Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I wonder if the secret neighborhoods where the hospital and police station and the Science Lab are will also be affected by Seasons and weather, I hope so.

So we should expect to see an increase in cases of Llama flu in the winter. ;)

No, Sims can't get ill

From the weather or in general? Cause they do :/ and I kinda hope cold will increase flu instances xD or bring new types of flus.

One of the gurus said there is no illnesses coming with this pack. I think it was Emory.

I only heard them say no allergies. But that doesn't mean that the weather can't affect illnesses for those that have Get to Work. Good time to integrate the illness system and tweak it a bit.

I think they actually scaled it back some time ago. People were complaining sims got sick too often. I know mine rarely get sick now, not sure if it's linked to a healthy lifestyle or not though. I really don't want them to be sick all the time again. I guess it's a wait and see.

I don't know. One of mine just gotten a cold recently and gotten a wish to cure it with medicine. I hadn't played the game in while (took forever to find a corrupt mod that was hidden that was messing with my game; but the problem has been fixed now).

In Sims 3, I think they got sick more often if out in the cold for too long or if around other sims that are sick. It would make sense.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I am so excited about this I just can't wait! !! :D:#
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    ZofxC0L.png

Whoops - they forgot to edit out the cursor in the trailer :joy:

Now that you mentioned it I can't unsee it anymore, I guess now its mouse on get together trailer all over again :D:D
  • Options
    Viny2511Viny2511 Posts: 1 New Member
    It sounds amazing! I hope for the bet!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EA Play starts this Saturday. Hope we get a 2nd trailer this week.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    EA Play starts this Saturday. Hope we get a 2nd trailer this week.

Hope so too! I think we will, fingers crossed
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I wish it were out already:(

-Yarden.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited June 2018
    TS1299 wrote: »
    ZofxC0L.png

Now that you mentioned it I can't unsee it anymore, I guess now its mouse on get together trailer all over again :D:D

You're welcome :joy:

Wait where was the mouse in the Get Together trailer?! :anguished:
  • Options
    Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    > @Ronnie211797 said:
    > I have seen the trailer and there was not one pet to be seen. I am guessing that there is a surprise attached to the pets that will be revealed later on. I would like to see the pets interacting with the weather.

This would be awesome to have! Dogs splashing in puddles, cats scared to walk in the snow and stuff!
  • Options
    Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    > @CrystalAbyss1 said:
    > I remember that when TS3 seasons was about to be released we got online dating in a patch for the base game. I really miss that feature and hope that they bring it back! It was so much easier finding a sim! I saw a beautiful female sim at the hospital and right as my doctor sim went to speak to her, he finished his work and it took me a whole sim week to find her again in the wild!

Totally good shout! I struggle to find nice Sims to pair up with some of my Sims.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited June 2018
    Seasons will be a welcome opportunity for me to start a new game of Sims 4 again ... long waited for this EP :)

Afterwards the only thing missing for me to be completely happy will be an University-EP
  • Options
    TulipSimsTulipSims Posts: 20 Member
    @Proteus42 Yes I would also love an University EP! But first thingst first, I'm really looking forward to Seasons!!!!!!!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2018
    TulipSims wrote: »
    @Proteus42 Yes I would also love an University EP! But first thingst first, I'm really looking forward to Seasons!!!!!!!

I'd like a general Education pack, covering everything from elementary school to high school to University. Home schooling and/or "study from home" options like the City Living careers, return of private schools including impressing the headmaster and shorter school days but a lot more homework, ability to commute to university from home or move one's family to the University world.

And then I want farm animals in a pack of some sort -- the combination of that pack plus Seasons would make a complete working farm. Add in hobbies and crafts (knitting, weaving if we get sheep, for example) and maybe a Country Fair for Sims to show their wares and win prizes and it could be a really cool pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    The_Simmer_DreamerThe_Simmer_Dreamer Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm so excited for Seasons!!! I've been wondering: can seasons make Sims sick with the sicknesses we got in Get to Work??? This would add another element of reality to the game considering that staying out in the rain too long or wearing improper clothes in the winter can make you sick in real life. I would love it if it did! <3
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm so excited for Seasons!!! I've been wondering: can seasons make Sims sick with the sicknesses we got in Get to Work??? This would add another element of reality to the game considering that staying out in the rain too long or wearing improper clothes in the winter can make you sick in real life. I would love it if it did! <3

I haven't heard if there's any more illness than we already have, but it seems odd to get so cold or hot that your sim could die but not get ill.
  • Options
    BlackStarSagaBlackStarSaga Posts: 27 Member
    Counting down the days!
    tenor.gif?itemid=4762014
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    > @CrystalAbyss1 said:
    > I remember that when TS3 seasons was about to be released we got online dating in a patch for the base game. I really miss that feature and hope that they bring it back! It was so much easier finding a sim! I saw a beautiful female sim at the hospital and right as my doctor sim went to speak to her, he finished his work and it took me a whole sim week to find her again in the wild!

Totally good shout! I struggle to find nice Sims to pair up with some of my Sims.

I hope they bring that back! I heard love day has been confirmed, so I can see it possibly coming back. We do have a patch coming up just before seasons is released (I know one free thing is everyone getting glass roofs).
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I haven't heard if there's any more illness than we already have, but it seems odd to get so cold or hot that your sim could die but not get ill.

It happens in real life. Healthy people can die of hypothermia or heat stroke if they get cold enough or hot enough without any relief.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    ZofxC0L.png

Lol! :smiley:

It's still a lovely scene (to me), though. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    > @CrystalAbyss1 said:

I hope they bring that back! I heard love day has been confirmed, so I can see it possibly coming back. We do have a patch coming up just before seasons is released (I know one free thing is everyone getting glass roofs).

Grant tweeted that he wanted the online-dating feature since City Living, but it isn't coming in Seasons. Such a bummer.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I saw message of a seasons live stream on the 15th so that will show a lot more
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    CassieSuperSimmer777CassieSuperSimmer777 Posts: 11 New Member
    I can't wait! I use my aunt's Origin account because... I forgot why but I know I use it for a reason. I don't work yet so I have no money. My aunt said it comes right after her birthday so she said she would either pre-order or buy it when it comes so when she gets it I get it right away!
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I look forward to Seasons, but I also look forward to University. PLUS Faeries....so I can have an educated faerie that can build snowmen! :P
  • Options
    CassieSuperSimmer777CassieSuperSimmer777 Posts: 11 New Member
    Legit how I played sims 3 XD
  • Options
    Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    I am from Australia and our christmas is in the summer would i be able to change that to make it like that in the sims?