Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed that sims don't seem to autonomously use the swings.

I have not seen any sims use the swings autonomously in my game yet. Quite disappointing. Both npcs and played sims seem to ignore the swings. Though I have not seen any npcs skating yet either in my game.

Comments

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Same here, and my kid Sim fun DECREASED when I put her on it :(
  • Options
    Crystal03Crystal03 Posts: 15 Member
    Yep, my sim didn't like it either, made him nauseous. I get it, they wanted to have a bit of silly fun, but... this joke was a dud. I wanted the swings to be like it was before. Hanging out on them, having them choose to do it on their own, and actually enjoying it.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I have seen NPC children use the swings in the park, but it does seem like a really rare interaction.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    The Swing interactions are all set to Autonomy: False in the XML modding files... Going to test the swings later on to see if changing all files to autonomy True will change this. I have no clue why the devs set so many interactions to Autonomy False... There are sooo many of them.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    I see sims using the swings pretty often in the park. Children using it often too. Though they sure as sugar don't use the skating rinks on lots. I've seen one sim use a skating rink and that was it.

Might need to get rid of a few things to see if they'll be attracted to it or not. I avoid putting bookcases park lots they all just wanna read like It's the library. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    banana_x_xxbanana_x_xx Posts: 41 Member
    I put my sim child on time out and she autonomously spent it on the swing
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Frustrated that my sims also don't talk to each other on the swing, and I can't seem to get someone to get off the swing when I want to interact with them. They just keep on swinging forever while my sim stands there...
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I see sims using the swings pretty often in the park. Children using it often too. Though they sure as sugar don't use the skating rinks on lots. I've seen one sim use a skating rink and that was it.

Might need to get rid of a few things to see if they'll be attracted to it or not. I avoid putting bookcases park lots they all just wanna read like It's the library. :#

@LadyKyn are you a modder? Can you upload a mod if you changed it? I would love to see many of the interactions to be enabled, to make the game more ralistic.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Tanja1986 wrote: »
    The Swing interactions are all set to Autonomy: False in the XML modding files... Going to test the swings later on to see if changing all files to autonomy True will change this. I have no clue why the devs set so many interactions to Autonomy False... There are sooo many of them.

Because when they are set to true, Sims get obsessed. I had a mod that would increase the autonomy and it was literally me cancelling actions every few seconds.

I had issues where my Sim wanted fun, I cancelled the PC, then instantly the TV came up. Cancelled that out, and my Sim put earbuds on. Took them off, Sim went to the hot tub.

I notice they disable autonomy on objects that provide fun, for the simple fact, when all are enabled they never stop using objects. Too many set to true and it overpowers what we want our Sims to use.

Told my Sim to go fishing, she did for 30 seconds and then ran to play chess.

The issue is all the other needs are simple.
    Bladder = Toilet. Hunger = Food. Social = Sims.

But fun is tricky because nearly everything that isn’t a necessity provides fun in The Sims. So it should be up to us how we use that time so that makes sense.

I actually wish they would set the PC to false as well. And mobiles/tablets. Let us choose.

I remember taking my Sims out to Community lots in The Sims 2, and it was almost impossible to keep them all off the swings unless I deleted them. Grown people constantly on Swings is incredibly odd.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

Really? The swings are used autonomously in my game. At least, an NPC got on them while I was at the park.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @IceyJ wrote: »

Really? The swings are used autonomously in my game. At least, an NPC got on them while I was at the park.

Park lots maybe have different settings? I’ve seen people use them at the Park too.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    The autonomy settings are nuts. My sims want to use the water slide in thunderstorms. When the go camping they go back and forth between wanting to cloudgaze and wanting to play cards. The dollhouse and taking our the trash seem to have gotten an attraction boost. I'll have to check out the swings tonight.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »

I am guessing that use of swings at the park by npc children is governed by a npc job situation and they are are not doing it autonomously. I have swing set on my sims home lot and it is ignored by visiting npc children.

I would really like to see sims enjoying the swings autonomously, and as to using the swings to much they could control them with bluff cool downs for the npcs and when you click on the npc to communicate to them they will stop swinging. Just bad game design with the swings on there part.

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Mine use the swings autonomously, both kids and adults (and ghosts). Not to the point of obsession, but they do use them. I also had a kid's club where using playground equipment was one of the activities and they used it nearly as much as the monkey bars. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the swing autonomy.

Oh meant to add, I have the swing sets at my home lot. I don't know what it's like in a park setting.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I am guessing that use of swings at the park by npc children is governed by a npc job situation and they are are not doing it autonomously. I have swing set on my sims home lot and it is ignored by visiting npc children.

I would really like to see sims enjoying the swings autonomously, and as to using the swings to much they could control them with bluff cool downs for the npcs and when you click on the npc to communicate to them they will stop swinging. Just bad game design with the swings on there part.

He was an adult, but I get what you're saying. I haven't yet placed a swing set on a home lot.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    Mine use the swings autonomously, both kids and adults (and ghosts). Not to the point of obsession, but they do use them. I also had a kid's club where using playground equipment was one of the activities and they used it nearly as much as the monkey bars. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the swing autonomy.

Oh meant to add, I have the swing sets at my home lot. I don't know what it's like in a park setting.

So it might just be just an attractive problem on my home lot with the swing. Pets are more needy too now ( pet me! pet me! pet me!) and there's the weather.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member

I checked the modding files after extracting them and the Friendly Social Interactions such as these here are set to Autonomy False, so not sure. Maybe in specific settings, such as parks they use it autonomously. One of the files also was ONLY set to kids, there was no Adults, Teens etc. set for that file. I could not test it on the home lot yet, but in my game nobody used autonomously the swings on my home lot.

These are the files that are all set to Autonomy FALSE

socials_Targeted_Friendly_AlwaysOn_STC_SwingSet_AskToPush
    socials_Targeted_Friendly_AlwaysOn_STC_SwingSet_AskToSwingWith
    socials_Targeted_Friendly_AlwaysOn_STC_SwingSet_AskToBePushed
    swingSet_Immediate_AskToSwingWith
    sim_AskToSwing_Chat

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've rotated to a family that has a set of monkey bars in the garden but the two child sims have yet to play on them.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Because when they are set to true, Sims get obsessed. I had a mod that would increase the autonomy and it was literally me cancelling actions every few seconds.

I had issues where my Sim wanted fun, I cancelled the PC, then instantly the TV came up. Cancelled that out, and my Sim put earbuds on. Took them off, Sim went to the hot tub.

I notice they disable autonomy on objects that provide fun, for the simple fact, when all are enabled they never stop using objects. Too many set to true and it overpowers what we want our Sims to use.

But fun is tricky because nearly everything that isn’t a necessity provides fun in The Sims. So it should be up to us how we use that time so that makes sense.

I actually wish they would set the PC to false as well. And mobiles/tablets. Let us choose.

I remember taking my Sims out to Community lots in The Sims 2, and it was almost impossible to keep them all off the swings unless I deleted them. Grown people constantly on Swings is incredibly odd.

Oh gee my sims are addicted to the computer I always see them on it. I have to cancel sometime what they are doing to get them to take care of their children which need to be fed.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh gee my sims are addicted to the computer I always see them on it. I have to cancel sometime what they are doing to get them to take care of their children which need to be fed.

OMG same. The amount of effort I have to put into the design of my Sims' home to stop this from happening is unreal. I always make sure the computer is in bedrooms or rooms I can keep guests out of. I lock everything!

On topic, and because of the computer experience, I'm glad going on the swings isn't autonomous. They can get so annoying after a while, no matter what the object is.

No. Stahp.

Step. Away. From. The. Object!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

OMG same. The amount of effort I have to put into the design of my Sims' home to stop this from happening is unreal. I always make sure the computer is in bedrooms or rooms I can keep guests out of. I lock everything!

On topic, and because of the computer experience, I'm glad going on the swings isn't autonomous. They can get so annoying after a while, no matter what the object is.

No. Stahp.

Step. Away. From. The. Object!
    I totally agree that is one less thing they are obsessed or addicted to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Sims only get obsessed with object interactions that have a higher attraction score than others.

For example, "troll teh forums" interaction has an attraction rate of 1.24 whereas the standard score for other interactions is between 0.5 and 0.75.

I think some interactions should definitely have a higher score than others, but these should be trait based. I've modded my game so only certain traits will autonomously troll forums rather than everyone.

ETA: I think the devs intended to make troll teh forums autonomous for certain traits, but, from memory, there was a line of code missing to fully implement this.

ETA2: Sims running off to do something else after 30 seconds is a bug. Some interactions have timers on them so the Sim should complete the interaction in a certain timeframe or if they have need failure before moving onto something else. I think for some things this is broken, like reading books.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Mine always use the swings autonomously.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    If there is any object that should be addictive it should be the bubble blower

:lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2018
    I put a small restaurant in Magnolia falls and added a small, toddler, fenced playpark behind it and added the Season's swing.
    My couple had their meal, paid and then he got a "swings" thought bubble over his head but he didn't go to the swings autonomously.

I'm glad of that having had to get rid of a garden tent which my Sims preferred to sleep in, even in Winter! Autonomy needs to be curbed sometimes.