Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Balancing a family with rabbit hole/non-rabbit hole careers

So my family is growing pretty well. I have three adults with careers out of the home. Two are rabbit hole jobs and one is a fireman. My question is, should I minimize the number of Sims in my family that have non-rabbit hole jobs? Seems like if I have more than one, it would be way difficult to manage.

Suggestions? Tips?

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Try to have the rabbit hole hours line up with the non-rabbit hole hours. That way 2 sims are effectively "out of your hair" while you're doing the firefighting tasks.

Or if thats not possible, just make sure the other 2 have their needs in the green and set them to a hobby. Or just leave them to their own devices, what's the worst they can get into ;)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    So it sounds like my thought process is correct: minimize the number of family members who have non-rabbit hole jobs. This problem may be fixing itself very soon. With three pets in the home, a new baby was born that maxed out the household. I want my heir to have another baby so her brother, wife and son will likely be moving out, taking with them those two rabbit hole jobs.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    The non-rabbit hole professions like fireman, stylist, lifeguard, etc., are pretty time consuming, and I think it would be very hard to manage a household with more than one sim in that type of job, so I would agree with your approach. In fact, I've only really enjoyed playing a sim in one of those professions when they've lived alone. It's tolerable if everyone else is either at a rabbit hole job or in school during the same hours the fireman - or other professional - is also working. Self-employment, however, is an entirely different matter. It's pretty easy to manage several sims who are self-employed (painters, gardeners, writers, etc.) because you need to follow them less. You can just queue up activities for everyone and check in on them once in a while.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    I found it much easier to have one sim in a non-rabbithole career. But it's doable to have one that works in the daytime (i.e. stylist, firefighter, etc.) and one that works at night (i.e. performances for the higher level Showtime careers and the ghost hunter career). Particularly with the performance careers, your household can maintain their relationship by attending the performances, even though they're never at home at the same time