Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 gallery problems - Sept 1, 2018

Comments

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Typical for the gallery these days, and its the weekend and a holiday weekend...oh boy!
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    This happens to me too
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I typed in a name of a character that I have in my game, got off the gallery yesterday, now no matter what character name I type in that I already have it tells me "no options available" ( or whatever is says when it finds nothing). I wish they had not messed with the gallery. Even when you do find what you are looking for, it takes forever.

It's a long 3 day holiday weekend. It's to be expected.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    That explains a lot
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yup, I've about given up going to the Gallery as every time I try to place a lot, all grays out and then it freezes. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Rae2062Rae2062 Posts: 4 New Member
    I haven’t been able to access the gallery all weekend. :(
  • Options
    Hoping while the EA team is flipping them burgers and downing a brewsky, they could check their messages that the gallery is in mass destruction mode...lol,
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @all - Agreed. I tried to upload my house I'd built today, but it wouldn't upload.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    Hoping while the EA team is flipping them burgers and downing a brewsky, they could check their messages that the gallery is in mass destruction mode...lol,

But they won’t, because EA.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    It's still a complete pig sty mess, most hashtags simply won't load, that stupid populist idea first is annoying. Just revert it to what it was a month ago EA\Maxis\Origin. whoever made the mess. FIX IT!.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Marjia wrote: »
    Gallery is a mess. Half the time the page won't load or it's missing stuff, out of order, can't upload, nobody sees new builds, it's just broken.
    So many bug reports written on EA help and they just ignore it.

Oh and they have plans to sell me new content over the next 3 years??? I doubt I'll still be around if this keeps up.

MAXIS IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH THEIR USERS!

The gallery was perfect just the way it was. They could have added a new tab for the most popular.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SimsAlcoholicSimsAlcoholic Posts: 4 New Member
    Mine has been doing it too. I hate it. After all the work I did I had to start over. Really ticked off.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yep, the Gallery's bugginess has certainly put a dent in my Simming plans this weekend. I have been setting up a new save and rebuilding all my worlds with venues that fit on smaller lots. :( Can't do that at the moment and I doubt I will have my worlds completed until the Gallery is fixed again. This issue has been going on since the overhaul, and it's annoying. Small changes released over time would have made more sense seeing as the big update has caused so many problems. Good luck everyone, I feel your pain. I hope the next update Kate says is coming resolves the problems.

• Options
    KatieGKatieG Posts: 54 Member
    Praying that scheduled major maintenance is a revamp of the gallery, lol.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Yep, the Gallery's bugginess has certainly put a dent in my Simming plans this weekend. I have been setting up a new save and rebuilding all my worlds with venues that fit on smaller lots. :( Can't do that at the moment and I doubt I will have my worlds completed until the Gallery is fixed again. This issue has been going on since the overhaul, and it's annoying. Small changes released over time would have made more sense seeing as the big update has caused so many problems. Good luck everyone, I feel your pain. I hope the next update Kate says is coming resolves the problems.

I hope so too. But all too often major updates make things worse,and it takes small updates and too much time to fix the first issue and all the other issues caused by fixing the issue in the first place. Should have left well enough alone.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I've started to play offline since last week, because it's pretty much filled up my cache folder with images from the gallery, although I just browse through without downloading anything (I don't even use any CC/Mod for my game). It has caused my game to be very laggy. I am due to upload a Household Lot for one of the building threads. I haven't uploaded it ever since. I've started to think that the gallery overhaul is not actually improving my experience. Hoping that the next update should make things better.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    KATLLOKATLLO Posts: 2 New Member
    I haven't been able to access the gallery since I added Seasons. Never had this problem before now. Have tried everything EA suggests and had my IT friend work with it also. No luck. So I am resigned to either not having the gallery or getting on the phone with EA. sigh.
  • Options
    KATLLOKATLLO Posts: 2 New Member
    I haven't been able to access the gallery since I loaded Seasons. First time with this problem (seems I was lucky from all the prior posts), but it has really impacted by love of the game without all the wonderful simmer creations to add. After being a solid Sims fan since Sim Ant in 1992, I am sad to say I am losing interest to play the game. sad.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That's the new normal.
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    Monday morning, The gallery is still down. I don't think anyone at EA Plays the Sims.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Gallery seems to be broken again. Even when I check the profile of players I follow and know they have items for download, "no items found." This is getting old.
  • Options
    Wow it is almost hard to believe in the world of high technology that we have to wait weeks to have an issue fixed, it's insulting that as clients we are always waiting for a fix for something...wow!!