Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is seasons worth getting?

Is seasons worth getting? 147 votes

Yes totally
94% 139 votes
Not really
5% 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes - but you have to enjoy the base game itself. I used to think of EPs as game changing, but I would say game enhancing is now a more accurate descriptor. Seasons will enhance your everyday gameplay and give you a sense of passing time, and something nice to look at!

It's definitely and BY FAR the best EP for TS4. It has a lot of content besides the main feature, yet that is done well too. In my opinion the weather isn't as breathtaking nor as distinguishable by season as it was in TS3, however that is more to do with TS4's art style. A big recommendation from me, overall.
  • Options
    Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    @Simanite wow thanks
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes. Despite some bugs that they are working on, this is overall the best pack so far. All worlds look gorgeous as the seasons change, the calendar and holiday thing is cool (even random holidays pop up from time to time). I like how in the fall, I been noticing trees changing colors gradually and now many are like a reddish color which is nice. There is a lot to do and a lot of new items plus new career which is similar to the careers in City Life where you have the option to just send your sim to work or work at home.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Yes, I think this EP is one they truly took the time to add the extra details that we are so used to from previous versions of The Sims. Out of all the EPs so far, this is the only one I feel is complete. I could care less about the weather itself, but speaking of the EP as a whole, its very well done.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    @XxAirixX Thanks! :)
  • Options
    @Goth583 I agree from what I have seen from trailers and YT videos it is very detailed! Thanks :D
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Yes - but you have to enjoy the base game itself. I used to think of EPs as game changing, but I would say game enhancing is now a more accurate descriptor. Seasons will enhance your everyday gameplay and give you a sense of passing time, and something nice to look at!

It's definitely and BY FAR the best EP for TS4. It has a lot of content besides the main feature, yet that is done well too. In my opinion the weather isn't as breathtaking nor as distinguishable by season as it was in TS3, however that is more to do with TS4's art style. A big recommendation from me, overall.

I agree with this so much. I prefer Sims 3 and the weather system in Sims 3 def looks much better in general, but I just learned to accept that Sims 4 will never be what I want it to be. As a whole this expansion will def add some nice things to the overall experience. I will warn you however that both the expansion AND the patch have introduced some pretty nasty bugs so install at your own risk.....oh and backup your saves.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like that it actually makes gardening more of a challenge. With plants having actual seasons you have to decide how many of your crops you want to sell and how many you want to save for cooking/crafting purposes if you're growing everything outside. I decided to grow my flowers in the greenhouse since I'll need a good supply of flowers for flower arranging, and leave the fruits/vegetables/herbs outside along with the trees. So I'll have the flowers that will keep growing, while the other produce will be subject to the seasons. Haven't done a lot of playing yet, but will likely get more into it over the weekend; we've got a heat warning for the weekend so I'll be spending a lot of time inside where it's only early Spring in my game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't played all aspects of the pack yet but so far I would say go for it.

I find some areas slightly bothersome:

- The seasons you get are set and final, for example you can't make Oasis Springs eternally Winter. You can't have eternal fall in Forgotten Hollow. More ability to customise to our own play style would have been appreciated. The weather machine can change the weather for a few hours, but this is in no way the same as full customisation.
    - There is no new world, they have focused on adding seasons into the existing worlds. This was the same in TS3 but a mini world showing off the best of Seasons would have been nice.
    - There isn't that much added to build and buy catalogue compared to previous expansion packs, probably because they didn't feel the need to include more as they had no new world to fill. As a builder I find that disappointing. The holiday decorations are cool, the bees are nice, the weather machine is fun, the ice ring is awesome and the swings are appreciated.
    - More snow depth would have added to the experience

On the more positive side
    - The calendar and holiday events are really cool. When you go into the calendar there are lots of events you can choose from, they should keep you entertained for a long time.
    - The weather (excluding snow depth) is really well done. The thunderstorms are especially cool. The game feels more full now we don't have the monotony of eternal summer. There are some nice interactions with the weather - for example snowball fights and showering in the rain.
    - The weather is something you will experience every time you play until you are finally done with TS4 - that's much better long term compared to some expansions (such as Get To Work's active careers) which you may never go back to again.
    - I like that my sims get changed into different clothing depending on if it is hot or cold. I have only seen a bit of the new CAS stuff, I haven't got around to checking out anything except for adult clothing. What I have seen is good.
  • Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Heaps of bugs, pack could have used another 2 months of testing and patching. All that considered the game is fantastic for what it is.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,891 Member
    I like that it actually makes gardening more of a challenge. With plants having actual seasons you have to decide how many of your crops you want to sell and how many you want to save for cooking/crafting purposes if you're growing everything outside. I decided to grow my flowers in the greenhouse since I'll need a good supply of flowers for flower arranging, and leave the fruits/vegetables/herbs outside along with the trees. So I'll have the flowers that will keep growing, while the other produce will be subject to the seasons. Haven't done a lot of playing yet, but will likely get more into it over the weekend; we've got a heat warning for the weekend so I'll be spending a lot of time inside where it's only early Spring in my game.

This is a great idea. Going in game right now to separate my harvestables. :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I definitely agree that you have to already enjoy the game. It's gorgeous to me and has already added so much. Even with my sims doing their normal things it's changed it. I really haven't explored Seasons gameplay yet other than some decorating and clothing changes.. but when my sim is cooking or reading a book and it's snowing outside... it's just wonderful. Fireplaces mean something now.. they were unused for me before. Same for the firepits. This is a new level for me to explore.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    For the longest time, everyone up and down says 'more gameplay, more gameplay!'. This is the pack that has it. It has more gameplay than any other S4 pack to date. The seasons themselves aren't just weather for atmosphere. They affect plants, Sims, what can and can't be done around the worlds, etc. The worlds are far more dynamic, with the ice/skate rinks and food stalls spawning in. Then you have Patchy to interact with, decorating your house, gift giving, etc. TheSimSupply spent an entire hour in the video just going over all the gameplay stuff, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    You should wait till its cheaper or on sale
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    ABSOLUTELY.

It makes the world feel so much more dynamic! No more perpetual sunny days! Boy, that got boring after a while.

And it plays pretty well with existing packs too, which is honestly awesome. If you have City Living, you can set off fireworks as a holiday activity! If you have any expansions that include worlds, those worlds will be updated for weather and seasons. And different worlds have different climates. It's awesome.

Like, did you know vampires can go actually outside during rainy and cloudy days? That's a thing. They also can't freeze in the winter; they don't really seem to feel temperature at all.. don't quote me on that though, I haven't played them during a heatwave yet.
    Speaking of vampires, one little drawback is that I can't see what the weather is in other worlds. It would be nice to know for when I'm traveling; especially if it's a matter of being able to go outside safely, or accidental death by sunlight.
    In case you can't tell, I play vampires a lot. Not sure if other people would care about this feature as much.

There are also still a few major bugs. My sims have gotten stuck T-posing not just once but TWICE, and it was creepy as hell. So uh. You can easily wait until the biggest bugs are squashed. But overall, this is the best TS4 expansion so far.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr