Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Cats and Dogs No Disc

I am disappointed because I still have not played it as I ordered a DVD for PC and never got one, but was sent an empty box with a code, from Amazon, they said they will replace it but I think the one they are now sending is still a code? Why could we order a DVD for PC then not get it? Have EA not put out the DVD yet, as I wanted one so that I have it on my shelf with the rest of my Sims collection, and to use in my laptop. I do not think it is right that they keep giving codes to download games that we pay a lot of money for

Comments

• Options
    druholtdruholt Posts: 10 New Member
    from what i've heard, from now on they will only have the code in the box. getting a code and redeeming works the same as if you had a physical disc. the boxes are still provided for people who need to buy in store due to not having a credit card to use online, online security risks, and for people who still collect the boxes. so it is normal to not have a disc in the box. hope this helps!
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Apparently you have an internet connection, so I'm not sure what the problem is?

The latest patch was larger than the download for Cats and Dogs, and I'm sure you managed to download that eventually. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Not to mention several laptops nowadays don't even come with an internal CD-ROM anymore. Maybe that's why.

Still, I miss the days when we'd be able to play things without having to be connected to the internet first. Would have been nice to play Sims 4 on like, a boring roadtrip or something else that typically doesn't guarantee an accessible wifi connection. Freakin Origin stopped me from doing that this summer. Like??? I paid for this game? You better let me play it when I want to? Ugh.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    mandarinlady1mandarinlady1 Posts: 44 Member
    Yes exactly Magdaleena , I like to have the Disc, as I said, can we not play it offline if no wifi? And suppose these companies eventually stop , go bankrupt or something what could we do then to access our games?
  • Options
    druholt wrote: »
    from what i've heard, from now on they will only have the code in the box. getting a code and redeeming works the same as if you had a physical disc. the boxes are still provided for people who need to buy in store due to not having a credit card to use online, online security risks, and for people who still collect the boxes. so it is normal to not have a disc in the box. hope this helps!
    The other Expansion Packs have had Discs in.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2017
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Not to mention several laptops nowadays don't even come with an internal CD-ROM anymore. Maybe that's why.

Still, I miss the days when we'd be able to play things without having to be connected to the internet first. Would have been nice to play Sims 4 on like, a boring roadtrip or something else that typically doesn't guarantee an accessible wifi connection. Freakin Origin stopped me from doing that this summer. Like??? I paid for this game? You better let me play it when I want to? Ugh.

Some desktop cases do not even come with external slots. Just like the 3.5 drives, someday CD/DVD drives on an computer will be obsolete.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Some desktop cases do not even come with external slots. Just like the 3.5 drives, someday CD/DVD drives on an computer will be obsolete.

Yes but you can buy external disc drives.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I don't think sims 4 or any of its current dlc has had a disc, i went to a store to purchase sims 4 as a hard copy when it was released, and when I got home, and opened my sims 4 case, it was in fact empty with just a code inside to download it from origin, and I suspect it would not make sense for any of the other add on's for sims 4 to be any different. Tho you do get a fancy sims 4 decorated plastic case ~~ ooo

I recently got a new computer built and not even my new pc can use a disc, i would have to buy an external drive to play discs, pretty sure that in the future people will not even need to leave their homes, we will all just do everything even simple tasks online, i would not even be phased if we would still be connected to the internet even while asleep, maybe we will discover technology to document dreams and stuff and just 100% of the time be connected to the internet.

Maybe the future for humans will be just everyone living in really clean nice spaces, and outside world will be full of eco friendly wilderness stuff, finding new and creative ways to use solar power, always connected to the internet, to your friends, to your family, to the world, you always can choose to be aware of everything or not, and just never truly be alone. ever. wow.

The future could be like that one episode of black mirror--- no wait, that would suck.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yes but you can buy external disc drives.

That is true and you can also buy one for the laptop as well, companies are less dependent on physical media because it reduces overhead in certain areas of production. Those that do not have access to the internet are considered casualties being as long as they can get the majority to connect. The writing was on the wall for a long time that anything that was on physical media was doomed. I myself prefer physical media but in the long run it does not matter because unlike the past where you did not need the internet or an third party to completely install an program like now. You basically have to pray when an company goes belly up they allow the user to disengage from needing them to finish an install or let you DL the Install file like GOG does. I have accepted DLing games being it is getting harder to get your hands on an hard copy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Shades302 wrote: »
    I don't think sims 4 or any of its current dlc has had a disc, i went to a store to purchase sims 4 as a hard copy when it was released, and when I got home, and opened my sims 4 case, it was in fact empty with just a code inside to download it from origin, and I suspect it would not make sense for any of the other add on's for sims 4 to be any different. Tho you do get a fancy sims 4 decorated plastic case ~~ ooo

I recently got a new computer built and not even my new pc can use a disc, i would have to buy an external drive to play discs, pretty sure that in the future people will not even need to leave their homes, we will all just do everything even simple tasks online, i would not even be phased if we would still be connected to the internet even while asleep, maybe we will discover technology to document dreams and stuff and just 100% of the time be connected to the internet.

Maybe the future for humans will be just everyone living in really clean nice spaces, and outside world will be full of eco friendly wilderness stuff, finding new and creative ways to use solar power, always connected to the internet, to your friends, to your family, to the world, you always can choose to be aware of everything or not, and just never truly be alone. ever. wow.

The future could be like that one episode of black mirror--- no wait, that would suck.

I have the Discs for the Sims 4 and the Sims 4 Get to Work, The Sims 4 Get Together, The Sims 4 City Living. The only one I do not have a Disc for of the expansion Packs is the newest one Cats and Dogs! But it does say on the Box DVD ROM.
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Apparently you have an internet connection, so I'm not sure what the problem is?

The latest patch was larger than the download for Cats and Dogs, and I'm sure you managed to download that eventually. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes I did but you do not understand what I am saying , I want a disc to keep with the others that I have.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Yes I did but you do not understand what I am saying , I want a disc to keep with the others that I have.

Your out of luck , they do things with no disk now.
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    The only sims 4 dlc that has a disc it is the Base Game and GTW, all the others have codes. You need a code anyway to activate the disc...
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I use to love Best Buy and now that I moved I am very far from one, well someone was going there, so they asked me to go. I said yes, when I got there I was looking for the software, games, but could not find them, I was standing by some business software and asked a sales person where the games and thing were, she said Oh we don't sell them anymore as they are all downloads online now.
  • Options
    We are still misled when it says DVD ROM on the box! Shame on them.
  • Options
    We are still misled when it says DVD ROM on the box! Shame on them.

The one I got said PC/MAC digital code inside. For Get Together, City Living, and Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    As far as i remember I've been able to play sims 4 without an internet connection...It's my go to game when the power is out or when i take my computer with me away from my house. I haven't done it recently but i have done it with sims 4
  • Options
    LadyBoss85LadyBoss85 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sorry, old topic, but I agree !! I need a DVD , not a code... I have recently bought "Work, City living, and Get together", and they were all with DVD. Now im searching for "Pets" , and "Seasons" DO any of you maybe have an idea of where to buy these with disc ? Thank you very much, greetz from the Netherlands and game-on :)
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    This irks me so much. I like to collect games. Not just an empty case. All of my games up until City Living had discs. I was super bummed out that Cats & Dogs didn't have a disc even thought it clearly said so on the case. CD-ROM Included it said. Lies! :angry:

Seriously, EA. You should just stop selling physical copies and just keep to Origin. If there's no disc then there's no point in wasting plastic, right?
  • Options
    mate54mate54 Posts: 17 Member
    I recently bought Seasons and I got a disc version, so it's safe to say disc versions still exist. Though it's obviously very difficult to obtain one.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Like others hinted, you might look into whether the code is for Origin.
  • Options
    The code worked on Origin and I was able to install Seasons from the disc without any issues.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I do have a couple of discs but I think they're just discs with a code on them? I think it's GTW, where I put the disc in and it went into Origin and downloaded the content. I have two like that and others that are codes in a box. So whether it be a piece of paper or a disc with a code, they all lead to downloading it nowadays.
  • Options
    During installation it went to Origin and it said "copying" so Origin probably copied and installed everything from the disc. It didn't download anything because it was all done in a couple of minutes, while the actual download would've taken at least two hours, based on my Internet speed.
  • Options
    Cats and Dogs just had a code in the case, but seasons where I get my sims 4 stuff retail just a carboard thing you take to the register and the origin code is on your receipt.