Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is out

Comments

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I completed the magic bean collection with rare seed packets... lol.

Now I wonder what seeds I'm still missing...
  • Options
    Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2018
    Is anyone else having trouble lighting the fireplace? At first I thought it was only cc but I tried and it’s all the fireplaces. The sim goes through the animation of lighting it but the fire never actually starts.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I love being able to have all this info in one place (one day) :love:
    YNPBejD.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Elliee1984 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble lighting the fireplace? At first I thought it was only cc but I tried and it’s all the fireplaces. The sim goes through the animation of lighting it but the fire never actually starts.

Yes. Same problem with the fireplace as you have.
  • Options
    pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    > @Elliee1984 said:
    > Is anyone else having trouble lighting the fireplace? At first I thought it was only cc but I tried and it’s all the fireplaces. The sim goes through the animation of lighting it but the fire never actually starts.

I actually kept lighting it until I realised it must be a bug :D literally didn't cross my mind, I just thought my sim was being dumb lmao
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Glass rooooofffssss! They are amazing! :D:D:D:D
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    KonekoFoxgloveKonekoFoxglove Posts: 50 Member
    I feel like since the patch the appliances in my game break ridiculously easy. Has anyone else experienced that? Also everything seems to get dirty faster...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I think catnip is only for Cats & Dogs.
  • Options
    Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    > @Elliee1984 said:
    > Is anyone else having trouble lighting the fireplace? At first I thought it was only cc but I tried and it’s all the fireplaces. The sim goes through the animation of lighting it but the fire never actually starts.

I actually kept lighting it until I realised it must be a bug :D literally didn't cross my mind, I just thought my sim was being dumb lmao

So did I :D
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Loving the new glass roofs. I made them sort of flat.
    tumblr_pakztkdCGV1wy9czzo10_540.png

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like the new review research plant action. But not so happy that other household members than my main gardening one does research plants on free will. This action takes too long for random sims to initiate it, I think. The sim in question had gardening skill = 2. Maybe they should at least have skill = 5 to research on their own?
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Since the new patch I can't reset my sims using "testingcheats true" cheat. Anyone also have that problem?? :confused:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Has anyone noticed that if you have glass roofs it looks like you dont have a ceiling?
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have to wait until I get back from vacation Sunday Afternoon
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2018
    Has anyone noticed a lightning change with the patch? I'm making changes to a house that I always use in willow creek and for some reason it's sort of dim when I change it to daytime and the house has a green hue to it. The sky even looks sort of dingy, so is this a change with the new patch?

Every other house I look at is still bright and sunny during the day, maybe slightly different but more or less the same, but this particular lot stays dark and green... It wasn't like this until I updated the game.

ECTHMxJ.jpg
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Has anyone noticed that if you have glass roofs it looks like you dont have a ceiling?

Wouldn't a ceiling block the view (and sunlight) from a glass roof?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

Wouldn't a ceiling block the view (and sunlight) from a glass roof?

You should be able to see the glass roof from ground level.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Glass roofs look amazing due to the light effects. The ceiling is automatically removed as soon as you confirm the glass roof. Very well done. Builders will do amazing things with this!

9KJHJR8.jpg

I wish they would make the "wall" sides of the roof glass automatically too. That would have been rad.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    After about 7 hours, the patch finally finished downloading for me :D I'm glad to finally have the new CAS sections and I love the glass roofs.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    So glad we can buy the seed packets for rare plants now too! That'll save my sim having to hunt them all down, been meaning to do that but just couldn't be bothered haha! :D
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    Yess ! I can finally create my house ! And get my garden in working order before Seasons !!!!!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Is anyone else having an issue with the JA fruits not giving the emotion moodlet?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited June 2018
    Trees have been updated for everyone, nice! Lemon tree on the left and apple tree on the right.

VY86qAl.jpg

It was dark in my gardener's save, so I didn't notice the lemon, but I saw the apple and cherry blossoms. They were closer to the light. I made my gardener sell everything that was ready even though he was tired just to see how fast it was. Very nice being able to seel the produce from 40-some plants in a matter of minutes without having to harvest it all first.
    image.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    edited June 2018
    Felicity wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue with the JA fruits not giving the emotion moodlet?

Just had my sim try a razzleberry (playful) and a vimberry (energized). No effect on emotions.

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I see a lot of good tweaks, people wanted fun with earbuds and communication with bowling it's there and removing vanity make up with vanity. I wonder if I should stop using cas for make up or if it removes all of it. Guess I have reason to look in game.

You can also just choose 3 or 5 game frames as well as the full 10 -- that'll be good for sending my Sims on a quicky "date" (going out without being constrained by the current dating Selvasystem).

Another bit that I know several players wanted was to have Squemish Sims react to the critters in the TLC apartments and the bugs and such in Selvadorada; it's important to have that sort of connectivity between packs to keep the game feeling like a whole.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)