Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did you get subscribers for your channel?

Hi! I've recently started a Youtube channel and I was just wondering if I could get some advice from other Youtubers on how you got subscribers for your channel. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you want to check out my channel where I post videos of my Decades Challenge, Speed Builds, and Not So Berry Challenge...that would be even more appreciated! Who knows...you might like it. Sometimes I think I'm hilarious.. so it's worth checking out haha. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    keep uploading videos on a daily basis. If you have social media promote your channel on there. Try to get friends to view your content. Encourage them to share your video with other friends. Make an eye-catching thumbnail and an eye-catching title. Youtube has been constantly changing its view policies lately.

So it will be a bit of a challenge to nab views and gain subscribers if you're a small channel or just starting start out. Do not let the small views or little subscribe counts get to you, this is again due to youtube's new way of how videos are to be searched. Good luck!
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I'd also say make a Twitch and stream on there occasionally too, and you can mention your YouTube channel to people watching. And as said above, using things like Twitter or Tumblr to promote your brand helps too. (My advice is, just don't go overboard with it. I've seen YouTubers where every ten seconds they're referencing their other social media, and it distracts from what you're actually trying to do, which is play the game.)
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Perhaps keep start and keep an updated thread in the creative corner of this site? Lots of people go there. It can take a long time to build a base so don't get discouraged.

Coming from someone who subscribes to a lot of Sims 4 channels I can you tell you what I like. I like, as suggested, when they stream live on Twitch. I like to watch speed builds and make overs. That being said I also like to watch people having fun with their game, trying out all the game play options.
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    Thank-you so much for all the advice! I really appreciate it. I will check out the creative corner...and I won't be giving up on my channel! It's hard not to get discouraged but I just enjoy it so much