Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official- No hail this time

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I never expected hail either. If we got it I'd want it for a devious effect but in my "nicer" games I wouldn't want it all all... Would have been nice though to be able to use it in the weather machine feature.. but definitely not something that matters to me. I really don't want anything that forces my sims indoors or that they can't prepare for and actually kind of worried about lightening storms in that respect. I want some measure of control in my games not chaos.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can deal with light snow as I get that the lack of terrain makes it hard and there will be blizzards to sort of make it up with game play. I can even get no tans or sunburns as you can always include them with a beach world/town that also have swimming in the ocean as they said that swimming in ocean would be set in a specific town. But no hail? Well at least hope that the weather actually does something to affect sims as isn't that the point of seasons. I also don't see why we don't have lounge chairs if there will be pool parties. I mean I hope there will at least be some other things though.

Well I guess we will see more once the game is live streamed, etc....and there are still way more pros then cons; but that is slightly disappointing.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Well like I said for no snow depth - "that's disappointing". I mean idk at this point I can't even create a reaction past that.

I see several saying they're glad their Sims don't have to deal with it but iirc in Sims 3 you could turn off certain weather (snow, rain, hail, etc). As long as they included options like that I don't see the problem. But at this point I'm wondering if we'll even have weather options like that?
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

Hail didn’t do anything in previous games except add a new death type and had sims react to the hail by being pelted by it. Hail didn’t really do anything in previous games so they probably left it out this time because they probably didn’t think it was necessary. They saved that little extra time and resources they would’ve spent on hail and adding proper reactions to hail to make other parts of the pack more detailed.

Which parts of the pack is more detailed. I mean there is less and less by the day they spend all this time on.

Trees blowing in the wind, sims animations reflecting the current climate (hot sims walk in a slouchy kind of way, wind blowing against the sim the sim is blocking the wind), lightning strikes actually emitting real light causing a brighter environment and more intense shadows, heat waves during hot weather, etc. all of these can be seen in the trailer.
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

Hail didn’t do anything in previous games except add a new death type and had sims react to the hail by being pelted by it. Hail didn’t really do anything in previous games so they probably left it out this time because they probably didn’t think it was necessary. They saved that little extra time and resources they would’ve spent on hail and adding proper reactions to hail to make other parts of the pack more detailed.

Hail wasn’t that big of a deal. Snow depth wasn’t that big of a deal. Yet, all of these “no big deal” omissions are starting to add up.

My question remains, and I mean this in the most non-toxic/bashing way, what are they spending their resources on over these basic weather effects? I really hope we find the answer soon.

Take a simple look at the trailer and you'll see all the great extra features and details they added, I already mentioned a few, all those details have never been in the previous games might I add.

they are omitting weather conditions here. That's really questionable for a pack surrounding around weather itself.

That's exactly what I was thinking. For a pack that's called seasons they sure are cutting out a lot of seasonal weather. You'd think that's would be the initial focus.

Well again I'm not surprised... I'm ready to just see then livestream let's see what this all looks like in action.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member

Which parts of the pack is more detailed. I mean there is less and less by the day they spend all this time on.

Trees blowing in the wind, sims animations reflecting the current climate (hot sims walk in a slouchy kind of way, wind blowing against the sim the sim is blocking the wind), lightning strikes actually emitting real light causing a brighter environment and more intense shadows, heat waves during hot weather, etc. all of these can be seen in the trailer.

Hail wasn’t that big of a deal. Snow depth wasn’t that big of a deal. Yet, all of these “no big deal” omissions are starting to add up.

My question remains, and I mean this in the most non-toxic/bashing way, what are they spending their resources on over these basic weather effects? I really hope we find the answer soon.

Take a simple look at the trailer and you'll see all the great extra features and details they added, I already mentioned a few, all those details have never been in the previous games might I add.

All of the "features" you listed are better weather effects. I would expect better weather effects in a pack they are re-releasing, not once, but twice; 11 years after the original version. It seems very strange to me we would defend these omissions for things that should be improved off the bat with no question..

And mind you, they are omitting weather conditions here. That's really questionable for a pack surrounding around weather itself.

Exactly, for with each release I would expect something better but while the effects may be better in this version, the other areas lack and been gimped and not evolved just did a time warp back to the past.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

This. Some people are even saying they don’t have it where they live, honestly that’s not a valid argument. People keep saying to spend their resources else where, but at this point what are they? At some point, “spending resources elsewhere” just isn’t good enough.

I don't understand "I don't have hail where I live so it doesn't matter" this is the most ridiculous and funniest argument I've ever heard, I don't understand why people think weather EP for Sims that ships worldwide should revolve around local weather where they live!

I had to scratch my head on that one. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow this is just getting worse where is the Seasonal effects in this Seasons Pack. This "focus on other things" is getting more and more ridiculous. No gradual snow buildup, no sunburn, no hail what other surprises are we to expect from the release...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Sigh. So... no hail, no snow depth, no sunburn or tanning, no allergies. Remind me again, what are they including? :p
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sigh. So... no hail, no snow depth, no sunburn or tanning, no allergies. Remind me again, what are they including? :p

Not igloos, that's for sure.

But we are getting more kinds of Snowmen!

I have one word for this situation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Oh, also snowball fights.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

A calender and thermostat.
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2018

That does seem to be all we're getting that's actually new (that said wasn't the calendar in the Sims 3?). I've looked at the lists of "new features" and nearly every single one has been done before. The only genuinely new features I can think of are the thermostat, the sim lightening powers and the kiddie pool. Whatever happened to improving and expanding on previous EPs?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    RnM92 wrote: »

That does seem to be all we're getting that's actually new (that said wasn't the calendar in the Sims 3?). I've looked at the lists of "new features" and nearly every single one has been done before. The only genuinely new features I can think of are the thermostat, the sim lightening powers and the kiddie pool. Whatever happened to improving and expanding on previous EPs??

I feel sims 2 took a lot of what sims 1 had improved not and added new stuff. Sims 3 did the same, we got the old and then soccer and plenty of other fun new stuff. The spaceship alone is fun.

Now we are expected to be grateful for less objects and on top of that sprinklers and swings?

They said they really focused on summer and this far it only has sprinklers and a kiddie pool. What do the season have that they didn't focus on?

Okay, it has water balloon fights too if we have to count that. Pool parties? I don't see the best season's ever features.

I don't see where they spend all the the time of the features they left out. I hope they didn't exclude everything to work on calendars because I can imagine that being as exciting as real calendars.
  • Options

This. Some people are even saying they don’t have it where they live, honestly that’s not a valid argument. People keep saying to spend their resources else where, but at this point what are they? At some point, “spending resources elsewhere” just isn’t good enough.

I want to know where the resources went.

Also I rarely get hail and never snow here and I want those in sims because sims is a game. If I only did real stuff on my game I guess I'd have to get rid of a lot including vampires.

And what's the problem with options? Options mean people that don't want it don't get it while the rest can enjoy it without having to spend $20 on a vacation pack then $20 for hail and let's not forget a part of fall is in another pack for $10
  • Options

All of the "features" you listed are better weather effects. I would expect better weather effects in a pack they are re-releasing, not once, but twice; 11 years after the original version. It seems very strange to me we would defend these omissions for things that should be improved off the bat with no question..

And mind you, they are omitting weather conditions here. That's really questionable for a pack surrounding around weather itself.

And all the effects were already in sims 3. I don't know of care if the lightning lights up the world in sims 3 because that game is almost 10 years old, it is just expected that it'll have better lighting by now. Not a feature but actually natural progression

Sims in 3 also reacted to weather. Without doing ridiculous walk styles that'll get annoying in no time. Imagine the whole town walking against the wind. It'll stop being fun just like the weird walkstyles.
  • Options
    Hail is just a visual effect like snow flakes and rain, so it shouldn't be complicated to make!! WHY!? Give us an explication. But I know the answer ''we wanted to make the best Seasons ever so it's the reason why we didn't implant hail, we wanted to focus on x and y''. Tss! :rage::unamused:

Because hail bounces on the ground as was too hard too make.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Waow.
    I'm starting to get really disappointed with this pack.
    I live in France and hail is extremely frequent here, especially during winter. It hails way more often than it rains.
    But oh well.
    It's not like I am super surprised or anything.
    Clearly the focus of this pack wasn't on weather.
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »
    Waow.
    I live in France and hail is extremely frequent here, especially during winter. It hails way more often than it rains.
    But oh well.

Which is strange for a pack named seasons. Seasons are usually easily differentiated by the weather.

That's cool, I didn't know some places there is more hail than rain.
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2018
    Waow.
    But oh well.

Apparently they focused the most on Summer, yet so far Summer sounds incredibly bare bones. That makes me worried about what the rest of the seasons are going to be like. When they say they really focused on x, that usually means that nearly everything else in the pack is lacking.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Waow.
    But oh well.

Which is strange for a pack named seasons. Seasons are usually easily differentiated by the weather.

That's cool, I didn't know some places there is more hail than rain.

I know right? my last sentence was half ironic tbh.
    Well I've grown up in the South of France and now I've been living in Paris for a long time and I can testify hail is just as frequent in both places :s
  • Options
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Waow.
    But oh well.

Apparently they focused the most on Summer, yet so far Summer sounds incredibly bare bones. That makes me worried about what the rest of the seasons are going to be like. When they say they really focused on x, that usually means that nearly everything else in the pack is lacking.

But the x is usually a less impressive feature that doesn't change gameplay in any meaningful way.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    Why am I not surprised? It seems the closer we get to launch the more setbacks we encounter, I could excuse the snow depth but this is just lazy it's like they got to winter and just couldn't be bothered anymore so they'll just pour a bucket of white paint on the ground and hope and pray it appeases the fans. If they can't be bothered to give us basic features of winter is this pack really worth the money? when I can download a free mod that looks nearly identical to the weather we have here. Winter is my favourite season I never really cared for the others when I played the Sims 2 and 3 so I'll pass on this pack.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Zagadoo Sims team...