Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a world still a real possibility + Features wish list & Concept walkthrough

Comments

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    Also, I don't know if it would be possible but I'd like to add a cultural aspect to the worlds. For example, in Windenburg, people kiss each other's cheeks to greet them. I'd like if we could choose the type of greeting (kiss, wave or shake hands for example) among other things. Well, I know it won't happen but it would be nice though...

That is such a cute idea!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I would love a CAW, but I am not going to get my hopes up. I don’t see anything like that coming to this game. It’s been 4 years and we have consistently been told there are no plans for one.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What about biomes? I mean it’s such as suburban, desert, beach, jungle/forest, and urban.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about biomes? I mean it’s such as suburban, desert, beach, jungle/forest, and urban.

Added to the list! Even though there’s no swimable oceans yet, I would love to create a beach world with modern apartment homes!
  • Options
    Also we need residential and destination/vacation world types too!
  • Options
    Also we need residential and destination/vacation world types too!

Already got that on the list!
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    So today is Tuesday, maybe we will get some news of sorts..
    Also my wish list is in my first post. :)
  • Options
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    So today is Tuesday, maybe we will get some news of sorts..
    Also my wish list is in my first post. :)

Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Umm...... How about Sims toggle spawning on/off? Whether if it's a custom lonely world
  • Options
    Umm...... How about Sims toggle spawning on/off? Whether if it's a custom lonely world

Already got that too!
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I would love there to be an advanced mode and a non advanced mode. I’m the type of person who would love to add different worlds to my game but tend to get overwhelmed with this sort of thing. Some premade worlds would be nice.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I don't use CAW tool in S3, I mean I can create a house or two in game but not that creative to build a world but seeing so many people want this so yes I hope they approve this :) as I can foresee some people could make use of this tool to create beautiful town/world that could benefit the community.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    I think a CAW-tool in the Sims 4 must be completely different from the Sims 3 version.

There probably would be around 20 premade neighborhoods (a few lots, connected with a road) and then the player can choose 3 or 4 for his/her world.

Then one would be able to change the trees/flowers, the appearance of the playgrounds/public bathrooms, the color of the water/streets/grass and maybe also choose between a few premade backgrounds (like: only trees, buildings, the sea and other things in the back). And then one must be able to add some effects. Like for example either a sea monster/waves/a wale/ a boat or the appereance of pigeons/bats/parrots in the park.

I don´t know much about game-making but I think something like that would be doable

And - for me - that would be enough. It would solve a lot of problems I have with Sims 4. I always play on a farm, usually in a rural area. Newcrest and Willow Creek are nice, but I don´t like the background. There are always (American styled) buildings in the back that destroy the illusion of a remote house. I absolutely love the island on Barnacle Bay but there is a bathroom right next to the only lot... Magnolia Promenade is nice too, but I don´t like palm trees that much.

That's why I mostly play in the vampire town (sorry I forgot the name) but there the days are so short...

Being able to change or create new worlds would mean a lot of more fun to me. Usually I stop playing Sims 4 after a while because I never find a place that really suits my needs.
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I don't use CAW tool in S3, I mean I can create a house or two in game but not that creative to build a world but seeing so many people want this so yes I hope they approve this :) as I can foresee some people could make use of this tool to create beautiful town/world that could benefit the community.

I liked the tool but I never used it for I was DLing other peoples works and they were beautiful.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »

I liked the tool but I never used it for I was DLing other peoples works and they were beautiful.

I don't have that kind of patience with CAW, I rather have someone do it for me ;)

The Sims Game
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Well, if Create a World ever becomes a real thing for The Sims 4, it would be nice to have the ability to create custom backdrops.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Until they manage to bring back Cars, I don't see CAW as happening.
  • Options
    I hope it's gonna happen next month.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't see them bringing back CAW if they can't even create snow depth or alter their maps to change for each season. I doubt that EA will ever give them enough money and resources to make CAW. Don't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Has anyone asked about how the meeting went yet? I'm not on twitter and I'm dieing for some news on this.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    This is SimGuruGrant response after someone twitted him a fan made concept for CAW in Sims 4. :) Still sounds like a possibility!

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »
    This is SimGuruGrant response after someone twitted him a fan made concept for CAW in Sims 4. :) Still sounds like a possibility!

Certainly looks promising! I hope they don’t just create a dumbed down version of CAW, I want depth and detail.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    loutredor wrote: »

Wow that is very creative, and a great concept. Fundamentally the concept design relies on worlds being created like CAW, which is not currently how it is done. I don’t know if they could realistically change the format at this point to accommodate what is in the concept. Time will tell
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018

This would be AWESOME. I'm so glad they're discussing it! :D