The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else have this problem?!

So my family is currently celebrating winterfest and has cooked a grand meal, but there is no option to “call to grand meal” to complete the tradition....
I’ve seen lilsimsie have the same issue so is this an interaction that the sims team forgot to include?
How do you complete the tradition?

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Did your Sim cook one of the designated Grand Meals? If they did you should be able to click on the plate and the option to call everyone to eat should be there. I have had at least twenty Grand Meals as a tradition and none of those failed. I even had one Sim cook a Grand Meal, place it in her inventory then had her visit a friend. Once at the friend's house, I pulled the platter out of her inventory and she was able to gather everyone to 'Eat Grand Meal'. If all else fails, try repairing your game. I hope you find a solution. :)
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Sometimes my sims take a plate of food before I can get to the interaction, and it won't show up for me after a plate has already been taken from the meal.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I had this issue yesterday for the breakfast meal and the ham meal, but not the fish.
  • Options
    mikaelaztrmikaelaztr Posts: 1 New Member
    I had it with everything expect the fish..
  • Options
    SonicWillRuleSonicWillRule Posts: 4 New Member
    I seem to be having this issue as well. None of the grand meals are working.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Do you have a club gathering in progress? I couldn't call anyone to a grand meal while my club was ongoing, but it worked as soon as I ended the gathering.

I believe it's the same if you're in some other kind of social outing (a date, for example).
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,829 Member
    I haven't come across this and I've had 3 grand breakfasts, several turkey dinners and a few ham dinners.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    I haven't noticed that specific issue, but I did notice that sometimes Sims will grab other dishes when I choose the "Call To Grand Meal" option. For example, if I have a serving of another type of food, Sims will sometimes grab a serving from that, instead of the grand meal itself...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I haven't noticed that specific issue, but I did notice that sometimes Sims will grab other dishes when I choose the "Call To Grand Meal" option. For example, if I have a serving of another type of food, Sims will sometimes grab a serving from that, instead of the grand meal itself...

That has happened for me as well; if you want only the designated Grand Meal to be eaten, make sure you don't have any other food lying about anywhere because they'll go to eat that as well.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I had this issue yesterday for the breakfast meal and the ham meal, but not the fish.

Same though
    Hi
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yeah, this happened to me too. But you can also just have them grab a serving and finish the dish, that also completes the holiday goal.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! Just so you know all bug reporting has moved to The Sims 4 AHQ It might be a good idea to post there where it can be tracked and someone might be able to provide more help. I'm going to close this thread off now.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top