Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What needs to be fixed ASAP

Im not talking about bugs or glitches, cause they need to be fixed anyway and make the game unplayable most of the times. I mean more like features that you find so utterly annoying that makes you want to close the game and never play again or even makes you wanna give up the sims even though you are a loyal player :p Like... let's go that dramatic in this topic.

Also, to make it even. Share something that totally had the sims 4 game win you heart over! So share the most annoying feature that you want to be fixed/improved/deleted out of the game and also a feature that you love the most!

My most annoying feature:

* The game is too soft for me. I am not even one of those players that kills of sims in their basement and such, but I dont like how sims barely react when their friends of family dies. When burglars are still not a thing. How emotions jump from one to another without the actual feeling of them going through something. Its like no any event or emotion ever really matters that much.

Feature i love the most:

* I think its the multitasking for me. That really did it for me to love the sims 4 more than the sims 3. I couldnt live without anymore.

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I agree that multitasking is the one thing that makes going back to sims 3 hard and I find myself appreciating it in sims 4 every time I play.

What desperately needs to be fixed is the constant moving around. There is some core issue that needs to be addressed here as they move around too much when talking, watching tv/movies, during most interactions and when you want a sim to do something, like maybe read a book for example, they get up and do something else. Why can't they program the game to have them autonomously fulfill a need when it's really low instead of having them look insane switching from one thing to the next and back again every minute. And have them stay put when talking to people??? Why can't this be fixed? I cringe when making my sims talk to each other sometimes because of all the chaos it creates with them moving around everywhere. And sims still refuse to stay seated during a movie. They just keep getting up. So, yeah, this issue with moving around needs to be done already!
  • Options
    HoneyBitsHoneyBits Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing Sims 4 for a while now and the MAIN things I want them to improve upon is

Breeding in the cats and dogs Exspansion and adopting pets. Adoption is very limited and they don't let you set a criteria for pets that you're looking to adopt I wouldn't mind it if they gave you more adoptable pets not just 5; and adding a pet to an already existing household is a pain in the butt you have to edit the household from manage worlds which breaks the flow of gameplay.

Breeding is horrible I hate it it's especially awful with cats I don't know about dogs but for cats its VERY frustrating I do everything that I'm supposed to only for it to not work it's not clear whther or not the cats are breeding not to mention why they won't breed i'm just told wait to see if it worked but I KNOW it didn't so why do i have to wait? On top of that this feels even more frustrating since you can't control them it's probably the biggest disappointment the pets don't interact with each other at all like they did in the old pets exspansion which is a let down so I don't know how to improve the relatioship between the cats. There's NO conflicting traits I checked the game just won't let me breed my pets and that's a pretty BIG oversight.

I've looked everywhere and there is no clear answer and even if you do have puppies or kittens I heard that bugs out too so no breeding I guess.

and like OP said emotions just flip flopping back and forth so frequently its obnoxious having those jingles play in your ear every 2 seconds god forbid you have decorations I turn all the auras off . Also SIMS SHOULDN"T MOURN A SIM THEY JUST MET I went to a bar to get my sims fun and social needs up and she met 3 lovely people unfortunately they all happened to DIE OF OLD AGE EACH WEEK so my sim was depressed and sad for like 4 hours of gameplay even though they weren't friends if their relationship was below friends they should'nt mourn its dumb.

I love Get To Work

despite everything with Cats and Dogs this Exspansion was very solid I love the jobs, being able to run a buisness and even the game pack dine out it's super funa dn has kept me playing for hours on end ( one nit picky thing thouhg I really wish you could give workers shifts becuase they'd come i tired and just awful feeling but the only way to send them home is to close kinda obnoxious) Love this exspansion.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2018
    soko37 wrote: »
    I agree that multitasking is the one thing that makes going back to sims 3 hard and I find myself appreciating it in sims 4 every time I play.

What desperately needs to be fixed is the constant moving around. There is some core issue that needs to be addressed here as they move around too much when talking, watching tv/movies, during most interactions and when you want a sim to do something, like maybe read a book for example, they get up and do something else. Why can't they program the game to have them autonomously fulfill a need when it's really low instead of having them look insane switching from one thing to the next and back again every minute. And have them stay put when talking to people??? Why can't this be fixed? I cringe when making my sims talk to each other sometimes because of all the chaos it creates with them moving around everywhere. And sims still refuse to stay seated during a movie. They just keep getting up. So, yeah, this issue with moving around needs to be done already!

I feel you! I start hating to play or let them interact, cause i know it will make me stressed. Breakfast in the morning with 4 kids is hard sometimes. I want them to interacts a bit before going to school, but the switching of the chairs and positions is just dull. They can perfectly talk to each other from across the table.. NO everyone should get up, change seats etc. yes i like it if sims want to sit closer together and if its that one sims that yours has a crush on maybe, but if there are so many sims involved, it makes no sense to change seats for every single interaction with one another.
  • Options
    surfingrocketssurfingrockets Posts: 60 Member
    They really need to tone down how attracted sims are to computers and gaming systems. I don't play much (more of a builder), but when I do it seems like there's at least one sim on a computer at any given time. I've learned to never put those square virtual gaming things in builds. My sims will basically live in that thing.
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I also wish they would tone down the phone calls about passing when they aren't even friends! Could say hello to a Sim, nothing else and they die, sad from losing a friend. They were not friends! I like that Sims know now when a friend or family member passes when not on the lot, but every person you have them meet and not become friends? Overdone. They should (hopefully soon) tweak it where anyone below friends who die does not notify the Sims household being played.
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think, if anything, certain kinds of actions should not be autonomous. The ones that bother me, namely, are any actions that cost money. I have to keep such a close eye on my Sims when there's a bar nearby since they keep trying to buy drinks on their own. Sometimes, since it's random, they'll end up buying one of the most expensive drinks available. That's not good at all when you're short on Simoleons!

It also poses another issue. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take SO long for actions to cancel. Often, when I notice that one of my Sims are getting a drink and cancel the action, they've already bought the drink by the time it finally drops from their queue. Then they start waiting for that drink I told them not to get.

Unplayed Sims buying things autonomously? Sure, that's fine! But not my own Sims.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited June 2018
    This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take SO long for actions to cancel. Often, when I notice that one of my Sims are getting a drink and cancel the action, they've already bought the drink by the time it finally drops from their queue. Then they start waiting for that drink I told them not to get.

I actually started using reset object debug cheat on my sims for this reason. Even if it's not money related, by the time things fully cancel they've gone halfway across the house or something. It's super annoying that the cheat is broken atm. :(
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take SO long for actions to cancel. Often, when I notice that one of my Sims are getting a drink and cancel the action, they've already bought the drink by the time it finally drops from their queue. Then they start waiting for that drink I told them not to get.

I actually started using reset object debug cheat on my sims for this reason. Even if it's not money related, by the time things fully cancel they've gone halfway across the house or something. It's super annoying that the cheat is broken atm. :(

AGREED! I totally hate how my sims decide to go upstairs to wash the dishes when there is a sink downstairs. When i cancel it before they were even near the stairs, they still go up and try to find a nearby table to put the plates on. WHY!? I did not cancel for that reason. I cancelled, cause i need them to stop immediately.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    That's the biggest annoyance I have is cancelling actions. I don't like how they go all the way and pretty much complete the action before stopping. Very annoying.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    Most annoying feature:

Babies. There are a lot of bugs and glitches that I can't stand, like musical chairs and dropping commands, but babies are an actual feature intended to be the way it is and to me that's unacceptable. They don't feel like a sim. You can enlarge a baby in build mode like you can do with an object. They are an object. It's just sad. I want babies to be freed from their cribs and given the same attention toddlers received.

My most loved feature:

This I don't see being talked about a lot, which is a shame. The UI of Sims 4 is a HUGE improvement, especially the search bar in the catalog! Can't even tell you how much I struggled to find stuff in TS3. I'd spend half an hour trying to figure out where the stroller was. We could use collections, but searching up objects by its names is so much quicker, it's amazing. The gallery feature is also underrated - I can't imagine playing without it now.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    The things that annoy me the most?

-Sims learning unwanted skills. It doesn't make any sense for my bookworm Sim to learn video game skills, or my serious Sim learning comedy and how to "Troll The Forums". I don't EVERY Sim learning Mischief or how to tell jokes.

-Townie Sims popping up EVERYWHERE. I get rid of a few townies to let my created Sims have a chance to enjoy things in towns,but as soon as I go to another lot,I find more and more townies being spawned by the EA Townie Generator. Why??? These constant Townie-spawning aren't even giving my created NPC Sims any chances to do anything? I rarely get to see Sim Usagi or Sim Ennard out and about-it's 99 percent EA Townies. Please,EA-no more spawned Townies! I want worlds filled with the NPC Sims I created,not worlds overrun with EA Townies. It's gotten so I'd rather go play Pokémon Ultra Moon and listen to RotomDex never shutting up-at least listening to RotomDex's endless yakking is more enjoyable that me ALWAYS having to go into the control panel and constantly delete several EA Townies,

-Please fix the Generic lots so that they work likr the public lots in Sims 1. The current Generic lots are no fun and don't even serve a purpose.

-Please make it so my Sims stay at home where I leave them. They have food,excercise equipment and tons of entertainment options,so there is no reason for them to go jogging or to the library or who knows where while I'm not playing.

-Please,EA-tone it down on the festivals! There is no reason why festivals should happen EVERY week! Maybe once every or 4 weeks is fine, but not every single week.

-Apartments not being able to be built outside of San Myshuno. Just because it's an apartment doesn't mean it HAS to be restrited to a huge city with tall buildings. Let us build apartments in places like Newcrest, Oasis Springs,Brindleton Bay,etc. Let me have my creepy vampire apartment complex..let me create old-looking apartments in Windenburg.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I don't know if anyone else is having this "problem" but in my game with seasons installed, while it is raining, some rain puddles appear in the backyard or at the front of the house and my frkn Sims keep going outside to CLEAN the puddle. I wouldn't mind but it's an endless loop as long as it rains <.< No, my sims are not excessive cleaners. At least they weren't until it started raining. Honestly I don't even want to see how they react once it starts snowing. Are they going to shovel snow while there's a blizzard? Anyway I think this needs to be adressed.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Emotions and personalities.

I wasn't all that excited over The Sims 4 having emotions (nor the way they tried to sell us on it) but I decided to give it a chance and it's like all my sims are the same. They have one personality: Emotions. Their traits don't matter and that's a big problem if my chosen traits for my sims clash with The Sims 4's usual disposition.

Certain sims I want to be more serious or neutral looking with their resting facial expression but every single sim always looks to be in a nearly constant state of happiness. With certain sims I create that look works but for most of my sims it doesn't. It takes away their appeal.

If they made personality traits stronger and emotions weaker then that's my biggest issue with The Sims 4 solved. Stifled creative control over my sims and their environment would be my second biggest issue but I doubt that'll change and that all means nothing anyway if my sims aren't acting like the sims I created them to be.

My favorite, beating out CAS though technically a part of CAS, is hats as accessories. I've wanted that in TS3 but it never happened so I'm glad it's there in TS4. I also love CAS. Creating a sim in The Sims 4 is probably my favorite thing to do in The Sims 4. I wish we could choose more traits for sims and create more sims in a household but the process of physically creating a sim is a fun to play with in TS4.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Ok, I've looked and looked all over and can't seem to find the answer for this -

How on God's green Earth do you move from a "starter" home and into a "family-sized" home?

EA decided to take the option/ability of moving a growing family from the players for some reason. Is there a way they can put it back in?

I dunno about y'all, but my First home was definitely NOT my forever home (though I was born in a military family, so moving is in my blood).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    AdalynAdalyn Posts: 5 New Member
    *Being unable to even woohoo when not married in seasons
    *Rain & Puddle cleaning while its still raining
    *Relationships feel 1 dimensional, spam a few interactions and they are yours
    *1 dimensional jobs and school (other than GTW)
    *No story progression options
    *Sims walking around while eating or talking, and just never ever sitting down
    *Queues are broken.. queue 4 things and it says "queue is full"
    *Cancelling an interaction means STOP when i click it, not walk all the way over there to pick up the plate then set it down on the table across the room, or walking all the way to the bar and buy a drink
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Make a toggle option to turn off time progression for unplayed households. Have the screenshots attached to the relevant household. Both are TS2 features, so I should be do-able umpteen years later.
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2018
    They need to return my money to me.
    I had a $ 8 or $ 9 balance on my account.
    Added $60.00 with an EA card.
    Fired up Origin to purchase Seasons and it required update so updated it.
    Then looked at the price of the game, noticed it went up to $51.99
    It was about $30.00
    Then went to check my balance and noticed they are no longer accepting EA cards
    to pay for games, only paypal and credit cards and my money I had on there is gone !
    Don't have either one.
    They need to give me back my money asap !

Added: there is no sure way to get in touch with them, its like going around in circles
    Ask a question under HQ and can only select what they have listed there, and sometimes
    the problem that has happened is not listed.
    They took my money & I want it back !!

edit: after reporting this problem on this website the page on my account updated to this
    2dkpcm.jpg

update: this has been fixed
    Post edited by SimzSizzle on
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Here is a thread about the death phone calls, @HoneyBits and @fiercephoenix91

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another-sims/m-p/6891985#M65892

@wyn @MzPigglyPooh and @FurSimsOriginal You can use the resetsim [firstname] [lastname] cheat as a replacement until the "Reset Object" cheat is fixed.

@5782341b77vl Is your question about how to move in general? The option can be found on your sim's phone or computer. On the phone, click "Travel" (the car icon at the bottom), then "Move Household." On the computer, click "Household," then "Move Household." Both of these options take you to the world map, where you can select a house to move into.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Whims.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Here is a thread about the death phone calls, @HoneyBits and @fiercephoenix91

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another-sims/m-p/6891985#M65892

@wyn @MzPigglyPooh and @FurSimsOriginal You can use the resetsim [firstname] [lastname] cheat as a replacement until the "Reset Object" cheat is fixed.

@5782341b77vl Is your question about how to move in general? The option can be found on your sim's phone or computer. On the phone, click "Travel" (the car icon at the bottom), then "Move Household." On the computer, click "Household," then "Move Household." Both of these options take you to the world map, where you can select a house to move into.

What I'm getting at isn't about a sim getting stuck so I have to reset them. You cancel an action that is qued and the sim will still go all the way to the object and then finally stop. For example, When my sim goes to the fridge to get food while another sim just made food and I cancel that action, the sim will still get the food out of the fridge and then either place it down on the counter or put it back in the fridge. Another example is a sim trying to go all the way upstairs to do something. I cancel the action before they get to the stairs but they still go all the way up to the object they were trying to use before stopping. The point is once the action is canceled they should stop immediately. Using a reset cheat does not resolve anything.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    What needs to be fixed...
    What needs to be fixed...
    -Per the other thread about gardening, ever since the Seasons patch (I do NOT have the expansion pack yet, and might never get it, as weather and seasons has never been of interest to me in a Sims game), my garden plants have never needed water. My Legacy Founder Sim has aged from Young Adult to Adult to Elder (some 50 or 60 Sim Days) and not ONCE has the water interaction been available. Clearly this should not be correct behavior and needs to be reverted. My Sims should have to water their plants or else the plants should dry up and die. It's completely unrealistic to fertilize, weed, harvest, but NEVER water.

-As stated above, being very sad for 2 days because you got a phone call that some Sim you met once as a toddler (now you are an Elder) has died. I had the freaking primary spouse of my Legacy died and the same day a vague acquaintance died and his son was just as sad that he had lost his own father as he was that someone he met as a toddler once had died. Again, this is just silly and annoying. I don't mind if it's a close friend but a vague acquaintance you probably don't even remember?

-Mourning constantly at the graveside of pets. My Legacy lot has the cat's grave and the founding primary spouse grave and the Sims autonomously mourn for the cat, who died many Sim days ago, more than for the father you just died the other day. What?? The Wife/Founder, literally, if I do not give her another action to do, no matter what her mood -- happy, sad, playful, flirty, bored, fine -- she will make a beeline to the cat's grave.

-As stated above, babies being a piece of interactive furniture along the lines of a TV set instead of an actual Sim. I miss the days when my Sims could carry their babies around, bring them to the park, etc. I'd like to see babies get some love and stop being furniture. I hate that we can't click on them to see their needs. I think the devs believed this would be a fun challenge. It is not.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    - I agree with others than babies need an overhaul. Let sims carry them around, give us a few more objects to place them into and tweak the mesh to add more detail + some actual CAS stuff (clothing, hair). The devs know how bad this life stage is and that’s why ‘age up’ is always available on the bassinet.
    - Pet fears need to be overhauled. Allow the player to train their pets to not be scared, or turn them off, most of them are just so over the top and annoying.
    - the constant invites need to be toned down. Someone is always calling, like every couple hours it seems.
    - Collecting needs fixed, like collecting trash, dishes, clothes piles, etc. Sims routinely t-pose and drop whatever they are carrying.
    - Tone down the water drinking. In general I think this is the most annoying and unnecessary thing they patched into the game.
    - water balloon/mud fights need to be fixed. It’s weird seeing Sims have a water balloon fight with all of them standing side by side in a single file line.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Babies, still. I usually loved the babies in Sims 2 and Sims 3, but I hated the Sims 4 babies. While I kept the babies being babies for a long time in Sims 2 and Sims 3, I aged up those pointless Sims 4 babies so fast because I disliked them so, so much.

I want more of the lovely baby interactions from Sims 2 and Sims 3 back! :smile:

#FreeTheBabies
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    > @drake_mccarty said:
    > - the constant invites need to be toned down. Someone is always calling, like every couple hours it seems.

Oh these 2 annoy me as well. The constant, incessant invites drive me up the wall.

Probably the most frustrating thing with invites is that you can only either accept them and teleport instantly there, or else decline. Sometimes I would like to accept the invite but after what I am currently doing. Why can't there be an "I'll meet you there" interaction and then maybe a countdown timer that gives me say, a sim hour or two to get there and meet the person. Why "right now or bust?"

I mean who does this? How often do friends call people and say, "Want to go out to the club this instant?" Most people I know plan things ahead of time -- "want to go later on tonight? Tomorrow?" etc.

> @drake_mccarty said:
    > - Tone down the water drinking. In general I think this is the most annoying and unnecessary thing they patched into the game.

I wish they would just take this out entirely. Drinking water does nothing for Sim needs and is a complete waste of scripting. Plus when you cancel the thing they still take the water and put the glass down somewhere and now I have to clean it up.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I couldn’t agree more!