Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm covered in bees...

I have only been playing Seasons for a few days and I'm exploring the delights of Spring. (I've also been waiting to use that Eddie Izzard quote. LOL) I think that my bees are irritated by all the rain. I've tried putting a tree behind them to block some of the rain, but that doesn't really work. Any tips? I don't want to put the beehouse in a shelter... but that might be what I have to do.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Put them inside? If you have a greenhouse for instance?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    As far as keeping the rain off of them, all you have to do is to have a roof over their head. So if you have a porch, they can be put there as well. Of you can build them a small shelter with their very own little roof over head.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    The bees definitely have personality. Different weather makes them irritable. Mites enrage them. They also have a bad habit of being territorial. One of my lots backs up to an open area and neighbors are constantly walking through there and pass by the beehives. At least once a day someone gets swarmed and stung. One child walks to and from school at the same times every day and he seldom gets to school or home without a bee sting or ten. Poor kid. :/
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you have a sim with the flower arranging skill in the household, and access to crocus flowers, at skill 3 or 4, they get to scent arrangements with crocus. doing so will give the arrangement the 'bee-friending' scent until it wilts. if you place that arrangement near a hive, it will keep the hive in a calm mood until it wilts and gets thrown away. seemingly no matter what is done to try to enrage the poor critters. haven't tested it for 'stinging people walking by the lot' cases yet, though
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The bees definitely have personality. Different weather makes them irritable. Mites enrage them. They also have a bad habit of being territorial. One of my lots backs up to an open area and neighbors are constantly walking through there and pass by the beehives. At least once a day someone gets swarmed and stung. One child walks to and from school at the same times every day and he seldom gets to school or home without a bee sting or ten. Poor kid. :/

Haha, that's awesome. Of all the quirky and buggy things I've read about so far I think I would actually enjoy this one.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah. It's sooo funny to watch. LOL And every time it happens I laugh. I actually wait to see that little boy coming down the street every Sim morning to see if he makes it past the beehives. I keep telling him to run but he doesn't listen very well. ROFL
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I like my women like I like my coffee...uh... covered in beeeees!!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    I have mine in my greenhouse

43002679112_71a2277a58_b.jpg
    I have my greenhouse locked too, because my family kept disturbing them
  • Options
    so...bees either don't like death or don't like the reaper. i just 'accidentally' killed a sim in the middle of my greenhouse and when the reaper showed up, all four hives went straight from calm to enraged and started stinging everyone
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have mine in my greenhouse

...snip...
    I have my greenhouse locked too, because my family kept disturbing them

Love your picture!!! :smiley:

I didn't explore the bees much yet, only a few visits. Might try to let a sim live from selling honey, but with the raise in bills we saw, it might be hard...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

Is it bad that I laughed at this? I won't laugh next time.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    so...bees either don't like death or don't like the reaper. i just 'accidentally' killed a sim in the middle of my greenhouse and when the reaper showed up, all four hives went straight from calm to enraged and started stinging everyone

Dude, did they go for the Reaper too? That's another awesome kill... I mean, that is very very sad.
  • Options
    oh yeah, they stung the reaper, too. he also wound up standing near fireleaf, so got itchy because of that. not a good spot to reap souls, apparently
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »

Is it bad that I laughed at this? I won't laugh next time.

LOL...I laugh every time it happens. It's so funny to watch everyone dance around then get angry and do the 'angry' walk.