Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What stuff pack concepts of The Sims 2 would you like to inspire a Sims 4 SP?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
I constantly see simmers referring to new expansions as inspiration or remakes of expansions from previous installments, but I've never seen anyone discussing the same thing about stuff packs. So, i was wondering, which stuff packs from Sims 2 you would like to inspire (or be remade) in Sims 4, and why?
If you didnt got the chance to play Sims 2, you can check their descriptions here: The Sims 2 Stuff Packs
(I will do another one for Sims 3 SP too).
Post edited by Karon on

What stuff pack concepts of The Sims 2 would you like to inspire a Sims 4 SP? 74 votes

Happy Holiday! Pack
1%
SERVERFRA 1 vote
Family Fun Stuff
10%
rudy8292orkhid22sunspriterTrashmagicSheriSim57Sally1502Evie0602Shannon0206 8 votes
Glamour Life Stuff
1%
Eliharb 1 vote
Happy Holiday Stuff
0%
Celebration! Stuff
8%
Kita5399typicalgeminiDarcVader1elelunicymariajane216TheWomanMonster 6 votes
H&M Fashion Stuff
9%
VibseJprp83Sigzy05ChadSims2DominicLaurenceBrindletonDanniiaEsthefaniie 7 votes
Teen Style Stuff
28%
Erja888alexspoom13IrdiwenrobyngravesloubyloulouSjofnLizzychicagothe_greenplumbobdopaminedroidLatinaBunnynayruslove7VentusMattNeiaYBNS2468LiELFTomatplanteStephy1231mishuxxsEvilyn_1007notmothergothel 21 votes
Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
6%
drake_mccartycatloverplayerNordicPhoenix22xharun789MekoShark 5 votes
IKEA Home Stuff
16%
CK213aprilroseMikeytsimgirl1010RamblineRoserambahadoerTaraIris94calipossrinre33NindlReallysoawkward23munroele 12 votes
Mansion & Garden Stuff
17%
auroraael14icmnfrshalan650111AnmirlaBoredinTXpixiejuiceClassicalSimdomina89FreezerBunnyCowplantthatsnotswegGamingTweetyKaronUncagedSongbird 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    I choose Mansions & Gardens, cuz i love architecture and would love to see stuff packs more focused in that. Maybe a Mediterranean Architecture Stuff Pack, or a Japanese Architecture Stuff Pack, Bauhaus Stuff Pack... Would be cool!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    Kitchens and Baths. Both are lacking in stuff right now. We already have a lot of holiday items in Seasons and for various holidays. What is left could be handeled by the free holiday updates each year.

This may get moved to the Stuffpack Section.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    Kitchens and Baths. Both are lacking in stuff right now. We already have a lot of holiday items in Seasons and for various holidays. What is left could be handeled by the free holiday updates each year.

This may get moved to the Stuffpack Section.

Oh, I had not thought of that. But I still think it fits in the "Speculation" part of the thing... XD

And, yeah... Too much holiday stuff already. I would love if they released one SP for each part of the house!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    Definitely need a Builder's Stuff Pack like Mansion & Gardens
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    M&G had some interesting items like ceiling fans and green energy producers like windmills and solar panels.

And I'm sure the builders can come up with interesting houses with all the accents introduced in that pack.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    IKEA Home Stuff
    i want ikea but i also really like teen stuff kitchen and bath and mansion adn garden overall i think the sims 2 stuff packs were really good
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Family Fun Stuff
    I like several of the packs, but I would like to see family stuff. board games, laptops, volleyball, picnics, pool volleyball, pool slides, new toys, maybe toy making even. I would also see stuff for teens and children, sleep overs, skateboards, bikes etc. and I also would like to see ikea.
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    Celebration! Stuff
    I picked celebration because they need more stuff or parties, especially weddings.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Teen Style Stuff
    I'd like to see a new twist on teen stuff but with more of a rebel vibe. I'd like retro punk hair styles, partially shaved cuts and messy hair. I'd like piercings and combat boots. I'd like rumpled clothing and oversized styles and gothy designs. I'd also like more musical instruments like electronic drums and bass for a garage band and a way to sync them up. I don't know if that's too much for a Stuff Pack, but I'd like it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    H&M Fashion Stuff
    Easily H&M as Seasons gave us the holiday pack and more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'd like to see a new twist on teen stuff but with more of a rebel vibe. I'd like retro punk hair styles, partially shaved cuts and messy hair. I'd like piercings and combat boots. I'd like rumpled clothing and oversized styles and gothy designs. I'd also like more musical instruments like electronic drums and bass for a garage band and a way to sync them up. I don't know if that's too much for a Stuff Pack, but I'd like it.

I want tô be able to make Lilith in its full rebel teenagers glory stuff pack
    Hahaha
    Jokes aside, i really want more style variety for our Sims. I am bored with all the high fashion/boho chic

Edit: i AM also bored of the male soccer player Hairstyle
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2018
    H&M Fashion Stuff
    For cas: something like H&M
    For b/b: mansions & gardens style, especially the bold combinations of colors (lime green and dark purple is such an unconventional, but interesting pallet for a house)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    K&B is my favorite SP for Sims 2. I think in general kitchens have a lot of potential for different styles. Same for bathrooms. Cool Kitchen was disappointing, I would buy another kitchen SP if they added like 2 kitchen styles.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I love to have the H&M pack, and really liked that we had to shop for the clothes you wanted it made it so more real life like.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Teen Style Stuff
    I have the downloadable Sims 2 Edition that has all of the Packs, and it seems I really liked and made use of the Teen Stuff Pack the most. I really loved the two contrasting different teen styles, and I would love to see some more punk-like clothing for teens (especially the teen males) in Sims 4.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    Tan80 wrote: »
    I love to have the H&M pack, and really liked that we had to shop for the clothes you wanted it made it so more real life like.

Yes, would be sweet if some of the clothes were locked so we could only get them if we went shopping. Maybe they could even add some recolors of previous clothes too for us to buy. I think they added they catwalk/modeling thing with H&M too.
    I have the downloadable Sims 2 Edition that has all of the Packs, and it seems I really liked and made use of the Teen Stuff Pack the most. I really loved the two contrasting different teen styles, and I would love to see some more punk-like clothing for teens (especially the teen males) in Sims 4.

Those style thigns are really cool. Yesterday i was looking a list of different clothing options, from goth to boho chic, to vintage to punk rock... Would be cool to have more specific stuff for those styles.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2018
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    I would be happy with a lot of these packs, but voted for Mansion & Garden stuff. I've got some giant houses and gardens that really need to be fleshed out, but I've been pretty uninspired with the options I have right now.

H&M and Ikea pack were strong contenders though. I'd like to see the Sims collaborate more with popular designers and brands, because while I love a lot of the item designs in the game, many of them aren't very fashionable or on trend. I'm interested to see what the people at Ikea would put in our game as far as modern furniture and decor goes, because I don't really like a lot of the attempts that have made it into the game so far.

Teen Style stuff could be cool too. Anything they add to make them seem less like mini-adults would make me happy.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Teen Style Stuff
    As I have said in other threads already I'd like to have Teen Style back as I'd give our teenage Sims something that you can distinguish them from other Sims (i.e. YA and A). And EAxis don't have to stop at clothing, hair and makeup. Maybe introduce a special group feature (similar to TS3 University: nerds, renegades, jocks) but for teens only. When they reach the top of that group before becoming YA they can get a special trait or a boost for their career.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    Erja888 wrote: »
    As I have said in other threads already I'd like to have Teen Style back as I'd give our teenage Sims something that you can distinguish them from other Sims (i.e. YA and A). And EAxis don't have to stop at clothing, hair and makeup. Maybe introduce a special group feature (similar to TS3 University: nerds, renegades, jocks) but for teens only. When they reach the top of that group before becoming YA they can get a special trait or a boost for their career.

Wow, thats a really cool Idea. I hope that a least a SimGuru saw this!
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited July 2018
    Glamour Life Stuff
    I chose glamour life stuff cause the style in that SP was so so good IMO. It was a really polished SP design-wise. My second choice would be Kitchen and Bath cause I'm dying for some new beautiful bathrooms. Like some new modern bathtub designs/functionality.
    minimalist-bathroom-ideas-maison-valentina.jpg

Post edited by Eliharb on
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I chose glamour life stuff cause the style in that SP was so so good IMO. It was a really polished SP design-wise. My second choice would be Kitchen and Bath cause I'm dying for some new beautiful bathrooms. Like some new modern bathtub designs/functionality. luxury-modern-bathroom-8.jpgminimalist-bathroom-ideas-maison-valentina.jpg

wow, those bathtubs are gorgeous!
  • Options
    Mansion & Garden Stuff
    up