Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that could be improved about seasons

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    Again, more traditions and more icons. There really aren't enough at all. The calendar is a great idea and addition but really limited.
    Even making a simple summer cool down day is hard

D74hRHG.jpg

Don't even have an icon for a swimming pool or water or a sun or anything like that. Also I didn't really find many traditions that could fit the day :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited June 2018
    Less crazy Bill's please?
    Less season whims. You don't have to build 100 snowmen in Winter. Really.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I am only in winter, but I noticed they actually are effected when the temperature outside is extreme. When it was freezing, my toddler got really really cold in her room which finally forced me to turn on the heat.

Did you have the thermostat installed before hand? I haven't gotten any freezing weather and I already went through Winter. :open_mouth:

My thermostat was left off the whole time too less I noticed my sims were getting cold inside. I might have try winter again and see if I get an extreme weather. I got a weird 'mysterious weather' though. Some sims seemed to be hot and others cold? It was pretty weird.

Yep i had the thermostat installed beforehand. It was one of the first things I added when I turned the game on.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Summer and winter jogging outfits category should be added. My sims are freezing to death while jogging ( one died yesterday) in shorts and tees, or turn blue. It happened while I was playing another household.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Summer and winter jogging outfits category should be added. My sims are freezing to death while jogging ( one died yesterday) in shorts and tees, or turn blue. It happened while I was playing another household.

THIS!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018

I'm starting to think they didn't really handle the outfits system very well. In my opinion we don't need more categories, except for outwear one, but rather some way of marking the outfits within existing categories, depending on temperature. I'm not sure if that would be technically possible though.
    Post edited by MissNightOwl on
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I think it's a bit too soon to be complaining. But I will say that I wish the traditions list was a bit longer. I love the Expansion though. Ea is doing a great job!
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    The snowball / mud / waterballoon fight animations should be "quicker" and more fluent instead of Sims just standing around and doing nothing for some time until throwing the next ball.

Yes! I love Seasons so far but I will say the water balloon and snowball fights disappointed me.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2018
    gs4c8sn.png
    When you select go all or something in a group..
    ys9nip1n5.png
    One man with 3 women so why complain.. :P
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    I wish we could choose what households celebrate what holidays. Like my evil sims celebrating love day and winterfest, that just doesn't make sense.. But sadly, cancelling the holiday gives a negative moodlet, and removing the holiday in the calendar removes it for every household in the save :(
    And I would also like to add holidays that one specific household celebrates, so that each household can have their own personal celebrations and traditions
  • Options
    marcmmmarcmm Posts: 6 New Member
    The mailwoman and stall vendors need a winter variations of work uniforms. I'm only guessing but I'd say the police career uniform needs one too. I guess it might be added in a winter stuff pack

Also I liked the idea from either Sims 2 or 3 (or both) whereby the winter clothes were removed automatically once you went back inside.

You realise this thread is probably just giving EA ideas about future stuff packs.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I wish there were some more traditions.

I’d like to see
    Eating ice cream.
    Watching movies. Eating popcorn.
    Going for a hike. (Good for holidays where you send your sim on vacation)
    Collecting bugs
    Making herbalism potions
    Karaoke
    Give to charity
    Volunteer
    Trying new foods.
    Meeting new people.
    Reliving memories.
    Skating (ice and roller)
    Bowling
    Getting dressed up (in formal or party wear)
    Trying on outfit
    Putting on makeup
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I agree, there isn't enough traditions in my opinion to make my own holidays.
    also, I wish that with "grand meals" all the sims (household and guests) to sit TOGETHER and start eating TOGETHER.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Again, more traditions and more icons. There really aren't enough at all. The calendar is a great idea and addition but really limited.
    Even making a simple summer cool down day is hard

D74hRHG.jpg

Don't even have an icon for a swimming pool or water or a sun or anything like that. Also I didn't really find many traditions that could fit the day :/

Some more specific ones would be nice. We got at least 46? Quite a lot, but always room for more. :) Yeah more icons are definitely wanted much how I want more icons for Get Together Clubs. I need me a popsicle icon.

Also didn't there use to be a party event for a pool party I swear there was but it wasn't there. :(
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    gs4c8sn.png
    When you select go all or something in a group..
    ys9nip1n5.png
    One man with 3 women so why complain.. :P

I'm laughing too hard. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2018
    - I think that we have to be allowed to make any activity a tradition, something similar that the club system does. I love all the new traditions, but they are not enough.
    - NPC's would have to practice traditions more frequently. I've just celebrated New Year and only saw one NPC throwing confetti. On that day, I would like to see all the sims spinning noisemakers, throwing confetti or blowing horn constantly.
  • Options
    starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm on day 3 of 7 summer days and it's been non-stop thunderstorms. Totally unable to go outside and play all the usual "summer" things so far. Kind of irritating. And lightning is striking things all the time, including Sims outside AND inside the house. Poor dog is cowering (which is realistic, but 3 of 7 days?). ETA: this is in Brindleton Bay. I'll give another world a try next.