Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons decorations disappointment

Ok so I'm a little bit disappointed with the seasons decorations. I mean they are great but there's one feature I loved in sims 3 and I wanted back to sims 4 and I'm sad I didn't had that feature back

What I'm talking about is the fact that the decorations in house don't chance automatically with seasons. I mean I decorated my house with pumpkins and etc for fall season and now its winter and I have to delete everything and put winter decorations. It would be great if instead of delete them if I could hide them and then when its fall again they will appear automatically. Like that I don't have to spend my live decorating and deleting and decorating and deleting stuff.

I thought this feature from sims 3 will come in sims 4 but I it didn't. I liked to see my house changing decorations automatically with the seasons and it would be less work for me ofc because I would only had to decorate one time for each season and not all the time.

So yeah this is what I'm disappointed and I hope I would see this feature in the future. Also we don't have seasons festivals like in sims 3? :( I'm sad about that too.

I only started to play recently so I'm still figure everything out but I totally need more icons for the holidays in calendar. I'm also hoping to have a patch with beach related stuff or even a game expansion idk with some exotic place to go on summer and have a tan in the beach etc.

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    > @NADYSOPHIE said:
    > Ok so I'm a little bit disappointed with the seasons decorations. I mean they are great but there's one feature I loved in sims 3 and I wanted back to sims 4 and I'm sad I didn't had that feature back
    >
    > What I'm talking about is the fact that the decorations in house don't chance automatically with seasons. I mean I decorated my house with pumpkins and etc for fall season and now its winter and I have to delete everything and put winter decorations. It would be great if instead of delete them if I could hide them and then when its fall again they will appear automatically. Like that I don't have to spend my live decorating and deleting and decorating and deleting stuff.
    >
    > I thought this feature from sims 3 will come in sims 4 but I it didn't. I liked to see my house changing decorations automatically with the seasons and it would be less work for me ofc because I would only had to decorate one time for each season and not all the time.
    >
    > So yeah this is what I'm disappointed and I hope I would see this feature in the future. Also we don't have seasons festivals like in sims 3? :( I'm sad about that too.
    >
    > I only started to play recently so I'm still figure everything out but I totally need more icons for the holidays in calendar. I'm also hoping to have a patch with beach related stuff or even a game expansion idk with some exotic place to go on summer and have a tan in the beach etc.

I couldn't agree more...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I don't remember this being a thing in the sims 3. I still play it and still have to decorate my sims houses(inside and out) every holiday by hand. The decorations don't stay unless you keep them there. The only thing you can decorate and have it still be the same the following year are the lights on the house. Even then they don't change automatically with the seasons. You still have to change them if you want different ones.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I’m also disappointed in the decorating. Also, I can’t set my exterior decorations until the day before the holiday? I want to decorate for the upcoming holiday a week prior at the latest.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    Ok so I'm a little bit disappointed with the seasons decorations. I mean they are great but there's one feature I loved in sims 3 and I wanted back to sims 4 and I'm sad I didn't had that feature back

What I'm talking about is the fact that the decorations in house don't chance automatically with seasons. I mean I decorated my house with pumpkins and etc for fall season and now its winter and I have to delete everything and put winter decorations. It would be great if instead of delete them if I could hide them and then when its fall again they will appear automatically. Like that I don't have to spend my live decorating and deleting and decorating and deleting stuff.

I thought this feature from sims 3 will come in sims 4 but I it didn't. I liked to see my house changing decorations automatically with the seasons and it would be less work for me ofc because I would only had to decorate one time for each season and not all the time.

So yeah this is what I'm disappointed and I hope I would see this feature in the future. Also we don't have seasons festivals like in sims 3? :( I'm sad about that too.

I only started to play recently so I'm still figure everything out but I totally need more icons for the holidays in calendar. I'm also hoping to have a patch with beach related stuff or even a game expansion idk with some exotic place to go on summer and have a tan in the beach etc.

you want to know what I do?

1. copy two version of the room you want to decorate.
    2. fill one with halloween stuff
    3. the other with Christmas
    4. or more if needed
    5. making sure you have an original saved of the room to

that way you can go from one to the other :)

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I don't remember this being a thing in the sims 3. I still play it and still have to decorate my sims houses(inside and out) every holiday by hand. The decorations don't stay unless you keep them there. The only thing you can decorate and have it still be the same the following year are the lights on the house. Even then they don't change automatically with the seasons. You still have to change them if you want different ones.

I bet they use seasonal lot marker in sims 3 to do that. You can read about it here carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=13093.0
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I guess I'm just lazy so I put up decorations for all holidays at once so I won't have to keep deleting lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    budewarmin wrote: »

I bet they use seasonal lot marker in sims 3 to do that. You can read about it here carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=13093.0

I've had the sims 3 seasons from the day it was released and never knew this was a thing. This is going to save me so much time when building for holidays. Thank you. :)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member

Yes, Seasonal lot marker. I was disapointed that is not in TS4.... It was great. NOW I must have four versions lot and change it every season. It is stupid. IT was great in TS3...
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Yes, Seasonal lot marker. I was disapointed that is not in TS4.... It was great. NOW I must have four versions lot and change it every season. It is stupid. IT was great in TS3...

Indeed it was and still is. :)

Seasonal lot markers were the type of game-changing innovation that I expect from every version of a Sims game. It changed my game in so many ways. The holiday box of decorations is nice, but it doesn't go nearly as far as I had hoped. It's power and flexibility are limited. Likewise with the calendar system (and many of the systems in TS4). It's...nice, but it's nowhere as powerful or flexible as was expected -- I can't even choose my Sims' birthdays?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I guess I'm just lazy so I put up decorations for all holidays at once so I won't have to keep deleting lol

just save your original room and save a Xmas decorated version. use the Xmas one when needed then switch back to your original one.

as long as we at least decorate a room once, it can always be saved with our other content, with a original saved two.

its nice to be able to remove and add it when needed on my current home.

• Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

just save your original room and save a Xmas decorated version. use the Xmas one when needed then switch back to your original one.

as long as we at least decorate a room once, it can always be saved with our other content, with a original saved two.

okay but, I redecorate my home all the time or add different clutter to it. Having to keep up with 4 different rooms for each room of the house and keep them all updated (for all your households) is too much work.

I want seasonal markers!

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    okay but, I redecorate my home all the time or add different clutter to it. Having to keep up with 4 different rooms for each room of the house and keep them all updated (for all your households) is too much work.

I want seasonal markers!

This.^^^

My Sims homes change all the time, depending on what's happening in the story. With Seasonal markers, it was simple to update the "common" items instead of filling up the Tray with endless variations of rooms. (Which will only slow down the game more, btw.)

I doubt that we'll ever see anything like Seasonal markers again, though. TS4 dropped a lot of the really useful features from previous games -- elevators, apartment buildings, unique life stages, romance, personalities...
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

okay but, I redecorate my home all the time or add different clutter to it. Having to keep up with 4 different rooms for each room of the house and keep them all updated (for all your? households) is too much work.

I want seasonal markers!

fair enough.
    yes if you constantly change the rooms multiple times, but,
    whats the harm then? you seems to enjoy doing it :#

you could still make saves for Halloween/Christmas with your current updated rooms.

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If seasons are set to last 28 days each, it's probably less of a hassle than if they only last a week or two. But I have noticed that it bothers me too, to keep having to change decor from build mode. Someone could make a thread in the ideas section with possible solutions and suggestions for how to solve this issue :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Sims 3 had the Seasonal Lot Marker (you had to look for it in Debug Mode) where you could set decorations and such for each season. It was mainly used for setting up seasonal lots, like for the festivals but it could be used on home lots as well. Decorating can be tedious but in general I enjoy it. You could even have your Sims be one of those people who leave up their Christmas Winterfest decor well into the spring:

https://youtu.be/ov8qcuE6T8w
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited August 2018
    Wow, I played Sims 3 most of the time and never knew, oh well, learn something new everyday. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Personally, I feel more immersed in the game when I have to add the decorations each time. That being said, my seasons are at 28 days so it gives me a lot of time.

I feel like if everything were automatic I'd feel less excited about having my sims put up decorations and I love going into build mode and making my home all festive, like I would in real life.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png