Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are y'all playing a lot before Seasons, or waiting until release?

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Wow! I wasn't expecting so many replies. Thank you all! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I just got Cats and Dogs and Jungle Adventure very recently. (Been disconnected for a year). Anyways at the moment I've been adding a whole lot of pets to the different household, and a ton of other stuff getting ready for Seasons. Can't wait to see the animals and the different weather elements (like them freaking out during a thunder storm) Had one of those this morning and all my cats were going nuts. lol
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I just got Cats and Dogs and Jungle Adventure very recently. (Been disconnected for a year). Anyways at the moment I've been adding a whole lot of pets to the different household, and a ton of other stuff getting ready for Seasons. Can't wait to see the animals and the different weather elements (like them freaking out during a thunder storm) Had one of those this morning and all my cats were going nuts. lol

Congrats! I feel both of those packs are amazing, as well as Parenthood and Vampires (if you like supernatural stuff). :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    Playing my legacy family and prepping their house for seasons. So flippin excited! :p
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    So much to do so little time!

-I am finishing my shopping center (i cant finish it since new year and i promissed myselfe i finish it before seasons (so with new conten ill make just few adjustments)
    -I need need find or build new house for my main sims family. I am looking for 64x64 house with huge glass patio!
    -Also i have to play with them a bit, i want to have todller and child sim in houshold for ep :D
    -For my Barbie save where i usually check new contend id like to finish salvadorada collection but this is optional ^^
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I was actually taking a break from playing when Seasons was announced. I pre-ordered it right away and was so excited about getting a save all ready for when it released. That excitement lasted all of 30 seconds when I realized that probably more than half of the CC/Mods that I use (I play with maxis match CC) will most likely need to be updated so they will actually function in my game once Seasons is installed. That was my thought when it was first was announced though so I might try prepping a save with as little CC as possible now that it's closer to release day but I'm not sure yet.

Still super excited to play it when it releases though! JUST 10 MORE DAYS! WHOO-HOO! :D:D
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm prepping my brand new save. Decided to start anew, completely vanilla since I will need to wait for mods to update anyways. But so far I'm creating new families, new townies, and plopping new builds all around each world. ALL, YES. EVERY. LAST. PRE-MADE will be getting axed. I want to see every world populated with only the sims I create and/or download from the gallery. Even the unplayed manager will be filled with non maxis families/sims that the game can generate as needed. Every world is getting a fresh new makeover....

This is really taking some time. Luckily I'm on vacation so I can afford to put the time in. I'm especially thankful to the dimming community of creators who put their builds onto the gallery.

By the time Seasons drops, all I will need to do is plop down new items such as skating rinks, toddler pools at my pools and parks, update some homes with seasons items, give some families proper outfit/clothing attire, you know, minor tweaks to add in the seasons elements. This will kill a bit more time whiles waiting for my crucial to gameplay mods to update.

ETA: I also need to give jobs and skills to certain families that I do plan to rotate.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I've been busy rebuilding my towns and replacing pre-made Sims with my own. Also doing lots of gardening skill building with three of my main Sims in preparation for the new harvestables and gardening tweaks. Had an accident at home involving a tree versus my right foot and leg on June 1st and will be in a knee-high cast until the middle of July. So I have very little mobility right now but I have all the time in world to play my game. :D I plan on taking this time to re-do all the things I have been putting off because I was always too busy. And there is so much to do before Seasons is released. Certain relationships need to progress, towns to rebuild, skilling, parks to revamp....the list goes on and on. LOL

On the one hand this sucks, but....the other hand is that you get to totally binge the sims without any guilt or thought of work or wasting time, lol. I am pretty much doing what you are with the whole towns rebuilding, and sim creations. It's a lot of work, but it is fun.

Get well soon.
  • Options
    ParkLisa97ParkLisa97 Posts: 31 Member
    I've been building a lot lately so I can have a place to put some of the upcoming objects that I can't have on my sims apartment, like the swings
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It's hard but I'm waiting until release.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I've been playing as much as usual up until today because I've reached a spot in my storytelling where I need seasons. I'm saying that my sims have lived in areas close to the equator up until now and they're moving somewhere that has more intense seasons, which explains why there won't have been any weather up until release. It's going to be pretty hard not to jump in and play though!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm currently building lots of new lots for my sims and playing one new couple I made who are planning to get married in the winter in Windenburg. It's hard though, because I keep thinking of how awesome it will be when they can celebrate holidays together and go to Granite Falls for their honeymoon during Winterfest.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m spending a lot of time making sure each of my families has lots of relationships and friends throughout town, can’t have a New Years party with no one to invite. Also, getting families up to a certain point before I leave them and updating houses a little, need room for the Xmas tree! And a big dinning table and fireplaces for winter. I m so excited.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Tonight I have been doing a little Xmas decorating at one of the cabins at Granite Falls. Plan on doing more after I see what's in the new pack.
    35201867_1018889384928023_2288738795878612992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=88f28f1b350e386519b94e36dfdcc615&oe=5BBB84DD
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Still playing as normal, but I don't get as much excitement because I know Seasons is coming..
    So I just play and when Seasons ships I plan om redoing the whole thing.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    I wanted to shake things in my game and make my female sim a single mother by sadly losing her husband but... I want him to experience the weather. Well I actually just want to see what the adult male clothing are, so for now he’s spared only for that. After a day or two, I feel a tragic accident will occur.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I took a break playing th last few days because of a friend visiting but tonight I’m back to racing to get all of my saves to a stopping point by next week. I’ll probably stop playing next Wednesday lol by then I’ll be at a Seasons stopping point.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was doing a bunch of prepping. Have a married couple, one at level 10 gardening, the other at 8 and also working on herbalism. I wanted to make sure they can make that natural spray for bugs in the garden. Once seasons comes out I was planning on stalling time for one year and playing just them and their garden.

However Grant tweeted about how it’ll be more fun to start with level 0 gardening and work your way up and now I’m doubting all my prepping, lol!!

I may start a brand new save and start over again with the same couple but not their skills. I’d also sort of like to do a rotation save with one household in each world so I can have fun with weather everywhere so I might do that too but on another save.
  • Options
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I was doing a bunch of prepping. Have a married couple, one at level 10 gardening, the other at 8 and also working on herbalism. I wanted to make sure they can make that natural spray for bugs in the garden. Once seasons comes out I was planning on stalling time for one year and playing just them and their garden.

However Grant tweeted about how it’ll be more fun to start with level 0 gardening and work your way up and now I’m doubting all my prepping, lol!!

I may start a brand new save and start over again with the same couple but not their skills. I’d also sort of like to do a rotation save with one household in each world so I can have fun with weather everywhere so I might do that too but on another save.

He tweeted about how much it'll be more fun to start with a level 0, that may be the case, but I don't think I would ever want to start all over again from 0. I've had this one sim, since she was created (cloned) about three years ago, she has over the real time years developed a very large garden.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I keep bouncing between playing and waiting. It gets so hard not to play because of the excitement and hoping to get things more ready in the worlds.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I've gotten Newcrest and the sim I'm going to play their ready and just playing my Legacy family until the pack comes out.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    I picked up the jungle and laundry pack on sale this week, so i've been playing a little more than usual. I haven't kept up with all the latest season news, but I like the idea of building relationships with people so that i can have someone to spend the holidays with :smile:
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was just setting up relationships in my new save but I noticed that my female sim is always tense when she comes home from her job. She just started a small garden. Next week, irl, they will get pregnant and after maternity leave she's going to decide that she wants to be a gardener.

So that means I'll be playing a little bit more than I planned on but less than usual
  • Options
    MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    I am prepping a game for a florist, she's been working hard getting all the flowers planted and evolved to perfection so that her florist shop will be ready to be filled with high quality blooms.
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I still play, but not as much as l normally would. I feel like knowing that Seasons is coming out, the game is super boring now. Gosh, l need snow and rain! I am prepping the game like building new houses and households, but l don't really play gameplay anymore.