Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have extreme emotion deaths become easier?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stepfordexwifestepfordexwife Posts: 5 New Member
    My sim had a baby and then married Johnny Zest. He went from happy to hysterical very quickly and the "die by hysteria" action popped up. Thankfully I have MCCC installed and "edited the family in CAS" which turned back time enough that I could cheat his emotion down to fine. I'm debating changing his goofball aspiration to something else because it's getting really annoying with how often he hits very playful.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    How do you get them to the point of being hysterical? Even angry they never get so mad that they pop their clogs.

I forgot one of mine died from over exertion, wonder what he could have been doing? :wink: , hehe but it was over 100 at the time.
  • Options
    nakibotnakibot Posts: 176 Member
    I've only experienced it once and that was because I directed my Sim to make lots of funny interaction.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I haven't had an emotional death in my game yet, even when I occasionally try intentionally just for some interesting plot twists...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2017
    The only times I've had a Sim die an emotional death unintentionally were wishing well accidents*. Recently I've been playing without the environmental happiness buffs (turned off with a mod) so it's tougher now, but it seemed really hard to reach even when I did have those around.

* ETA: The wishing well is by far the deadliest object in my Sims universe.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2017
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    I just have the base game and Get Together so far... Haven't been TOO keen on any of the other packs yet; but I have ONCE had a hysterical death BUT was my only sim I was playing and even if I had his heir, still, he had more work to be done before death so I exited and reloaded the game... Only time I ever had/ seen an emotional death. I've tried to cause hysterical deaths before but no matter how much I tried just wasn't happening and gave up...
    I wish emotional deaths weren't so hard to get, myself. Seems sims are/ will only ever die of old age, unless I go out of my way to kill them via Cow Plant or Drowning....
    I'm jealous. But I wont get Parenthood cause I'm not too keen on the random Teen on adult 'fight' action and such.... If they fight, I want it on my terms lol.

Hahaha I think I know what you mean. I like doing that to my sims to for story-telling pictures. <3 I never really did get a over emotional death either. I usually get very happy,angry, and flirty moodlets. :|

@starcrunch what the name of the mod? ;)
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    Early in I had a hot header sim due of rage after catching his wife cheating. But since then until now I haven't had any emotional deaths. For me" it wasn't the Parenthood pack that did it for me, it was My First Pet and Seasons. I've had too many Sims die from hysteria after playing with the hamster or playing in the sprinkler its kind of ridiculous.

I just had a single mom sim drop dead while dancing after she swam a bit. Apparently it was hilarious. I decided to go with it and let her younger sister take up the reigns and care for her kids.

Between sprinklers, warm clothes, and hamsters, my Sims are dying left and right from hysteria.

Dez
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2018
    My sim had a baby on the same day as her daughters birthday, she was already in a playful mood and the excitment killed her! Sad day.

OT edit: It was the first time a sim of mine had died from an extreme emotion. It has become easier because there are so many things that give them moodlets now. My sims are almost always "very happy" and it just takes a single playful moodlet to turn that into "very playful" and then a few more to turn it into "hysteria"
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I've never had an emotional death, and I even tried to enrage a sim to death once. Playfulness is one I watch out for, but I use the "happy moodlets changed to fine" mod which cancels out all the random "environment" happy moodlets (since it bugged me that any negative emotionas got canceled out as soon as sims walked in a nice room), so that might be keeping it under control.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I've never had an emotional death, and I even tried to enrage a sim to death once. Playfulness is one I watch out for, but I use the "happy moodlets changed to fine" mod which cancels out all the random "environment" happy moodlets (since it bugged me that any negative emotionas got canceled out as soon as sims walked in a nice room), so that might be keeping it under control.

I use the same mod, with the same results. Never had a sim accidentally die from an emotional death.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I've never had an emotional death somehow. I've had the wishing well TRY to kill my sims with their feels, but it never actually killed them. Hysterical is definitely something I've seen more since Seasons came out, the day after a successful holiday is a dangerous time for feeling playful.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    It’s too easy for the sims to get hysterical and die.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    For me, it's been more difficult lately. Before, it was too easy for my sims to die of embarrassment. like all the time they were dropping like flies. Doesn't really happen anymore, go figure.
    wr7jm5.png&quot