Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Should I wait for another patch?

TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
Should I wait for another patch before I begin playing Sims 4 with Seasons, or are enough of the bugs fixed that playing a clean install would be okay? I have Sims 3 to keep me occupied if consensus is that I should wait.

Seasons: Should I wait for another patch? 88 votes

Go ahead and play Sims 4.
80%
SkewedReality04JaiSeaBreeSashaKeyserFnLaBlue0314alexspoom13alan650111IceyJSimmervilleLomelindi7aelias24AndreaTheHeroEuripides67rudolphaColorist40IllandryaKelleygirlWritin_RegSimburianjustChrisUk 71 votes
Play Sims 3 while waiting for another patch.
19%
overonDomynessBagoas77goodcakebaker62Hrolgar06Bon06Kniga_SitaraPepseyrulesSansaStarkharun789filipomelChazzzysnarklesItsJanierRae357TheIntrovertSimmerLady_Ballora 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If you are that worried I should give it a couple of months. >:)
  • Options
    Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2018
    The way I see it, there's *always* going to be something broken in the game, because there are always things being added. They get patched eventually, but by then something else has broken. If you don't mind running a couple mods, you can overcome most bugs before they are officially fixed and remove the mod workarounds afterwards.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Still playing the game and still enjoying things. There hasn't been any game breaking bugs.

The events are working for the calendar fine for me since the last patch. Nothing wrong with waiting if you want to wait for the next patch whenever that may be. Only thing I've had a bit of problem with is the claim bed not working. Kinda just guide sims to their bed when they start getting tired.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Well it's hard to say...I have more bugs now than I did the first thirty in game days I played but before nothing and it's not really carrying over to other saves so if your game ends up like mine then I'd say play sims 4 it's not so bad. If you try it and it's really bad then play three and wait for another patch.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    Even with a things being some what fluky, I am still enjoying the game. If your worried, you could always make a copy of your game save(s) and play the copies. This way if things are just too much, you won't have messed up any thing, but if things are acceptable to you, then no harm no foul either way.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    It is hard to advise. I play video games to relax. Personally, my game is unplayable right now. That is because for me the lag, glitches, and bugs are more frustration inducing than relaxing.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I wish I knew when the next patch is coming. Hopefully, it's sooner than just the regular monthly patch. I'd thought about remodeling the neighborhoods, then I remembered that build/buy mode was having trouble with lag. I'll see how my computer handles it. I think I might save actually playing with Sims for after a patch, though.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I hate bugs more than anyone, but nothing game-breaking is really occurring. It's just a matter of having the patience to get over certain things not working properly (which I don't :( )

Anyway, past experience tells us you could be waiting upwards of a year for bugs to be fixed. There's no point sitting around.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I experienced some lag while changing wallpaper but haven't run into any other glitches or bugs. It's hard to say because what causes a problem for one might not have any effect for another. There is a pet queue bug that some have but its not happening for me. I've been sitting her for 5 minutes reviewing my game play and honestly can't remember seeing any other bugs or glitches.
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    It's worth playing bugs and all! Sure there are some bugs but it's worth putting up with them. Also you don't need a clean save, just check any mods against the current broken mods list and go. It's what I did and I'm thrilled with the results.
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I personally haven't experienced any noticeable bugs or lagging since I installed seasons. I have a little bit of bed claiming issues, but I've always kinda had that problem (sims taking a nap on the couch when exhausted instead of just sleeping in bed). Personal experiences vary.

I'd say download it and play it for a bit to test the waters and see if anything is bothering you. Then, if it does, you can just put playing ts4 on hold until the next patch.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Would people be rating Seasons so high if it had game-crippling bugs? It is fantastic. Go buy it now! Lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    For wallpaper lag remove the roof then place it back when your thru. It's the only work around now.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    For wallpaper lag remove the roof then place it back when your thru. It's the only work around now.

Strange. My wallpaper lag was fixed with the new patch and I never did that.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'd go for it. But I didn't experience any game breaking glitches even before they released the patch after Seasons. I've had a few minor things happen (leaf piles won't disappear or burn, bed claiming is broke) but they haven't bothered me.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2018
    alan650111 wrote: »

Strange. My wallpaper lag was fixed with the new patch and I never did that.

SimGuruNick says they've been able to produce the wallpaper lag after the patch and their working on another fix. He suggested the roofs are the issue.

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    The only bug I'm worried about is the sims freezing to death in their athletic wear, so I'm playing very little, if at all, until they fix that. Otherwise the game is always going to have issues that can take months, even years to iron out, so I would say play if you really want to.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I've been staying away from households with multiple sims, because the bed assignments and door locking seems to have gone crazy after the last patch. But I've been playing some single sims, and have not encountered any show-stoppers yet. Especially since they released that secondary patch this week.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am having no issues so I don't have a problem with playing the game - but my game was a new start well after we got Cats and Dogs ep and right before the Jungle Adventure gp came out with just a few single YA sims living in a starter small house working on their careers and skills ( I do have a few households with several YA roommates living together in a Maxis made house - so nothing in my game to plug up the works - and thus far it has paid off - as I have had no issues at all.

I don't use CC, mods, or cheats either. The only families and pets in my game are the Maxis added sims which I have not tinkered with in this save at all. I do not know if any of this is why I have had no issues thus far to speak of but I have no qualms about playing Seasons. Also speaking of seasons - I set mine for 28 days for each season, gave my present Sims the warm and cold clothing options, and my starter Season was Spring. My Sim has just reached Summer. I have plans to play each house in my small rotation a full season or two before I move to the next house, as I am building their skills and careers a bit and building friendships between them all. I have aging off so not an issue. I also have not added any Holidays to the Calendar, and I have no clubs either. I have added some lots like restaurants, bowling, etc., wellness spas, shopping, better gyms, etc.

All this is probably why I have no qualms about playing the game thus far.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    Play Sims 3 while waiting for another patch.
    My game in the sims 4 season is always freezing.
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.