Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Female Sim's hair disappeared...

Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
I loaded a family I'd played with several times. Only thing... I noticed that part of the mom's hairstyle was missing. I didn't notice it immediately I loaded the lot. It was a long hairstyle, that has the sort of half-ponytail? Natasha Una's hairstyle.

I went to the mirror with the Sim, and it was there, so I went back to the game and the hair had reappeared. The bit that had been missing was the bit that goes down the back, save for a little bit right at the bottom which was visible. I didn't get a screenshot. The top of the head was there and covered, then most of it had gone save for this little remaining bit.

I do have a fair bit of CC... could be a CC glitch I guess. It wouldn't be a huge pain in the backside if I had to get rid of it.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Were you doing any projects for custom content or recolors? It could be something you messed up and or your last download for hair if this just started. Sometimes custom skins can also cause a lot of weird stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    It could be either a CC glitch, or the game just had a hard time rendering the entire hair at that time. That can happen especially if the hair is high poly count. I am guessing because it messed up while you were reloading a lot, and it fixed with the mirror, your game just skipped some of the rendering while it was loading. Not anything to worry about, and it may/may not happen again. I say keep using it to see if it happens again, if it does the choice is yours to ditch it or not.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    Thanks for the advice. I guessed it wasn't anything too serious, it was just a bit weird to see.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    When I have something weird happen, I go into Bodyshop and click make project (hair) and sort through all the hair in game, usually looking for a borked Maxis hairstyle caused by a borked downloaded conversion etc. It's usually way back somewhere after clicking on all the hair in game. Players wouldn't be aware some reg. Maxis hairstyle got borked by a download that sometimes has nothing to do with the download. I've found a few problems like that and wouldn't even know it, unless I click on all hairstyles and then see the Maxis one is messed up until I find the bad cc. Some stuff isn't made correctly like when Sims take showers there is an old glitch where their body disappears due to bad cc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.