Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims relationship question.

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
I have a family with one adult and one kid. The kid is currently set to “child of” because the game wouldn’t let me choose anything else. But the adult is a god father in my story. Is there a way to do this? Besides cas.fulleditmode, I mean, since it won’t let me separate them. If not, they should add godparents as a viable relationship.

I don’t care what they call it, legal guardian, non-biological parent, etc.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Not that I know of.

Also, godparents are not the same thing as legal guardians. Godparents are a religious thing.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Yeah. The thing is, the child shouldn’t have the adults dna.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    For the child sim to not have the adult's DNA, add using the sim icon not the genetics one. It will have a little message saying that there's no parent relationship for the child but you can still go into the game.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited August 2018
    Once you get the non-related pair in game, assuming you have parenthood, you can have your adult sim "adopt as dependent" (or the child sim "adopt as caregiver" to the adult). It doesn't make them related like adopting over the phone or computer, but it opens up the parenting type interactions and responses between the adult and child.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    The only way you could do this is if you created them all in the same household, either killed the bio parents or moved them out and kept the "godparent" and the child together in one household.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    Oh well. It’s too late then. The child is now half way through teen stage at long lifespan. Thanks anyway. I may try some of the suggestions another time.

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, next time you want to do so create a child with biological parents first, have them meet unfortunate demise and move the child to their godparents. Then they can take care of the child by becoming their caregiver.
    It also turns out that if child doesn't live with biological parents, once they become young adults, they form special parent-child relationship with caregivers and special sibling relationship with caregivers' children.

Edit. Unfortunate demise is not needed. Only moving children to other household with Mange Households is required.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    I have a family with one adult and one kid. The kid is currently set to “child of” because the game wouldn’t let me choose anything else. But the adult is a god father in my story. Is there a way to do this? Besides cas.fulleditmode, I mean, since it won’t let me separate them. If not, they should add godparents as a viable relationship.

I don’t care what they call it, legal guardian, non-biological parent, etc.

I don't like that about relationships either. I would like the option of godparents along with other relationship options as well in CAS.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]