Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this intentional, and has it happened to you?

My sim is friends with Caleb Vatore and one of his roommates got the "welcome to the neighborhood nice neck" thing Vlad does while Caleb was hanging out with them. Later, I saw Vlad walking by their house, but he never came inside, which left me wondering if this was because Caleb was there, and whether it was done on purpose to match the storyline. I think I'll try to test if it works with Lilith too.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2018
    I usually have that greeting pop up with Vlad at some point after starting a save but he never actually comes for a visit. Sometimes he’ll swing by to break in at a later date. Sometimes a different vampire will and sometimes no one shows. It has nothing to do with another vampire being there though.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Usually this prompt begins the script behavior for the official introduction into vampires/vampirism, but sometimes it just doesn't behave as intended and works only best if you're sleeping before midnight. Sometimes it'll be Vlad that comes to "greet" you, but sometimes other vampires might instead, usually the Vatores. I've only ever seen that message open up though only a couple times in one save, maybe even only once per save.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I've seen it first or second night per newly moved in sim. Vlad is the usual one that comes, is polite, just knocking on the door and waiting. If you have a water slide in the back he often goes to it until sunrise. If memory serves, he doesn't have the break-in power. Don't know about the Vatore's.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I've seen it first or second night per newly moved in sim. Vlad is the usual one that comes, is polite, just knocking on the door and waiting. If you have a water slide in the back he often goes to it until sunrise. If memory serves, he doesn't have the break-in power. Don't know about the Vatore's.

Yes he does have break in power - he fed from my one sim several nights in a row, until I planted some garlic in the apartment.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    horror_obsessedhorror_obsessed Posts: 21 Member
    Vlad has only fed from one of my sims. I need to learn how to make delicious sims!
  • Options
    verlainem wrote: »

Yes he does have break in power - he fed from my one sim several nights in a row, until I planted some garlic in the apartment.

1) Did you lock all your doors?

2) Were the door locks currently broken as a game issue when this occurred?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I just went in and checked on the slime-ball. He does not have the ability to just walk in a/k/a eternally welcome. He does have the undead aura weakness that alienates non vampires, which may be at least one reason why efforts to chat him up fail. Some sort of condition must have been satisfied for him to have fed on those sims.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member

1) Did you lock all your doors?

2) Were the door locks currently broken as a game issue when this occurred?

It was an apartment in SM, I thought they were automatically locked and I have no idea if the locks were broken or not
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I just check that the doors are locked for all except the family since Vatore got in a couple of days ago. I reverted to an earlier save as (I do two each time). I don't need garlic. He now waits a couple of hours outside then takes himself off.

I had thought that visiting vampires had been got rid of but it appears I was wrong.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2018
    Simburian wrote: »
    I just check that the doors are locked for all except the family since Vatore got in a couple of days ago. I reverted to an earlier save as (I do two each time). I don't need garlic. He now waits a couple of hours outside then takes himself off.

I had thought that visiting vampires had been got rid of but it appears I was wrong.

I use a mod that keeps vampires out of the Sim neighborhoods -- still see them out chatting up the Sims but they don't invade like they used to. (I deleted the three starting vampires, Vlad and the Vatores and added a couple of my own but they have no powers. The game does still spawn vampires, but they're not invading homes and feeding on Sims.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Well I certainly didn't want them to take away vampiric home invasions, especially since I raised uproar in the thread where that very feature was thought to have been taken away. Even then, home invasions as they are now are rare for me and I never get to see them much these days.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've seen exactly one invasion lately, and it failed. which i found funny.

been playing the fyres household, gave moira the seldom sleepy trait, so she's up most nights, anyway (that stops invasions, btw. if a sim on the lot is awake from 1 to 4 am, there won't be an attack). i had her do a bit of jogging while the weather was nice and, because she was technically off the lot, a vampire attack occurred. except, the vampire showed up right after moira got back onto the lot at the end of her jog. so, the vampire crept up to the door, realized a sim was awake, turned around and crept away
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Lock.
    The.
    Door.

Works for normal idiots too.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just jumped into the game to check, these are vlad's default powers:

46d20915a38b71c7ccafeafe613619c5.png
  • Options
    KingToakerKingToaker Posts: 19 Member
    I get that message every time I start a new family. As said above, it's definitely some sort of welcoming to the Vampire pack
    dalopuad36d.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    KingToaker wrote: »
    I get that message every time I start a new family. As said above, it's definitely some sort of welcoming to the Vampire pack

Yup. It's a little scripted event.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

Sometimes it never comes up at all for me...
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member

Sometimes it never comes up at all for me...

Same here, sometimes it does and sometimes it never does
    4Wv5dIG.jpg