The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JKaorin's Home Gallery - Career Starters

JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
Hello all. I have been designing homes for quite some time now, so I decided to show some of the builds here on the forum. Please feel free to comment and critique.

ID : JKaorin

Currently, I am working on a set of homes for each career. All are starter homes that come with the necessary items for each career (e.g. easel for the painter, computer for the writer) and are designed for 1-2 sims (although some can be converted to be used by families). The style I strive for is simple, eclectic, lived-in, and idyllic.

Gardener Career Starter
Cost: Under 20k
A nicely decorated starter home for 2 sims exploring both branches of the #gardener career. Includes a flower arranging table, television, computer, garden, outdoor laundry, 2 bedrooms.

sAwktc3.png
hNLkDNn.png
hdmijDe.png
XA7H8Ay.png
J90nRsC.png
6SDpFI6.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,718 Member
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :)
    It is a great idea to design a set of starter homes to suit the careers of Sims, and is very helpful :) The exterior design and the layout of Gardener Career Starter is very nice! The wooden wall texture and greenery on it looks very nice, and the planter/flower box windows are a very nice and pretty touch. The floral wheel cart suits the type of home. Very nice roof covered front entrance. Very nice outdoors nook area for the gardener sim to enjoy growing plants and enjoy doing flower arranging on the flower arrangement table. It is great that there is an outdoors clothing line and wash tub nook for Sims to do their washing and dry their clothes in the outdoors air. The gardening tools look great on the wall! Very nice design of the interior. The clothes rack, and the hair dryer and beauty products on the bedroom dresser are homely touches. Nice windows sofa and armchair nook for Sims to enjoy watching tv with sunlight coming in through the windows.
    It is a very nice starter home for gardeners! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow for your kind comments! :) I have made a few more career starters and will post them soon.
  • Options
    KateEmeraldKateEmerald Posts: 240 Member
    Beautiful, I love how realistic yet special that build looks! All the small details make it so awesome! :)
  • Options
    @KateEmerald Thank you! That is my favorite part of working on any build is the filling in of the small items to make it more realistic. :)
  • Options
    Writer Career Starter
    Cost: 18.3k
    Description: This is a tiny home for the lone sim aspiring into the writing/author career. The main attraction for this lot is the top floor writing den which includes a bookcase, place to sit and read, and more importantly, a computer in which to write their best sellers. This place is best for a loner sim starting out since there isn't that much space for multiple sims but it is a place of solitude for those who love to live in their own imaginations.

ldWi0X6.png
    uYq4ENj.png
    8ZTwlfT.png
    hEfXB9G.png
    EApIjva.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,718 Member
    The exterior design of Writer Career Starter is pretty! :) The roof design looks very nice, and the red colour of the exterior walls and fencing gives a great look to the home. The greenery on the window and plants stand beside the front door complement well with the red colour. Very nice interior of the starter. It is great that there is a nook area for sims to enjoy watching tv whilst dining. They will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst cooking a meal. Very nice upstairs sitting and study nook for the writer to enjoy sitting at the table doing writing on the computer with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. They will enjoy resting in the armchair reading a book.
    It is a very nice starter for a Writer :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I love your starters! I just binge downloaded all of them haha