting a stray...

I have this lot that is cat-friendly and a sick stray cat keeps popping up. I made my sim befriend her, did all the friendly interactions, but I can't seem to get the adopt interaction. :( Is it impossible to adopt a stray on your home lot or should I do more interactions before being able to adopt the pet?
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2018
    It's possible, but people have expressed some difficulty in doing it.
    I've read that if you call them over to your lot, you won't be able to adopt them. Try your luck after bumping into the cat randomly somewhere else in BB.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    Looks like the adopt option appeared the next day when the cat walked into my house again. :D
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    To adopt strays, your sims needs to befriend them. Once you get the message saying your sim has befriended the stray cat/dog, the option to adopt should appear.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    To adopt strays, your sims needs to befriend them. Once you get the message saying your sim has befriended the stray cat/dog, the option to adopt should appear.

I thought it would be a bit harder than that. I thought you had to reach up to good friends with the pet before the Adopt option came up. If I am mistaken, then I didn't have to cheat strays into my households to get it over with after all.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

I thought it would be a bit harder than that. I thought you had to reach up to good friends with the pet before the Adopt option came up. If I am mistaken, then I didn't have to cheat strays into my households to get it over with after all.

I have always been able to add strays to my households once the message saying my sim has become friends with the stray has appeared. I have never had to wait for their relationship to go any higher, so, no, you should not need to cheat to adopt them.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

That is so with ghost pets.
    For living strays, a simple friendship is enough.