Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official- No hail this time

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I always disabled hail in the game, so it isn't a big deal for me, but I feel for those that wanted it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Wow, did they really say that they focused the most on summer? If so that's kinda disappointing. I know the pack is being released in the summer and all, but the basegame is basically eternal summer.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

Hail didn’t do anything in previous games except add a new death type and had sims react to the hail by being pelted by it. Hail didn’t really do anything in previous games so they probably left it out this time because they probably didn’t think it was necessary. They saved that little extra time and resources they would’ve spent on hail and adding proper reactions to hail to make other parts of the pack more detailed.

Hail wasn’t that big of a deal. Snow depth wasn’t that big of a deal. Yet, all of these “no big deal” omissions are starting to add up.

My question remains, and I mean this in the most non-toxic/bashing way, what are they spending their resources on over these basic weather effects? I really hope we find the answer soon.
    This. Some people are even saying they don’t have it where they live, honestly that’s not a valid argument. People keep saying to spend their resources else where, but at this point what are they? At some point, “spending resources elsewhere” just isn’t good enough.

I want to know where the resources went.

Also I rarely get hail and never snow here and I want those in sims because sims is a game. If I only did real stuff on my game I guess I'd have to get rid of a lot including vampires.

And what's the problem with options? Options mean people that don't want it don't get it while the rest can enjoy it without having to spend $20 on a vacation pack then $20 for hail and let's not forget a part of fall is in another pack for $10
    It's weird, EA seems to really be against gameplay options this time around. I remember TS3 had a toggle for close to every weather effect, moon cycle, life state, age sliders, etc. I feel like some checkboxes would be a fair middle ground.

Here is the tweet.

It says winter is great the team invested a lot in summer. If the kiddie pool is why we have no jail or snow or suntan....

I loved the options. I always activated everything because I love everything.

I wonder what Summer brings this time? Seasons has always focused more on Autumn and Winter because they are the new world states and are more distinct.

But there has to be more than water balloon fights, sprinklers and kiddie pools.

I was hoping pools would get a major gameplay boost with this EP but I don't think there are any new pool objects or interactions. Like marco polo from TS2, underwater breathing contests and pool floats like on TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    @loutredor It can be a disaster for crop farmers. Maybe it could fit in a Farming pack, as a bonus feature for people who also have Seasons.

That's a good idea, actually! I would fit better in a farming pack than in a disaster pack, and I could see it happen.

@hmae123 I was thinking more international news but I understand it is important still.
    I still think it is not specific to hail though, because it would have the same types of consequences in any case of violent storm, which can also be damaging and dangerous.

That makes sense and yes a farm pack would work well with hail. Id love a farm pack btw. Would be a nice addition to this iteration.

Speaking of the utopia world sims 4 is is sort of reminds me of into the future from sims 3. It’s kind of like this is the perfect future from that game.
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Also, I have heard sims do not get sunburned anymore? I'm a pale pasty freckled person and sunburns were part of my childhood! Sunburns remind me of the nice pleasant beach days I would spend with my mother when I was a small child. To think that my sims will not experience such an integral part of beach going is very saddening to me. I cannot relate to my sims as much now. It feels wrong.

I wouldn't rule out the potential of sunburn/tanning being added in eventually. Getting sunburn/sun tan was not a part of Sims 3 Seasons either. They didn't add it until IP.

Not mean with you but I noticed that for TS4 players always find the excuse ''they didn't do that in TS3''. I just want to clarify : It's not because TS3 didn't make something that TS4 shouldn't too. Games are supposed to evolve and not regress. I think TS4 is one of the only game on earth to regress instead of evolve.

I disagree with this. It's evolved, just not in the specific way that you would prefer. And I'm sorry for that, but for a lot of people, myself included, Sims 4 is an enjoyable game with a lot of enjoyable features. it's the only version of Sims I've been able to play without CC or mods, and not get bored after a short amount of time.

And "they didn't do that in TS3" is rarely an excuse. it's usually a frustrated response to people bringing up stuff that was in Sims 3 that either won't be added to TS4, or just hasn't been added yet. The sims 4 is not the same game as The Sims 3! I loved the Sims 3, occassionally still play it, but I view TS4 as a completely different game, and that helps me view the newly released content in isolation, which means I don't get frustrated when Sims 4 doesn't have things like deep snow or hail. From my point of view, it never had them, so why would I miss them?

Agree to disagree. Sims 4 never got pools, yet we missed them and after 2 month (if my memory still works), at the community request, we got them. Sims 4 did not get toddlers. No pets. So you're saying that you did not miss anything from that because they were never there from the beginning? We had no vampires, ghosts, festivals, etc and yet they are here. Why? Because for some of us, previous Sims games were more complete then Sims 4 (honestly I never used cc or mods in Sims3, cause I could create almost everything I wanted through CAS). Laundry - there was a whole community involved in this pack - was it new to the franchise? Don't think so.
    Don't call people frustrated just because you do not agree. We are all entitled to our opinion, cause we vote. With our wallet in this case.

First of all, I really doubt that pools were added at the community request. I'm pretty sure they were planning anyway, but for some reason, someone who's high in the hierarchy decided to release the game without pools. I'm not saying that it was smart decision, I just feel it happen too soon to believe that they weren't working on it already. I've got similar feeeling about the toddlers, to be honest.
    Secondly, there's a diffrence between having expectation about the game and comparing. You don't have to compare TS4 to TS3 to have some ideas what to add to the game.

You're probably right about pools, they came like 2 month after release. On toddlers, I am not so sure.
    On what it concerns me, just me: playing Sims3 Seasons and having it in Sims4 as well, I expect all from Sims3 and something on top :)
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hail seems like such a minor weather phenomenon to me. Yes it does hail where I live IRL but infrequently, and typically only for a few minutes.

Edited to add: After reviewing hail on Wiki, I think it's not even hail where I live, but "ice pellets." Interesting to note there is a difference.

I wouldn't have even noticed it was missing unless it was pointed out. So not a problem for me personally.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's looking like a lot of weather patterns are a minor phenomenon to Sims 4 Seasons
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Also, I have heard sims do not get sunburned anymore? I'm a pale pasty freckled person and sunburns were part of my childhood! Sunburns remind me of the nice pleasant beach days I would spend with my mother when I was a small child. To think that my sims will not experience such an integral part of beach going is very saddening to me. I cannot relate to my sims as much now. It feels wrong.

I wouldn't rule out the potential of sunburn/tanning being added in eventually. Getting sunburn/sun tan was not a part of Sims 3 Seasons either. They didn't add it until IP.

Not mean with you but I noticed that for TS4 players always find the excuse ''they didn't do that in TS3''. I just want to clarify : It's not because TS3 didn't make something that TS4 shouldn't too. Games are supposed to evolve and not regress. I think TS4 is one of the only game on earth to regress instead of evolve.

I disagree with this. It's evolved, just not in the specific way that you would prefer. And I'm sorry for that, but for a lot of people, myself included, Sims 4 is an enjoyable game with a lot of enjoyable features. it's the only version of Sims I've been able to play without CC or mods, and not get bored after a short amount of time.

And "they didn't do that in TS3" is rarely an excuse. it's usually a frustrated response to people bringing up stuff that was in Sims 3 that either won't be added to TS4, or just hasn't been added yet. The sims 4 is not the same game as The Sims 3! I loved the Sims 3, occassionally still play it, but I view TS4 as a completely different game, and that helps me view the newly released content in isolation, which means I don't get frustrated when Sims 4 doesn't have things like deep snow or hail. From my point of view, it never had them, so why would I miss them?

Agree to disagree. Sims 4 never got pools, yet we missed them and after 2 month (if my memory still works), at the community request, we got them. Sims 4 did not get toddlers. No pets. So you're saying that you did not miss anything from that because they were never there from the beginning? We had no vampires, ghosts, festivals, etc and yet they are here. Why? Because for some of us, previous Sims games were more complete then Sims 4 (honestly I never used cc or mods in Sims3, cause I could create almost everything I wanted through CAS). Laundry - there was a whole community involved in this pack - was it new to the franchise? Don't think so.
    Don't call people frustrated just because you do not agree. We are all entitled to our opinion, cause we vote. With our wallet in this case.

First of all, I really doubt that pools were added at the community request. I'm pretty sure they were planning anyway, but for some reason, someone who's high in the hierarchy decided to release the game without pools. I'm not saying that it was smart decision, I just feel it happen too soon to believe that they weren't working on it already. I've got similar feeeling about the toddlers, to be honest.
    Secondly, there's a diffrence between having expectation about the game and comparing. You don't have to compare TS4 to TS3 to have some ideas what to add to the game.

You're probably right about pools, they came like 2 month after release. On toddlers, I am not so sure.
    On what it concerns me, just me: playing Sims3 Seasons and having it in Sims4 as well, I expect all from Sims3 and something on top :)

I am pretty sure they also planned toddler for a long time as well. I remember a few years back before toddlers were patched in that people found hidden coding in the game for them. I think some stuff were always planned, they just weren't ready during launch.

As for Sims 4, I don't expect more then other games as that makes no sense as that is never how sims worked unless it was to make up for something else. I do expect basic weather that has been improved on and maybe something done a bit differently/new. I do like the return of Santa as I missed that from Sims 2 (just hope he won't be as annoying as Sims 2 Santa as for some reason, Santa spent hours in the bathroom. LOL guess too much milk and cookies).
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »

I am pretty sure they also planned toddler for a long time as well. I remember a few years back before toddlers were patched in that people found hidden coding in the game for them. I think some stuff were always planned, they just weren't ready during launch.

As for Sims 4, I don't expect more then other games as that makes no sense as that is never how sims worked unless it was to make up for something else. I do expect basic weather that has been improved on and maybe something done a bit differently/new. I do like the return of Santa as I missed that from Sims 2 (just hope he won't be as annoying as Sims 2 Santa as for some reason, Santa spent hours in the bathroom. LOL guess too much milk and cookies).

I have to disagree. For me sims 3 did exactly that. It took the best parts of sims 2 and then pushed the limits.
    Seasons to me is a great example. It took basic weather and made it dynamic, one season would roll into the following and this happened in the whole world, they added storms and weather slowly starts and stops. Clouds move in and get dark before it rains. They also added a bunch of new activities and aliens which to me were great. So it is natural for people to expect the basic weather types being one upped and some new things. I'm not very impressed by sprinklers and swings but that's just me. Hoping for more summer sports and pool accessories.

Yes I know we haven't seen everything yet but I doubt they are hiding all the fun stuff.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

I have to disagree. For me sims 3 did exactly that. It took the best parts of sims 2 and then pushed the limits.
    Seasons to me is a great example. It took basic weather and made it dynamic, one season would roll into the following and this happened in the whole world, they added storms and weather slowly starts and stops. Clouds move in and get dark before it rains. They also added a bunch of new activities and aliens which to me were great. So it is natural for people to expect the basic weather types being one upped and some new things. I'm not very impressed by sprinklers and swings but that's just me. Hoping for more summer sports and pool accessories.

Yes I know we haven't seen everything yet but I doubt they are hiding all the fun stuff.

Pushing the limits also came with a price-bugs and often crashes. Also It was missing things that Sims 2 had. No Santa that would visit, No social bunny, etc....so as I said, it didn't have everything either. I also noticed they they weren't as animated as sims in Sims 2. Sims 2, children would always run out to see their parents when they came home from work, that one elderly lady would react by hitting sims with her purse if she caught them woohooing in public, one sim got tired waiting in line for so long (I think he was buying some food) and threw a bag down and basically had a temper tantrum. I hadn't see much improvement like that in Sims 3. There was an open world where places were often empty, it was laggy, etc...

People also wanted everything in the base game, which is sort of ridiculous and an unrealistic expectation. They want everything now, for free/cheap or without a cost/sacrifice of some kind as if everything was magically perfect.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2018
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    They're always saying they're waiting for the perfect pack to fit something in.

How is Hail not fitting into a pack with weather in it?!

just because something fits doesn't mean its a good choice they can only put so much in one pack
    I'd usually agree but the exclusions don't make a lot of sense most of the time. All it does is confirm how small is their budget for The Sims 4 despite EA not being too low on money...

I have to agree how much are they putting into an budget for an EP that is supposely to be pulling in so much money and nobody here has access to EA/Maxis Excel spread sheets to say what thier budget is, so all we can do is speculate, Ormi147 this not directed at you. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    My vote is on more defined features and toddler clothes can come in an SP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Pushing the limits also came with a price-bugs and often crashes. Also It was missing things that Sims 2 had. No Santa that would visit, No social bunny, etc....so as I said, it didn't have everything either. I also noticed they they weren't as animated as sims in Sims 2. Sims 2, children would always run out to see their parents when they came home from work, that one elderly lady would react by hitting sims with her purse if she caught them woohooing in public, one sim got tired waiting in line for so long (I think he was buying some food) and threw a bag down and basically had a temper tantrum. I hadn't see much improvement like that in Sims 3. There was an open world where places were often empty, it was laggy, etc...

People also wanted everything in the base game, which is sort of ridiculous and an unrealistic expectation. They want everything now, for free/cheap or without a cost/sacrifice of some kind as if everything was magically perfect.

Depends on well your system was and I can say I have over 5 systems and they ran Sims 3 well unless there was errors done by the developer and there was quite an few of them. So what some got here now is an version of Sims that lacks many features but hey it runs and that is all it can do. However, Sims 3 did not run badly for every one. You can only speak for yourself for some people wanted an program that had quality and not quantity and feel there should have been some features included with the base game being the base game was for me was boring and I could not play over an hour at an time and as you might and some may think different but I am quite sure that some did find Sims 4 boring and it was like where is the features? being they cut almost every worthwhile feature.

Another thing I do not believe some wanted Sims 4 to be perfect they just wanted to have fun and at that time again it was not there for some. Sims 4 for me may improved a little but it still is the watered down version it will always be until it production has ended and there is nothing ridiculous in wanting the best in an game. If anything I sacrificed a lot buying this game and expecting my systems to get the most out of it and again while it improved it does not do anything for me. Sims 4 does have bugs and lags for some as well and one more thing Sims 4 has done the time warp dance back to the future and brought back loading screens for which I give a care on how short they are they cause me to lose immersion.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options

I often say this but the weirdest thing is I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't have much of a problem with bugs or lag or crashing. Even on two old laptops with 2gb ram.

I guess they are a little robotic but I still enjoy their animations. Sims 2 was epic but I think sims 3 my kids would also greet their parents.

I feel sims 4 skipped right over kids. They can't play with each others, they have that awful giant jungle gym and the bars. They are getting swings no at least but if be ecstatic of they got more children interactions like tag. All they can do is talk and I have to force mine to play with their toys, they always just run straight to the tv or start talking to someone.

Sims 4 sims have smoother animations than 3 but they've also cut a lot of corners. Something I feel silly about noticing but it annoys me is the animation for scooping poop from the litter box is the same as picking up dishes. In 3 they get down with a poop scoop and put it in a brown little bag.

Sims 2 honestly has the sims with the most personality and reaction but 3 didn't water it down too much for me. I mean my sim's exgf's mother wouldn't stop flirting with him. His daughter got upset with her and the cat pounced her while her mermaid mother was on the floor from dehydration.

In sims 2 don fought with mortimer, Alexander saw it and run up the stairs crying then kicked the air.

I haven't had an experience like this in sims 4 and I've had a lot of sim children.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Depends on well your system was and I can say I have over 5 systems and they ran Sims 3 well unless there was errors done by the developer and there was quite an few of them. So what we got here now is an version of Sims that lacks many features but hey it runs and that is all it can do. However, sims 3 did not run badly for every one.

Sims 4 has unexplainable fps drops for many on high end systems. For me it run 50-60fps on ultra and then out of nowhere will drop to 10-20 while focusing on a chair. I lowered all my setting to the lowest and still got the exact same problem.

I posted about it and many people had the same issue.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Depends on well your system was and I can say I have over 5 systems and they ran Sims 3 well unless there was errors done by the developer and there was quite an few of them. So what we got here now is an version of Sims that lacks many features but hey it runs and that is all it can do. However, sims 3 did not run badly for every one.

Sims 4 has unexplainable fps drops for many on high end systems. For me it run 50-60fps on ultra and then out of nowhere will drop to 10-20 while focusing on a chair. I lowered all my setting to the lowest and still got the exact same problem.

Yes, I experienced that and it is happening in Sims 4 as well but it was something that the team may have never figured out on how to correct it and it never bothered me as much, for the better the card the better the experience for me and even though it was very brief I had still had a good time in Sims 3 unless the errors was caused by developmental issues as it was with the Ambitions bug and IP and even with an 980 and an 680 which I was using at that time the lag was brief and the routing was terrible and I do not use mods so I moved my Sims out as fast as I moved them in and the house they left was not even cold yet. :) No, Sim 3 was not perfect but I still enjoyed it for what it was worth But honestly Sims 3 still can't beat the fun I had with Sims 2.
  • Options

Yes, I experienced that and it is happening in Sims 4 as well but it was something that the Team never figured out on how to correct it and it never bothered me as much for the better the card and even though it was very brief I had still had a good time in SIms 3 unless the errors was caused by developmental issues as it was with the Ambitions bug and IP and even with an 980 and an 680 which I was using at that time the lag was brief and the routing was terrible and I do not use mods so I moved my Sims out as fast as I moved them in and the house they left was not even cold yet. :) No, Sim 3 was not perfect but I still enjoyed it for what it was worth But honestly Sims 3 still can't beat the fun I had with Sims 2.

It only bothered me because my game would get weirdly slow for a bit for no reason. I've learned to live with it now.

I'd definitely recommend mods for sims 3, because EA never coded in to remove old cars and things like that it would build up in the game and cause lag. I had one perfect game in UP on my bad laptop and never again.

Sims 2 is definitely a game in its one league. I played it once about 2 years ago for 2 days straight when the Internet went down. I just dislike that uni takes forever and the no story progression thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Yes, I experienced that and it is happening in Sims 4 as well but it was something that the Team never figured out on how to correct it and it never bothered me as much for the better the card and even though it was very brief I had still had a good time in SIms 3 unless the errors was caused by developmental issues as it was with the Ambitions bug and IP and even with an 980 and an 680 which I was using at that time the lag was brief and the routing was terrible and I do not use mods so I moved my Sims out as fast as I moved them in and the house they left was not even cold yet. :) No, Sim 3 was not perfect but I still enjoyed it for what it was worth But honestly Sims 3 still can't beat the fun I had with Sims 2.

It only bothered me because my game would get weirdly slow for a bit for no reason. I've learned to live with it now.

I'd definitely recommend mods for sims 3, because EA never coded in to remove old cars and things like that it would build up in the game and cause lag. I had one perfect game in UP on my bad laptop and never again.

Sims 2 is definitely a game in its one league. I played it once about 2 years ago for 2 days straight when the Internet went down. I just dislike that uni takes forever and the no story progression thing.

I forgot the lag in China and even with what I was playing with the lag killed my enjoyment in China and they never fixed it and I liked China too, the other places was fine except China. I hated Uni in Sims 2 at first but had to cheat a little bit because my Sims would tire out a lot and forget the coffee when the effects was over it was lights out for my sims until I got into an rhythm figured out an plan and then the fun started. :) However while I feel this Seasons may not be for me, I hope it really is for those who want it.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

What I don't get is people saying "Oh good I don't want hail in my game or good because I don't want scary weather in my game". Do people not realize that severe weather is simply a part of life rather you like it or not. We get hail, heavy winds, thunderstorms cause that's part of life. So for people to say they don't want scary weather in their game well your going to have to deal with it in real life eventually which is even worst so I don't understand the problem here or do people not know what seasons means. Seasons is about different types of weather and climate throughout the "you guessed it" "seasons"! And even so in the past there were ways to turn this off which should have been an option this time but in usual "The Sims 4" sense it's either take what we give you or go home. Choices were never heavy for the player in this latest installment and seasons is no exception.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

What I don't get is people saying "Oh good I don't want hail in my game or good because I don't want scary weather in my game". Do people not realize that severe weather is simply a part of life rather you like it or not. We get hail, heavy winds, thunderstorms cause that's part of life. So for people to say they don't want scary weather in their game well your going to have to deal with it in real life eventually which is even worst so I don't understand the problem here or do people not know what seasons means. Seasons is about different types of weather and climate throughout the "you guessed it" "seasons"! And even so in the past there were ways to turn this off which should have been an option this time but in usual "The Sims 4" sense it's either take what we give you or go home. Choices were never heavy for the player in this latest installment and seasons is no exception.

This is exactly how I feel. Nobody's saying you should LIKE being struck by lightning but they're asking for it anyway. So why give Hail a free pass? I don't like hail. One time it made my mom's car insurance go up. But if we're going to do realistic, why not do realistic?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GenSimGenSim Posts: 14 New Member
    I really don't mind, I'm looking forward to all of the other awesome things we're getting!
  • Options
    I agree with above, I guess I prefer my sims game to represent the good and bad of life or life looses meaning, even in sims 4. There is just about no danger which makes me care less about my sims' little lives. The more realistic trauma they experience the better you can connect with them, otherwise the game end up like sims 4 is to me and I don't care if I cause random sims to die.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

If someone on the team said that they're waiting for the right time to include hail, I bet good money that there's going to be some kind of disaster pack in the series' future?

Anyone taking bets that deep snow will suddenly look fine enough to be published by then?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

If someone on the team said that they're waiting for the right time to include hail, I bet good money that there's going to be some kind of disaster pack in the series' future?

Anyone taking bets that deep snow will suddenly look fine enough to be published by then?

That would annoy me such much if they make a disaster pack with deep snow
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hail isn't a disaster - or at least it's not what people consider as a disaster, its effects being fleeting. Disasters are earthquakes, volcanos, forest fires, meteor strikes and tsunamis. Hail, even when it's bad, is still just weather.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.