Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hate the feel or sound

kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
So this might be a bit of a weird thread but I was just in the kitchen while my boyfriend was going through the freezer and Omg I hate the sound of freezer ice!

I know some people hate the sound or feel of something, so what are some of the things you hate?

Obviously mine is the sound of freezer ice but I hate the feel of velvet too, both make me feel physically sick. My sister hates the sound of polystyrene. I don't know if there is a name for this type of thing. :D

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Kind of sounds like misophonia. I have that. I absolutely hate the sounds of people eating. Lips smacking, flatware banging against dishes. Makes me wrathful. :angry:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Plastic bags and wrap, especially if they're we.t Spongues squeaking across wet plates actually make me shudder.
    image.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    sneezing, sniffling, coughing, nose blowing, chewing, burping, gargling, and "mouth noises" aka the sound of spit shifting around when people speak (looking at you asmr people).
    i don't have issues with any textures.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep, sounds like misophonia. I have that and a lot of things set it off.

The sound of people chewing. Slurping drink/food. Whispering in a spitty sounding whisper. Basically, I don't want to hear saliva sloshing around people's mouths, so disgusting. I'll actually remove myself from a room if any of this is going on because it just makes me so unbelievably angry. Eating out can be fun too, 'cause I don't want to just like leave in the middle of a meal, but if somebody is chewing loudly at another table I can't finish my meal because I'm too grossed out, I don't want to talk to my dining companions because I'm just stewing in anger, so I just sit in misery.

There are loads of other sounds too, but mouth sounds are the worst.

Feel... yarn. I HATE the feeling of it on my fingertips. HATE it. UGGGHHHHH my fingers feel gross whenever I just think about yarn. It's awful too 'cause I love to crochet, but I have to be careful how I hold the yarn. If it doesn't touch the tips of my fingers it's fine the second it does it's game over, I'll feel gross for quite a while.
  • Options
    VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    I really hate the feeling of chalk!
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Freezer ice, eh? I hate the sound and vibrations you get in your head when you crush ice cubes or icicles with your teeth. Ever tried that?

And I hate the feeling of having something really dry in my mouth, like a towel. Not that I chew on towels that often. :blush: Oh, and low-rise trousers are so uncomfortable to my hips. And knee socks that refuse to stay up!
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nail scrape blackboard noise and similar noise, it likes many sharp blades with strong poison prickling my brain and bone marrow heavily! I heard most people can't stand it.

And chew chicken cartilage noise. My cartilage will feel hurt when heard it.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,672 Member
    VenessaVee wrote: »
    I really hate the feeling of chalk!

Me! too! This's a description with noise!
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    My sister hates the sound of polystyrene. I don't know if there is a name for this type of thing. :D

That's mine, as well. Styrofoam rubbing against anything, especially having to pull it out of cardboard boxes, nearly makes me cringe.

Feel: Always hated biting/chewing on those gross Lucky Charms marshmallows. Actually kind of felt like I was chewing on sugary styrofoam. Can't stand that cereal.
  • Options
    ^ Oh, you have styrophobia :open_mouth: I know it sounds rhinoceros, but I'm cereal! It's a real word! :open_mouth:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    ^ Oh, you have styrophobia :open_mouth: I know it sounds rhinoceros, but I'm cereal! It's a real word! :open_mouth:

What's that like?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I hate it when people suck their teeth, like after they have eaten or something. My mom does it and it drives me crazy. Lol
  • Options
    Cororon wrote: »

What's that like?

Fibrous :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can't eat a peach without peeling it first. The feel of that fuzz on my teeth and tongue gives me the willies! *shivers* The sound of TS4 babies crying grates on my nerves. I always mute my game when they're fussing. Lastly, any kind of drilling sound makes me anxious, especially a dentist's drill. I had a bad experience as a child with a certain dentist, so the sound triggers that memory. o.O
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    The horrifying noise of two inflated balloons rubbing against each other. That's enough to drive me bananas.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I don't like the sound of a spade scratching on concrete, or someone sanding something. I do not like the texture of mash, makes me gag bleh :p
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    well aside from 'scratching' certain things like when the chalk gets stuck on a board and squeaks I hate when people correct themselves midsentence with a random high pitched noise or a raspberry (that pfffft noise) instead of just pausing. Might sound weird...I know because it is we're having a conversation I can wait for you to figure out what you want to say.

I'm an odd noodle I know.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited June 2018
    Neighborhood kids that let out blood-curdling screams for no apparent reason.