Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    So I have a question if anyone sees this and knows. Will the seasons change in real time like when it’s Summer in the real world it’s Summer in The Sims or will you be able to choose which season it is and when. But honestly soooo excited for this.

In previous series (TS3?) it was possible to set just one season for each world. If it's summe real time, you can set summer as your sims' only season. Come autumn, you can change it to autumn being their only season, and so on. I don't know for sure if this will be possible in TS4 seasons, but I believe it will :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    So I have a question if anyone sees this and knows. Will the seasons change in real time like when it’s Summer in the real world it’s Summer in The Sims or will you be able to choose which season it is and when. But honestly soooo excited for this.

In previous series (TS3?) it was possible to set just one season for each world. If it's summe real time, you can set summer as your sims' only season. Come autumn, you can change it to autumn being their only season, and so on. I don't know for sure if this will be possible in TS4 seasons, but I believe it will :)

Seasons in Sims 4 aren't going to work like they did in Sims 3. Check the first page here for what we know :)http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Just preordered Seasons! I am so excited for this!
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Does anyone know a good place to download some cool and fully furnished shops. I figured since we can now give gifts Ill add some shops into my save so my sims can shop at them for gifts.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good place to download some cool and fully furnished shops. I figured since we can now give gifts Ill add some shops into my save so my sims can shop at them for gifts.

I have some shops (some odd, some not) that you can feel free to check out. In the gallery at my I.D. #dannydanbo.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I have some shops (some odd, some not) that you can feel free to check out. In the gallery at my I.D. #dannydanbo.

Thanks! I downloaded some of them. To keep my mind off of seasons i'm going to add stuff to the 2nd floor of the treasure chest.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    TastyO818 wrote: »
    Super exited! Already Pre-Ordered :smiley: One question: Will there be a new World with this Pack?

No new world
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    TastyO818TastyO818 Posts: 14 New Member
    the livestream is on thesims yt channel and at what time?
  • Options
    TastyO818TastyO818 Posts: 14 New Member
    Never mind already saw
  • Options
    Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    Finally ! Can't wait XD !
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Options
    Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    Someone plz help me I am super confused! You know how there is now the hot and cold outfit category thing (Like with the everyday wear and swim wear part) I don't really get why it is there! Because if sims become "Immune" to the hot or cold weather when wearing clothes in that category and always change into it when they go outside what is the point of everyday wear anymore?
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    There's probably more than just gameplay aspects to it, it's also visuals.
    Plus not everyone uses those rewardstore things.
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    So once again we're getting recolours as a new objects..
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Bubblyboo2 wrote: »
    Someone plz help me I am super confused! You know how there is now the hot and cold outfit category thing (Like with the everyday wear and swim wear part) I don't really get why it is there! Because if sims become "Immune" to the hot or cold weather when wearing clothes in that category and always change into it when they go outside what is the point of everyday wear anymore?

Good point. I really don't see a point to it now :neutral: I suppose everyday will now be just for in the house. One way to get around this is to make the outfits in everyday and hot/cold the same if you don't want the clothes to change. I guess this does make the everyday category more or less redundant...

I rarely dress my Sims when they stay at home, they are usually in their PJ's until they go to work
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member

I guess they'll wear their everyday outfits during temperate weather, and when they're getting dressed inside.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Yeah, I don't get it either really. Also, it looked that on the livestream they switch automatically to the cold wear whenever was raining, even in spring, that's really odd. I don't want my Sims wearing snow outfits in the middle of spring. Why not creating a rain category instead and avoid the hot weather one? Also, if with those categories they are immune to the cold and hot weather, then what's the point of having cold and hot wearher.? :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    They keep talking about texture in Seasons, there is no texture everything is 2D, the curls and fur is like it is painted, like the ball pits and the pet beds. Why do we always have to wait for the MODS or CC to get texture ?
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member

Yeah, I don't get it either really. Also, it looked that on the livestream they switch automatically to the cold wear whenever was raining, even in spring, that's really odd. I don't want my Sims wearing snow outfits in the middle of spring. Why not creating a rain category instead and avoid the hot weather one? Also, if with those categories they are immune to the cold and hot weather, then what's the point of having cold and hot wearher.? :/

Oh they change into the cold weather outfit during rain?...
    Now I'm wondering, if a sim goes jogging when it's really cold or hot, the fact that they change into their gym clothes means they'll burn or freeze to death?
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

The way I see it, the "hot weather" and "cold weather" categories protect Sims against extreme temperatures-the ones that will kill them if left unchecked. So, if it's not dangerously hot, they'll still wear their everyday attire. Same thing with cooler, but not freezing temps in fall and winter. They won't change every time they go outside if the temperature doesn't warrant it.

If you watch the part of the livestream where they're showing off the umbrellas, the dad actually changes into his everyday outfit. (They do say he's changing into a cold weather outfit, but if you look at the outfit chooser when they're setting him up to die of cold later on, you'll see the same outfit is up at the top where everyday would be while his actual cold weather outfit is down at the bottom next to his "hot" one they choose.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    vikixc wrote: »

Good point. I really don't see a point to it now :neutral: I suppose everyday will now be just for in the house. One way to get around this is to make the outfits in everyday and hot/cold the same if you don't want the clothes to change. I guess this does make the everyday category more or less redundant...

I rarely dress my Sims when they stay at home, they are usually in their PJ's until they go to work

That was my question in another thread. We already dress for summer so why a HEAT category? It dioesn't make sense. I thought it would have been a RAIN category. That way, our sims change into rain gear that we have selected automatically. Now, is rain gear supposed to be part of everyday wear?
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member

That was my question in another thread. We already dress for summer so why a HEAT category? It dioesn't make sense. I thought it would have been a RAIN category. That way, our sims change into rain gear that we have selected automatically. Now, is rain gear supposed to be part of everyday wear?

I think the wet weather clothes are going to be in the "Cold Weather" category. Oh no, this is plumb :#
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I'm here again on June 16. 6 more days until SEASONS! It's taking so long to get here! :(
  • Options

I think the wet weather clothes are going to be in the "Cold Weather" category. Oh no, this is plumb :#

I don’t think they always change seems only sometimes maybe only extremely cold or hot days.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Hi, I'm not sure if this has been answered, but does this pack allow for different climates in different locations? I would hope they wouldn't give Windenburg and Oasis Springs the same climate. Also, do we have any control over that climate? I put a bunch of palm trees in Newberg, and I'd hate to have to change that.

what is wrong with snow on Palm trees I live in Florida wish it would snow on the palm tree they are so ugly lol
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    So, the father of the family is fistfighting Father Winter in the middle of their Winterer celebration and the daughter and mum don't react to it at all whatsoever. They are just there! Smh...
    2rdzq6x.png

Also, I have to say that SimGuruEmory is hilarious!!! I'm loving his sense of humour :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.