Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what holidays are you creating in your saves?

Comments

• Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited June 2018
    Calan Gaeaf. I'm Welsh so having a Welsh festival is necessary since all of my played Sims are too - Well, the vast majority of them are anyway. It's basically our version of Samhain (Celebration of beginning of Winter starting from the very end of Aug/Halloween night or the 1st of Nov.)

Though it's also more than just a Winter celebration. Nos Calan Gaeaf is the night before and people believe that spirits gather in well, common ghostly places like graveyards, due to it being the darkest part of the year/transition phase between Autumn and Winter. So if possible (if it's an option when making a holiday) I want to try get as many Sim ghosts around as I can for it.

And I'm going to make my families bake lots of bread. 'Cause it seems that is the base of most Welsh dishes where I live. :D

I thought this would be much more fun than the commonplace Welsh celebration that everybody knows to be St. David's Day. Plus, I've always seen that as much more catered for dressing up children.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Tentative list as I keep changing it.

HOLIDAYS (days into season 7-14-21)

J-F-M Winter
    New Year’s – party at home or go out
    Love Day (Valentines) – chocolate cake, hot chocolate
    St. Patrick’s Day – Irish food and drink, decorate green

A-M-J Spring
    Easter (Egg Day) – eggs, gifts
    Mother’s Day – eat out in restaurant
    Midsummer – dancing, go out

J-A-S Summer
    Fireworks Day – fireworks at home or outside
    Block Party – invite nbors over, serve favorite drinks
    Oktoberfest – beer and sausages

O-N-D Fall
    Thanksgiving (Harvestfest) – special meal at home
    Halloween – costumes
    Christmas (Winterfest) – gifts, special meal at home
  • Options
    CBroxCBrox Posts: 415 Member
    Dia de los Reyes (Three Kings’ Day), Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), and the typical US holidays: Christmas, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s/Father’s Day, etc. :smile:

oh yay and cinco de mayo!! lol. #mexico
  • Options
    BrookeSimsBrookeSims Posts: 40 Member
    I am going to make a Brooke Day in all my saves. It will be like a founders day for the towns that everyone celebrates the day the towns were founded and created xD
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I want to try to create Ramadan and Eid for my Muslim families
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My holidays are going to be based on the ones in the Stardew Valley game:

In spring: Egg Hunt Day (fingers crossed that I'll be able to do this). Children look for eggs, and there's a visit from a giant bunny.
    Spring Dance. In the park. Dance groups and couples show off their stuff.

In summer: Beach luau. An outdoor grilling fest. The governor probably won't show up, but Mayor Lewis will be on hand.
    Dance of the Moolight Jellies. Nothing comparable. Might make it Nature Day or something.

In fall: Harvest Festival. Time to show off crops, crafts, and music skills.
    Spooky Day. Pumpkin carving. Costumes. Treats from a tricky bowl.

In winter: Winter Fun Day. Snowman making. Ice skating. Cocoa drinking.
    Feast of the Winter Star. Tree decorating. Gift giving. Lots of food.

I don't know how many holidays we'll be allowed per season, and it's possible that we'll get more activities than what I've listed here. I'm looking forward to sending my Sims to more festivals, too. Recently they've all been busy raising toddlers.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Some food Holidays: Ice Cream Day, Pancakes Day, Burger Day... maybe Pizza Day?
    I'm also thinking about creating Star Wars Day (of course on May the 4th ;)).
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've just finished a uni module aimed at increasing one's intercultural awareness and the issues that different groups of people can face within society, and it gave me a great idea for a sims holiday:
    Cultural Diversity Day!

I've always loved how sims don't discriminate against other sims just because another sim happens to be LGBT, or black, or Muslim, or has loads of tattoos, or cross-dresses or is a vampire etc;
    The lack of prejudice is beautiful, and I want to celebrate that in my game so, Cultural Diversity Day.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No love for St Georges Day?
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Definitely Halloween and I was also thinking Gnome Day (or something revolving around a classic item in the sims.. will have to snoop through Build/Buy). I also love the idea of Pancakes Day (after Eliza and Bob) and Color Day that I saw in here, which I might steal.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'd love to have a holiday where Bob Pancakes can dress up as a stack of pancakes. That costume needs to exist.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2018
    These will be the holidays my sims celebrate.

Fall
    Remembrance Day (Beginning of fall) - A day to remember the dead. I'm not sure how I'll implement this yet until I see what kind of options we have.
    Spooky day (Middle Autumn - Halloween) A day sims will dress in costumes and decorate their house with spooky decor. Invite family and friends over for a scary party.
    Turkey Day (Late Autumn - Thanksgiving) Will invite family over to eat all kinds of good food (lots of turkey) and watch the sports channel.

Winter
    Winter Fest (Early Winter - Christmas) Leading up to this day they will decorate the tree and leave cookies out for Santa. Will open gifts with family and spend the day doing outdoor activities with their family.
    New Years (Middle of Winter) Will throw a party and celebrate a new year with family and friends while watching the countdown.
    Creation Day (Sime 1 came out- End of Winter) Kind of like a big birthday party for all sims without gifts. They spend time with family and friends and eat cake while decorating the house in balloons and streamers. Lots of different desserts to choose from too!

Spring
    Love Day (Early Spring- Valentines Day) Sims will surprise their loves with flowers and gifts and take them out for a nice dinner and maybe end with woohoo.
    Egg Day (Middle Spring- Easter) Sim children will anxiously await the Bunny to come and give them gifts and they will search for eggs in the yard. (not sure if we have a bunny npc or not or egg hunts so this may change) Maybe decorate eggs and eat eggs.
    Lucky/Green Day (End of Spring - St. Patrick's day for Sims) Sims will dress in green and wear funny outfits and adults will drink and be silly.

Summer
    Prank Day (Early Summer - April Fools) All sims will have fun pranking each other and doing some sort of mischief.
    Parent's day (Middle Summer- Mother and Father's day together) A day when sims will honor their parents by inviting them over or to the park to cook out (usually hot dogs and hamburgers). They may also give their parents gifts.
    Freezer Bunny Day (Late Summer- replacement for 4th of July) They will eat ice cream, play in the pool, cookout, and go see the fireworks. It's a special celebration for all sims.

I play with aging off so I was going to have each season last about ten days with 3 holidays in each season, but this may change after playing the game and getting a feel for the holidays. I may change it to two holidays per season.

(Edit: I changed the name of bunny day to egg day because it was similar to freezer bunny day)

Post edited by auroraael14 on
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I just wanna know whats the difference between a custom holiday gathering and a club gathering :|

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    Weinerfest - dress as hot dogs, eat hot dogs and woohoo!
    Pancakes Day - a day to celebrate Bob and Eliza and eat pancakes!

Sounded innocent until the woohoo activity, now the holiday has a whole other meaning. But at least you didn't call it Sausage fest....
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Maybe not a holiday; but I wonder with gift giving and calendars if we can sort of create bachelor parties, planned wedding (were they can go on a honeymoon after that like schedule it for the next day to go to a vacation destination. We really need more Vacation worlds...like a beach one) and baby showers?
  • Options
    josephinexojosephinexo Posts: 9 New Member
    These are all so creative, I'm definitely going to have to use some of these!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Regarding Holidays I hope they do a livestream just on the holidays. I want to see what kind of buy build stuff is coming with each holiday especially Love Day which we haven't seen yet but it's been confirmed.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Earth Day - I'll have my Sims plant trees on their lots and/or travel to all the different parks and plant one there.
    Elder Appreciation Day - My take on Grandparents Day only for all elders. Give gifts to random elders on the street, in parks, etc. Have a party for any elders in my families and/or take them out to a restaurant.
    Purple Day (My favorite color) - Everybody will dress in purple clothing, homes will be decorated in purple objects and maybe only eat purple food. Might forgo that last part since they'd end up eating mostly lots of grapes and blackberries. lol
    Freezer Bunny Day - Absolutely LOVE that idea!
    Llama Day - Why let the Bunny have all the fun? Llamas are important too eh?
    Plant Sim Day - You guessed it, everybody in all of Simland will be a Plant Sim for the day and the Sims I control will only eat vegetarian dishes.
    Kids Day - Spend the entire day doing things with your kids, take them to the park, read them stories, play games with them, give them gifts, watch movies with them, have cake & ice cream, etc. Could include toddlers too.
    Springfest, Summerfest, Fallfest, Winterfest - Celebrate the first day of each season with appropriate activities.
    Age of Aquarius - Celebrate the water bearer zodiac sign with water activities such as; swimming, diving, fishing, water balloon fights, water slides, and hot tubbing. Have bar drinks, but only water! Encourage Sims to indulge themselves in their love of getting water to drink from sinks. Basically anything and everything to do with water! This day will be celebrated on my own birthday, February 5th! :)
    Boho/Hippie Day - Dress up as Hippies and go barefoot, grow your hair long and straight, men will grow beards, decorate homes in a Boho/Hippie theme, have a day of free love for all, if I had the bubble blower, they'd use that, dance around a firepit and sit on those puffball seats, play the guitar and tell stories, give and get massages, do yoga and meditate, give a flower to a friend, no fighting, etc., all day will be dedicated to peace, love and acceptance. Namaste!

That's all the custom ones that come to mind at the moment, probably think of others later. Well, Earth Day isn't really custom, it's a real holiday such as the other ones I'll have in my game like...

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Valentine's, Easter, April Fool's, St. Patrick's, Labor Day, etc. I'd love to have some kind of Veteran's or Memorial Day, but we don't have any kind of military in the game right now. Maybe in the future, hopefully! :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Definitely
    New Years
    Love Day
    Luck Day
    Mardi Gras (Willow Creek Exclusive)
    Easter
    Spring Break

summer break
    Coachella (Oasis Springs Exclusive)
    Oktoberfest (Windenburg Exclusive)
    All Hallows Eve
    All Souls Day
    Harvest Month bake offs, pie eating contests, from halloween to Thanksgiving it's a month of food preparations for winter.
    Thanksgiving
    25 Days of Christmas/winter break (Month off from work & school)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    i have a few holiday ideas i came up with that are meta-ish

Spring- Founders day (to Reflect February 4 when the sims 1 came out)
    Fall- Players day (to reflect September 2 the sims 4 launch)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh I certainly did miss Oktoberfest. That's a must. Maybe Meatoberfest for the Guild Wars crowd as well. As, as per tradition the latter should not happen in October.

EDIT: I've also considered 'Summer's End', scheduled for the last Monday in the summer season. It would emulate the American practice of Labor Day -- a celebration of grilling, games, fireworks, swimming, etc in acknowledgement of the end of the summer season.
    Post edited by OEII1001 on
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Vampire + Alien inclusion day
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I want to try to create Ramadan and Eid for my Muslim families

I wonder if fasting'll be a tradition you can add to a holiday
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I know I will be having the usual holidays but I also want a Good Samaritan Day ( maybe once per season) where sims go and hep their neighbors, take food to the poor and help clean up the towns.
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Mother's day father's day grandparent's day and girl's slumber party day
    Corgis4life