Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm packing up for a trip to the beach for a couple of days and I have no idea what I else to bring :confounded:

I'm trying to go light, since I don't know what I may buy (also my birthday gifts). My God - 41 yrs old! How'd I get this old?! :/

Also going to The Wright Brothers Museum too. Last time I was there, I was 7 yrs old, but it was closed for renovation - Bummer. Hopefully it will be open this time :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm packing up for a trip to the beach for a couple of days and I have no idea what I else to bring :confounded:

I'm trying to go light, since I don't know what I may buy (also my birthday gifts). My God - 41 yrs old! How'd I get this old?! :/

Also going to The Wright Brothers Museum too. Last time I was there, I was 7 yrs old, but it was closed for renovation - Bummer. Hopefully it will be open this time :wink:

Ooh. Have fun at the museum! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm oddly motivated.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

Sunblock, sunglasses, hat, water bottle. Proper foorwear.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I'm oddly motivated.

I'm oddly happy
    What is happening to us ? :D:D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    nani wrote: »
    I'm oddly motivated.

I'm oddly happy

This isn't like us. :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    nani wrote: »
    I'm oddly motivated.

I'm oddly happy

This isn't like us. :joy:

It certainly isn't but I'm not complaining

• Options
    It's been exactly one year since i freaked out cause i thought the world was gonna end the Solar Eclipse.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    My lips are so wrinkly now, they look like Thanos's chin.

Omg, they just said on the news being outside for the afternoon is equivalent to smoking 8 cigarettes due to the air quality being so poor.

RIP. What's the PSI there? It was 400 one time in Singapore and I was just walking around without a mask like a boss. XD But I think 8 cigarettes are probably like 10 times worse. :joy:

We don't have that exact system, but here's this.
    https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_state&stateid=49&tab=0

Oh. I can't find a conversion between the two. XD

Well, the AQI is in 150-200 range, which is "unhealthy". It looks pretty similar to the PSI after all actually, there just an extra group for the AQI.

Currently showing 183 for where I'm at.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm finally on my way to the beach! Can't wait to see the sea! :) I'm also hyped about The Wright Brothers Museum! :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options

Omg, they just said on the news being outside for the afternoon is equivalent to smoking 8 cigarettes due to the air quality being so poor.

RIP. What's the PSI there? It was 400 one time in Singapore and I was just walking around without a mask like a boss. XD But I think 8 cigarettes are probably like 10 times worse. :joy:

Well, the AQI is in 150-200 range, which is "unhealthy". It looks pretty similar to the PSI after all actually, there just an extra group for the AQI.

Yeah, maybe it's quite similar. For PSI, above 100 is unhealthy too.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Do y'all know how lonely you can feel in a large group of friends?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2018

My middle/high school life in a sentence, man. I had some good friends throughout, but at the same time, I struggled with connection and cried to myself a lot because I felt so lonely.
  • Options

Yeah, maybe it's quite similar. For PSI, above 100 is unhealthy too.

For here, 100-150 is "Unhealthy for sensitive groups".
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Lyoufln wrote: »

My middle/high school life in a sentence, man. I had some good friends throughout, but at the same time, I struggled with connection and cried to myself a lot because I felt so lonely.

That's kinda how I'm feeling today. Like, yeah, I'm making friends and all, yet I still feel a little lonely but I can't say why. :confused:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

That's kinda how I'm feeling today. Like, yeah, I'm making friends and all, yet I still feel a little lonely but I can't say why. :confused:

Because they are new friends. The strength of bond isn't there. These things take time, but in the meantime, those are perfectly normal feelings.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Ya.

Cuz your old friends are not with you. That's why.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Not just a large group of friends. I have a group of 3 and rarely hang with them, but when i do i just feel lonely..
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Hey, just know you're not alone out there :)

From what you've been posting here lately, you're starting your postsecondary studies right?

I know the first while can be lonely, but that's totally normal. It's a new environment and a big change. Also, just because you see folks being all 'buddy-buddy' during the first week or two (or even month or semester) doesn't mean they'll be best friends forever and that you missed the ship for making friends.

Postsecondary studies are a time of growth and change just as much as the education you're getting. You learn more than just school.

I recommend joining a club. Campuses often have a 'club fair' advertising student-run clubs and organizations. That might help you find some nice people!

Also, if you're living in a campus dorm/residence, at least in my experience [live in a smallish dorm during school year], I recommend keeping your door open when you're just chilling in your room and in sight of the door/hallway. This is especially helpful during the first month, before the heavier studies start and people are goofing around more. RA's, at least at my institution, run in-residence events like tiny study/chillout sessions, watch-The Bachelor-with-snacks-nights (yes we did :)), or even colouring or board game nights. If your dorm/school offers those, I recommend going to them every now and then. :)
  • Options

I mean I never had a large group of friends but I know what it feels when you're surrounded by people, or even family, and you feel so lonely.

• Options

From what you've been posting here lately, you're starting your postsecondary studies right?

I know the first while can be lonely, but that's totally normal. It's a new environment and a big change. Also, just because you see folks being all 'buddy-buddy' during the first week or two (or even month or semester) doesn't mean they'll be best friends forever and that you missed the ship for making friends.

Postsecondary studies are a time of growth and change just as much as the education you're getting. You learn more than just school.

I recommend joining a club. Campuses often have a 'club fair' advertising student-run clubs and organizations. That might help you find some nice people!

Also, if you're living in a campus dorm/residence, at least in my experience [live in a smallish dorm during school year], I recommend keeping your door open when you're just chilling in your room and in sight of the door/hallway. This is especially helpful during the first month, before the heavier studies start and people are goofing around more. RA's, at least at my institution, run in-residence events like tiny study/chillout sessions, watch-The Bachelor-with-snacks-nights (yes we did :)), or even colouring or board game nights. If your dorm/school offers those, I recommend going to them every now and then. :)

Yeah, I'm just starting college. I know I just moved 700 miles so yeah, it's definitely more about adjusting at this point. I called my grandmother to talk to her and I feel better, so maybe I was just missing something familiar. I'm actually in a program already-that's why I'm here now. Everyone else (including my roommate) is moving in on Thursday with classes starting on Monday.

I will definitely be looking into some clubs and orgs when the fair happens. It's just still too early for that kinda thing.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options

Yeah, I'm just starting college. I know I just moved 700 miles so yeah, it's definitely more about adjusting at this point. I called my grandmother to talk to her and I feel better, so maybe I was just missing something familiar. I'm actually in a program already-that's why I'm here now. Everyone else (including my roommate) is moving in on Thursday with classes starting on Monday.

I will definitely be looking into some clubs and orgs when the fair happens. It's just still too early for that kinda thing.

700 miles?!?! That's a pretty big distance! It's good that you talked to your grandmother though. I call my parents sometimes (and my grandma!) too. :)

Honestly, first year, especially the first semester, is getting used to being a college/university student. It's a big adjustment, but at least you don't have to ask to go to the bathroom anymore (I still had to ask in high school :sweat_smile:)

My classes start in a couple weeks. :) Good luck with your studies.
  • Options

Not just a large group of friends. I have a group of 3 and rarely hang with them, but when i do i just feel lonely..

2gbfz3.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

2gbfz3.jpg

I... I don't think that's true, DeKay.
    unknown.png
  • Options

2gbfz3.jpg

:expressionless:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top