Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play in full screen or windowed mode?

Comments

• Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Windowed (includes windowed full screen)
    I'm surprised no one mentioned windowed full screen! It has the same resolution as full screen but it's easier to alt tab, like in windowed mode. It's the best of both in one mode! :p
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Both...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    As for those who are saying they play in full screen because they have a big monitor, I wonder if you actually know what TS4 windowed mode looks like.

Here's a screenshot from my game with windowed mode (spoiler because it's slightly off-topic):
    Screenshot_205.png

As you can see in the picture, there's literally no difference between full screen and windowed (and no, it's not windowed full-screen, just windowed). The only difference is that you can see the task menu and the borders of the screen, but it really doesn't really look that much smaller than full screen.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    steph_simselfsteph_simself Posts: 1 New Member
    <3 <3 :) I started the game in full screen but then switched to windowed as its easier to be on tumblr :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    Full Screen
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    As for those who are saying they play in full screen because they have a big monitor, I wonder if you actually know what TS4 windowed mode looks like.

Here's a screenshot from my game with windowed mode (spoiler because it's slightly off-topic):
    Screenshot_205.png

As you can see in the picture, there's literally no difference between full screen and windowed (and no, it's not windowed full-screen, just windowed). The only difference is that you can see the task menu and the borders of the screen, but it really doesn't really look that much smaller than full screen.

Oh, I knew what Windowed Full Screen look like but as it does not make a difference I always chose Full screen being I do not multitask when playing and yes, it is nice for those who do multitask but you have to keep an eye on resources for multitasking can be like an vampire and eat up resources if you have an system that does not have an lot of system ram and I do not trust MS these days to keep everything running smoothly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Full Screen
    Full screen. I can see what I'm doing better.
    image.png
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited August 2018
    I play in windowed full screen. I find that my already-poor graphics decrease in quality when I play in windowed, so I use the start button on my pc to multitask if I feel like doing so.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Full Screen
    I used to play in window mode cause I had other stuff I had to do, but now when I play, I am completely free and can enjoy it
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2018
    Full Screen
    I play in Full Screen so I can use my mouse to edge scroll. I don't think you can do that in Windowed. I used to play in Windowed Full Screen in TS2 because I could edge scroll in that mode in that iteration, but I don't think you can edge scroll using a mouse in Windowed Full Screen in TS4.

Plus, I play offline and focus solely on the game when I'm playing. Also, Windowed mode is purported to be better for someone with lower graphics, but I've found that's not true for me. My game plays MUCH worse in Windowed over Full Screen.

I've never understood why Windowed is supposed to be better than Full Screen because, think about it. When you're in Full Screen the only thing that loads on your screen is the game. But when you're in Windowed mode and online, your computer has to load the game graphics, plus your desktop and all your internet settings if you're surfing the net while playing. It takes way more RAM and other resources away from your game when you play in Windowed mode.

Lastly, my monitor is my 60" Vizio flatscreen and I love having the entire screen filled with my game while I play. It's amazing! :)

Just my opinions. I know a lot of Simmers like to do other stuff while playing and that's cool, you do you. Whatever makes the experience fun for you is all good in my book. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Windowed. I hate the little delay that happens when I tab out to do something when games are in full screen.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I play windowed (my graphics are great thanks for asking). I played previous sim games fullscreen as well as other games I currently play. I just tried windowed for no reason and it became a habit. I like to surf on the forums and check quides occasionally... Also I think that I want to see what time it is without checking my phone. If I switched fullscreen, that's probably what I would miss the most.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Full Screen
    Full screen because it looks better and also a lack of lag.
  • Options
    chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    I usually play in full screen, but for some reason it changed itself to be windowed lately, and I'm too lazy to change it back. Too bad one of my many ways to pause the game is to tab out of it, so one day I went to grab some food and when I came back, hell broke loose because the game didn't pause.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    I play in windowed full screen. It just makes it easier, in case I need pause my game to open other windows.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I play in windowed fullscreen, that way I can still do whatever I need to do on my second monitor (watch videos, chat with friends, etc).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have two screens. I use one for Sims 4 in Windowed full screen and the other has my OneNote game notes open. Keeping it in full screen windowed mode means I get a nice big game screen but can also mouse across to my notes without having to minimise the game.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I actually play full screen, and I am surprised so many play windowd :open_mouth: Maybe when I add my second screen it would make more sense tho, but I am playing with a laptop next to my normal pc, so everything else I want to do, I do on there.

I used to play full screen, but when I'm checking something in game so I can post information on the forums windowed mode became a lot more convenient. I can easily switch between the game and my browser, or my desktop if my husband wants me to do a temperature check (if he's deciding whether to keep his shirt tucked out if it's too hot, for example).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    galronwon3galronwon3 Posts: 18 Member
    I play in full screen mode.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Full Screen
    Gotta have the full screen! It's the only way to play
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    I use windowed mode because I generally have a lot of things going on and am constantly connected to Telegram.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Full Screen
    I tried windowed mode but I don't like it so I have to do fullscreen mode. If I want to look up something on the forums or another website I press the Windows key or I use my iPad. I also use my iPad for listening to music while I'm playing.
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member

Even with a second monitor, I prefer windowed mode (if i can) with all games i play.
    Sometimes with full screen & even a second monitor you still have to alt+tab out & i dont want to alt+tab just to zoom over to the other monitor.
    I'm not a fan of alt+tab at all
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Full Screen
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Lastly, my monitor is my 60" Vizio flatscreen and I love having the entire screen filled with my game while I play. It's amazing! :)

:o:o:o

My god, how far back from that thing do you have to sit?
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Windowed Full Screen because I have a dual monitor set up and can enjoy the game fullscreen on one monitor while also being able to quickly move the mouse onto the other monitor so I can look things up.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Full Screen
    So_Money wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »

:o:o:o

My god, how far back from that thing do you have to sit?

Not too far really, about 8-10 ft., nice and comfy on my living room couch. :)