Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: Interesting Predicament

Ok, so, I have this family with a human dad and a vampire teen. Mom died during childbirth (background). Now, he's her father, but he asked to be turned. Suddenly, the dad has the option to "Adopt as Care Dependent", and she has the option of "Adopt as Caregiver". The thing is, she is his child, but he is now also her creation. Is the game confused? Should I accept these options? I mean, it still makes sense that the dad adopt the child as a dependent, but she kind of already is...

confuzled...
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It must be a bug. Parents are automatically caragivers. Only sims that are not the child's parent should be able to do that.
    But do that I guess. Otherwise the father won't have access to parenting interactions.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    But he does. The family tree still has him listed as dad too. It’s really odd.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    But he does. The family tree still has him listed as dad too. It’s really odd.

Your game seriously must be confused...
    Ok then. You may ignore it.
    According to you, the son turned his dad into vampire. This makes the son dad's master while dad is son's offspring (because he was turned). Usually, these relationship should bring some new interaction and make them easier to command if the master completes Vampire Family aspiration.
    By the way, have you tried repairing the game by right-clicking on it in Origin? If you have, you should report the bug in EA Help. The bug may be caused by parent-child and offspring-master relationships together...
  • Options
    I have, twice to be sure. I may just report it.

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    What are they listed as in CAS? I had this happen once, although it was with an adopted child who didn't recognize my male sim as her dad, only my female sim as her mom. I just went into CAS and saw that it didn't list her as his daughter, even though I believe the family tree did. That might be something to double check.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    What are they listed as in CAS? I had this happen once, although it was with an adopted child who didn't recognize my male sim as her dad, only my female sim as her mom. I just went into CAS and saw that it didn't list her as his daughter, even though I believe the family tree did. That might be something to double check.

The problem only persisted until he fully turned. I believe that when she turned him, it temporarily got confused. CAS has always listed them with the correct relationship. The options to declare are now gone.