Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Freezes but Animations Continue

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Will I have to pull the Sims 3 folder from documents back to desktop before installing new memory or will my options be reset so that I will have to restart from scratch?
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @pagounis installing ram should have nothing to do with the game or save file. It should not effect the game at all. If you feel safer you can pull the sims 3 file in docs and just put it back when your done installing the ram if you like.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 Do you mean the whole Sims 3 folder (from My Documents) or any specific save file from that folder that I refer to?
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    The whole sims 3 file in documents. pull it to desktop and put it back when your done
  • Options
    Will The Sims 3 run properly after a PC backup or do I get an error message (at game startup)?
  • Options
    I have no idea. Pull your sims 3 file to desktop or copy it on a flash drive just in case for safe keeping. I keep my saves on a second hard drive for safe keeping
  • Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2016
    I backup my PC every week and it does not effect the Sims 3 at all. A backup just creates an image of your system. It does not change files.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    But do I need to pull the whole Electronic Arts folder to the desktop or a USB drive or just The Sims 3 folder in order for me to install more memory or do a PC backup?
  • Options
    pagounis wrote: »
    But do I need to pull the whole Electronic Arts folder to the desktop or a USB drive or just The Sims 3 folder in order for me to install more memory or do a PC backup?
    I have no idea. Pull your sims 3 file to desktop or copy it on a flash drive just in case for safe keeping. I keep my saves on a second hard drive for safe keeping

• Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    game usually freezes with plum animations still continuing is usually due to routing, stuck sims, lack of processing power/memory etc.

install nraas overwatch or type resetsim * in ctrl+shift+c

2gb ram isn't nearly enough to run the game smoothly though. grab a pair of 8gb fury's from amazon they're dirt cheap at the moment.

i have 16gb and even i stutter and freeze sometimes when population & savefile gets big ;D

ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    @McTosh I am always experiencing this issue (not always but very often) after I installed both Overwatch and ErrorTrap. The "resetsim" cheat (with or without asterisk) doesn't work in my computer. But when the game freezes and stutters like crazy it's driving me insane for no reason! But in the end I try forcing quit the application via Task Manager and after that it runs fine with a little bit of lag.
  • Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    My game is doing the same thing!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    RainaElf wrote: »
    My game is doing the same thing!

I am afraid that is to be expected. As we've seen in another thread, your laptop is not meant for gaming but it is strong enough, barely, to keep the base game and the EPs going that you happen to have already in play.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CirceGrangerCirceGranger Posts: 38 Member
    Maybe it the mods. I know for both of my computers if I didn't download those mods it ran better. Try to limit your mods. Deleting your old family and starting a new one? Chose a certain amount of number of mods. For me that's 5. Maybe for you its 10.
  • Options
    CirceGrangerCirceGranger Posts: 38 Member
    kbell102 wrote: »
    I'm having the same exact problem. I just bought a new $3000 computer for Christmas to play TS3 and I just installed most of the EPs I have just this week and I've only been playing for 3 days and this happens. I'm glad to know it's not just me but I would really like this to be fixed immediately seeing as I just bought this gaming computer specifically to play these and I can't. I'm extremely upset and don't know what to do. It freezes but sounds still work, trees keep moving, water keeps moving, like if you're at a pond/beach (I'm at Isla Paradiso), but the sims freeze and you can't click anything.

You know that even the BEST computers in the world get lag with TS3. Maybe you have too much cc installed or mods.
  • Options
    @CirceGranger - The issues most of those on this now well over a year old thread were facing were due to attempting to play on insufficient hardware or that which was not capable of carrying all of the EPs they were loading onto it. One was attempting to play in an unfixed instance of the Isla Paradiso world which is totally flawed and, for the vast majority of players, will not work well unless it's fixed up first.

There is no hard limit to the number of mods the game can carry. I have a midrange computer at best, by 4.5 year old standards even, and am carrying around 1,050 package files. About 250 of them are mods and scripted objects, the rest are just CC. My startup may be a couple of minutes longer than it would be without them, but other than that it's all fine. A limit of 5 or 10 seems awfully extreme.

It also depends on the mods. A simple tuning mod that allows, let's say children to stay up later at slumber parties or disallows some forms of autonomous behavior is read once on startup and that's it, the settings are applied. A very complicated script mod such as NRaas StoryProgression is going to require more overhead. Many mods, of course, are in between two extremes like that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    PrimeElderDraxisPrimeElderDraxis Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, this thread is quite old, and i don't know if this is still works, but i am having the same problem as the people here. I have a Heavy gaming pc that can run games like fallout 4, GTA5, and Cod ww2 at full graphics. However this older game keeps freezing for 12-30 minutes, unfreezes for around 5 minutes and freezes again (animations like the green marker above sims still work). I only have the late night expansion pack with high end loft stuff. No mods or cheats are currently enabled. Any Ideas?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hey, this thread is quite old, and i don't know if this is still works, but i am having the same problem as the people here. I have a Heavy gaming pc that can run games like fallout 4, GTA5, and Cod ww2 at full graphics. However this older game keeps freezing for 12-30 minutes, unfreezes for around 5 minutes and freezes again (animations like the green marker above sims still work). I only have the late night expansion pack with high end loft stuff. No mods or cheats are currently enabled. Any Ideas?
    You are not experiencing the same things that those on this thread were, at least not for the same reasons. One of them was working with a laptop that had 2 GB of RAM total (and wasted our time with that one on and off for years, I'm afraid). Others had insufficient processors or weak or no dedicated graphics cards.

Can we please get a dxdiag report on your current system so we can see what you are working with? If you could, send it up to Pastebin.com and provide a broken up link (use "h.t.t.p.s." or something like that) so we can read it.

How to run one: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Also, does it make any difference which world you try to play in (Sunset Valley vs. Bridgeport, for example)?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!