Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care that tanning and sunburn will not be in seasons?

Comments

• Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Ehh.. kind of, but it's not that big of a deal.
    I'm a little bummed, but it's not a deal breaker. But I do hope that if they add a summer vacation/beach vacation type of pack down the line that they add it in. It'd be up there with my features I'd like to see.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yes! I want my sins to fry in the sun!
    Yes. I didn't care too much about the lack of snow depth but I was really hoping there would be tanning and sunburns in this EP. If it's not coming with this EP, hopefully it is added in a beach GP then.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes because I like realism, not to mention it's such a basic feature AGAIN left out. But hey, most intricate seasons ever.

Apparently.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    It's 50/50 cause it was funny at their reactions when they got sunburned or tanned. But it's not a big deal for me really
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2018
    I mean, I'm still going to buy the game but it is a little disheartening to see some of the features I loved in ts3 not make it to 4. I mean how can you not having sunburn? That's like so common in real-life (especially in places like FL) I don't understand why it didn't make it to the game...
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Though I would like my sims with the "Love Outdoors" trait or one of the "Nature Aspirations" to feel the burn after staying outside longer than recommended, I would quickly get annoyed with whatever emotional response would happen because there are some time when I purposefully let my sims stay out as long as possible fishing or gathering.

So not a big deal for me.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Include sunburns please! They are a significant aspect of the day for many!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    No! Who cares?
    Cupid wrote: »
    I know it's just a game, but the concept of tanning (on purpose) has always seemed silly to me and it's never been a relevant part of my life, so I don't really care.

With sunburn, I imagine having to make all my sims put on sunscreen before leaving the house all the time and I feel like that's just something that would be "cool and realistic" at first but get very annoying very quickly.

This exactly.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I wouldn't mind it but as with the other concessions made this did not make the list.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Would have liked it (tans), but if it came in a Tropical Vacation pack, that would be great too...

*secretly wonders if I hinted for Tropical <3 Vacation pk enough times in the past few years...* o:)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    No! Who cares?
    To be fair I'm somewhere between "No! Who cares?" and "Eh, kind of..."

But since I don't sunburn, and I hardly ever played with sims that sunburned, it's not a big deal to me. I figure it will come with a resort/beach expansion pack. It doesn't make as much sense to have sunburn without a lounge chair, and sims lying on towels on sandy beaches.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Eh, kind of but it isn't a deal breaker as it could always be added for a more tropical/beach world later, similar to that of sims 3. It would be nice if we could get burned or tan without a mod though.

It would make more sense to wait for a tanning in a beach world where they can relax, swim in the ocean, etc...I am hoping that is what the next vacation world would be like or have an actual beach town you can live in.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It would be nice to have it included, but it's not a deal breaker for sure.
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I really don't care cause we're getting tons of beautiful house decorations
    That's what I needed in my game
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No! Who cares?
    I'd rather it not be there.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Eeh! I think I'll be able to survive without my sims becoming extra crispy on hot days. Would be nice to have, but I can deal without.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    It's no dealbreaker, but it's a nice little detail..
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I was bummed at first, especially because we saw the lady chillin in the kiddie pool and it looked like she was tanning.
    However, it seems like tanning/sunburns would most likely come in a tropical beach pack, where it would make a bit more sense. I think it was the same way in Sims 2, where the option for tanning came with the Bon Voyage pack and not Seasons. Maybe lounge chairs will make its way into that pack as well :p Either way, I'm really excited and content with everything I've seen so far from Sims 4 Seasons.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I've heard of "burn my dread" but never "fry my sins" :P

But yeah, i do want it. Although I can wait until IP pack of some kind.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It has never been a big thing for me, but I do find it strange that it's missing. A pack that brings weather and seasons would have been the perfect opportunity to implement a feature like that, and I can't believe it would have been too difficult since even a fan was able to create a working mod for it as far as I know. So yeah, I'm not really sad about it, just surprised, because tans and sunburns are among the first things that come to my mind when I think of summer, and summer is a season, too.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No! Who cares?
    tanning, burns normally came in a holiday pack anyway so no ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    AshleyAOAshleyAO Posts: 62 Member
    It would've been an interesting feature, but I'm still excited regardless.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No! Who cares?
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    This looks like a tan

LrtgpTv.png

I think that's just her skin color.
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    As awesome as it would be to fry my sims...Seasons has so much awesome stuff that it really doesn't matter that much.
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    No! Who cares?
    i think it's a good decision. without skin color spectrums, it wouldn't really work with cc skins. unless it was just a skin detail thing, but even that could override cc.
    giphy.gif