Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they could change existing worlds they can add cars!

Now we know that they changed existing worlds for Seasons. Maybe they took advantage in this occasion to start working on cars. Everybody thought that TS4 engine couldn't handle Seasons, but they proved we were wrong! I'm pretty sure we can get cars.
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Now we know that they changed existing worlds for Seasons. Maybe they took advantage in this occasion to start working on cars. Everybody thought that TS4 engine couldn't handle Seasons, but they proved we were wrong! I'm pretty sure we can get cars.

We know they can change them since the start. They have fixed various visual bugs in the worlds since release.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They didn't change any worlds. They added skating rinks to places we could not edit. They also added food stalls to places we can't edit. That is hardly world changing.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Everybody thought that TS4 engine couldn't handle Seasons,

What? Who actually thought they would release a game that wouldn't be able to run what was historically one of their best selling expansions?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No doubt in my mind now cars are coming now its just when. If they can edit non editable areas roads are a part of that with Guru's asking us what we would like to see with cars last year they could be coming at any time.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I'm pretty sure we will get cars at some point. One of the developers asked last year what we wanted when it came to cars and Grant recently said they wanted to make sure they added gameplay with cars that made them worthwhile. They might not be working on them right now but they seem to be thinking about how they want to add them in.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    SimGuru Grant did state that cars are a possibility. Based on a tweet last month, they are brainstorming ideas for cars.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They didn't change any worlds. They added skating rinks to places we could not edit. They also added food stalls to places we can't edit. That is hardly world changing.

And pools as well.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Adding something that wasn't there is a change, isn't it?

I hope this means that Sims can eventually swim near the BB and Windenburg beaches.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    Not sure if it was Sims 2 or Sims but they can do it.
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    Forget cars, give me a motorcycle! ^^
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

And pools as well.

Since when? I have been keeping up with seasons news and nowhere have they mentioned adding pools outside of lots...
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

I hope this means that Sims can eventually swim near the BB and Windenburg beaches.

There’s a huge difference between placing objects in the public spaces, and completely redesigning the worlds to support a road system or routable water.
    SGHouts said they added objects to the public spaces because they already had to rework each world to support seasonal changes, so they would have to once again rework each world to patch in cars or ocean swimming. I don’t think it’s a very likely thing to happen.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

agreed
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018
    Destrx wrote: »
    Forget cars, give me a motorcycle! ^^

I would like all :)

including helicopters like in the sims 2 B)

Bikes and cars, boats, houseboats

flying broomstick, hoover <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Cynna wrote: »

No, it's not world changing. Adding a few objects like rinks and stalls to areas we can't edit is a far cry from making it possible to swim in oceans or drive on streets that are nothing but painted scenery.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Isn't the snow that covers everything a big change to the worlds?
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

And pools as well.

Since when? I have been keeping up with seasons news and nowhere have they mentioned adding pools outside of lots...

In the holiday gameplay trailer at 0.04 sec you can see the public lot changing from a roller skating rink and cupcakes stand in spring to a pool and lemonade stand in summer and then to a playground and applecider stand in fall which also changed to an ice rink and hot cocoa stand in winter so yeah I think @catloverplayer is right as I believe these are part of the neighborhood changes the devs are making.

I could have posted a screenshot for you but im using my mobile
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2018

And pools as well.

What Honey Pie 360 said above this post.
  • Options
    Isn't the snow that covers everything a big change to the worlds?

We are talking apples and oranges. Yes, pretty snow on the ground is a change from no snow on the ground. But I'm talking about making roads we can drive on and oceans we can swim in. One is surface stuff that's nothing more than set dressing and the other is a total redo of a world to create roads and deep oceans.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2018

And pools as well.

In the holiday gameplay trailer at 0.04 sec you can see the public lot changing from a roller skating rink and cupcakes stand in spring to a pool and lemonade stand in summer and then to a playground and applecider stand in fall which also changed to an ice rink and hot cocoa stand in winter so yeah I think @catloverplayer is right as I believe these are part of the neighborhood changes the devs are making.

I could have posted a screenshot for you but im using my mobile

Honestly it's hard to tell if it's the public space or a lot. The background makes me think newcrest but the hood I'm thinking of doesn't have public space that big and no of the others hoods have that background I think.