Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug, Hilarious, or both?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    FosoSam wrote: »
    I cackled out loud.
    Just smoking up with the Flower Bunny, we met in college man, don't worry he's chill

It was just after the holiday I made for her to show up in, I guess she really needed to relax after all that intense Flower Bunnying she had done the day before.
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Oh dear, I've been having a pretty rotten week but this thread is an absolute riot.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »
    Schantal wrote: »
    Father Winter is a premade, not just an NPC. He'll walk about like any other townie, because he is one. That outfit is just his 'hot' wear. He probably moved into a house because you've allowed the game to place townies into vacant lots.

Well under that theory so is the bunny and the other NPCs (the bunny is literally just coded as an NPC wearing an "outfit" and yet you do not see the bunny spawning everywhere. It breaks immersion A LOT and don't think it was intended.

I see the Flower Bunny all the time, actually.

tztV4eY.jpg

It's kind of like when I see the Grim Reaper rocking out at a karaoke bar, I suppose!

Don't let the kids see Bunny at the hookah!! Bad Flower Bunny. Bad, bad Flower Bunny!
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    After I got Get Together, I had the Grim Reaper move into a house in Windenburg in one of my saves, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Father Winter did the same :) I'm not sure what I would do with him if he did, though. I try to create a very realistic world in my main game, so I don't think I would want him popping up all over town, like a normal character, in that particular version. I would be delighted to see him in my fantasy version, though.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    After I got Get Together, I had the Grim Reaper move into a house in Windenburg in one of my saves, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Father Winter did the same :) I'm not sure what I would do with him if he did, though. I try to create a very realistic world in my main game, so I don't think I would want him popping up all over town, like a normal character, in that particular version. I would be delighted to see him in my fantasy version, though.

This.

I really would not like to have Father Winter or the Flower Bunny photo bombing screenshots. Hopefully, MCCC has a way to stop those types of NPCs from roaming around town.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    I feel like I'm the one that has Father Winter in my game but in Winterfest, when Father Winter comes, it's a random generated Sim.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited July 2018
    There are at least two Father Winters in my game. One looks like what the OP posted and he shows up with the title of Father Winter in manage worlds - his name is Clement Frost in my game. But when Father Winter came to one of my Winter Fests at the Landgraabs - he was Issac Wellington and had the long dreads hair - he is also in manage worlds but does not have the Father Winter title. Maybe because Malcolm was being all mean and evil to Clement Frost prior to his Winter Fest (he could also ask for a present even though it was not Winter Fest or anything and he was dressed like the OP pics in summer wear)- he was not about to go and give him presents so they sent a pseudo Father Winter!
    @Sjofn @Wooldrop Hahaha! Funny pics of the Flower Bunny. The Flower Bunny is around all the time in my game too.
  • Options
    OliphantKidOliphantKid Posts: 2 New Member
    ever since the new update came while i was downloading a pack for backyard stuff after downloading that pack and the update i went into my game opened a restaurant and when i made my sim go there the employees refused to work and i had to keep opening the menu screen to make my sims and npc sims to function properly and the game keeps freezing and my reviews keep getting lower and lower because none of my sims work properly and the npc workers its not just for my restaurant but all the other ones too and stores the only place that will work is my home
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    You've seen him in his 'Hot' wear, now get ready for him in his swimwear!

gzwMKWB.png

Father Winter became a friend of my family. I didn't really intend for that to happen. All it took was him coming over on Winterfest night and my sims interacting with him and then deciding that they should give him a Winterfest gift back. Ever since he's been calling asking to come over and has become friends with the whole family. Personally I find it pretty amusing.

He especially likes playing with toys and one night he came up and sprayed the monster under their daughter's bed. Lol

d2ytafI.png
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Schantal wrote: »
    Father Winter is a premade, not just an NPC. He'll walk about like any other townie, because he is one. That outfit is just his 'hot' wear. He probably moved into a house because you've allowed the game to place townies into vacant lots.

Well under that theory so is the bunny and the other NPCs (the bunny is literally just coded as an NPC wearing an "outfit" and yet you do not see the bunny spawning everywhere. It breaks immersion A LOT and don't think it was intended.

I know that its why the "bug" is occurring, but there are ways to stop that for certain "special" NPCs.......it should not be hard to put that parameter in the code either. May hop into the code later with my husband and see.

I see the bunny eeeeeverywhere, lol. The only time I didn't see him was on Easter.

The special characters aren't that special if they're around all year. That's why I never liked seeing the Grim Reaper at every nightclub I went to. I hope the NPCs are tweaked in a future patch.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I hope this gets taken care of in a bugs fix patch or by a mod. Having the holiday NPCs showing up everywhere all year round takes something away from them being special. Father Winter is currently spamming one of my single female Sims with date requests, and it's bugging the heck out of me. She baked cookies for him on Winterfest and apparently, he mistook that to mean she has a romantic interest in him now. I understand some Simmers like to mingle with the NPCs but I truly hope someone can create a mod that will stop these holiday NPCs from showing up every day or calling my Sims non-stop wanting to get together. Simply interacting with him during the holiday should not instantly translate into wanting a romantic relationship. And poor Flower Bunny, having to work menial jobs to have Simoleans enough to buy carrots. That is so wrong. LOL It's funny, but how can Flower Bunny write when lacking thumbs? ;)
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    QEEUEKb.jpg

Not quite a date request, but uh ... what the heck.