Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For people with 1000+ hours on TS4 -- What keeps you playing?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    New packs. And stuff from "old" packs I still haven't explored. Mods, absolutely. And of course my sims, that I get attatched to. Not so much their stories, as I don't make actual stories. They just live their lives, and hopefully, some times do things I want them to do (useful stuff!). I love the fact I can give my little people everything they ( read: I ) want: a great house filled with stuff, fulfilling jobs and good friends and a loving family.

I've been hooked on The Sims for 18 years, more than half my life. Its a bit scary to think about, but I do hope it will last at least 18 more.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I know what keeps me interested in the Sims, but I'd like to hear from other people who have put in a lot of time.

Not spilling anything before you do, OP ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I have put in more than 4000 hrs and the reasons why I do that resounds throughout all the responses so far. I have been simming since 2000 and it doesn't seem like it is slowing down any time soon. I love this game more than any other so it's the only one I play...for all the reasons stated in the past 2 pages. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Pixelate_My_World0Pixelate_My_World0 Posts: 16 Member
    I agree with all of these comments! I've been playing since I was super young its crazy. Most of my time is definitely spent in CAS and taking photos. I love creating new sims and capturing their lives!
  • Options
    theoctanepumpkintheoctanepumpkin Posts: 6 New Member
    :D :D It's simple. 1. I'm too broke in real life to have luxuries like this. The unlimited abilities to create with cheats makes the time go by and helps me consume all my selfish desires without really hurting myself or anyone in real life. (except when I get too obsessed with how long I am on the computer for the day.) 2. It's all about the fun of seeing what others have and wanting what they have or wanting to have something better than they do have. 3. In real life I can't do that and do volunteer to shelters and have tithed money to charity but it is a game. Why not indulge in fantasy and any humanistic cravings we as humans have. 4. I waited a while to make friends and now that I have I can only say I suck compared to their wonderful creations but I still am trying to compete on some level for the favor I crave. That is pure honesty and no one here I guarantee with be that honest about why they do play that much.
  • Options
    theoctanepumpkintheoctanepumpkin Posts: 6 New Member
    btw I put over 3000 hours of play in if you include the sims and all the way up to now
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I know what keeps me interested in the Sims, but I'd like to hear from other people who have put in a lot of time.

Not spilling anything before you do, OP ;)

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that playing the Sims makes me part of a wonderful community -- two communities, actually, this and the group over on Carl's Guide and Forum. When I played TS and TS2, I didn't communicate with anyone, but from TS3 on, I've enjoyed getting to know other simmers.

Someone in real life asked me what I'd say to get someone interested in the Sims (I suppose that could be another question for discussion), but I don't know. From the moment I did the Newbie tutorial, I was hooked. Little people who would do what I told them? Except when they wouldn't? What keeps me coming back is the fact that I'm totally in control of their world and I never know what will happen next.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    What keeps me playing is rotating (something I rarely did in previous games,) and constantly changing stories. Each household is sooooo different that it feels new each time I play them. I've seen some simmers say how the game gets boring for them because they keep making the same type of families. I have single sims, huge families, rich, poor, snobby, giving, homeless, addicts, politicians, small and large business owners, daycares, gangs, animal lovers, faithful sims, cheating sims, and a secret woohoo club... The list goes on. Never a dull moment.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have thousands of hours of gameplay as well. Although I have played for years, there are still things I haven't tried/found/noticed yet. But the number one reason I stick with the game is that I have become attached to my Sims and start to miss them at some point if I haven't played for a while - as if they were actual people in my life. When I load up the game again it's like coming home and catching up, and it's time to make new plans :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Origin says I have 10200 hours in game. For me sims is my creative outlet, I love building houses, making sims, and creating stories with the little simulated people. Will I make their dreams come true, or will I make their lives miserable. Will they get married and raise a family, end up as a single parent, or live as a long time bachelor/bachelorette? I do all kinds of stories with my sims.