Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OUTDATED] What is your favorite expansion pack in The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together, for its unique, large world, and attentiveness towards sandbox/player-choice elements.

Just my two cents, I'd definitely vote Get to Work for the worst pack as it is a complete 180 from that. Buggy, restrictive careers which when they actually do work properly, are not fun at all because they confine you to the same exact specific things that the game calls for all of the time. Still waiting on an overhaul for those careers, and the many bug fixes it should have by now.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    City Living
    Honestly at this point city living and Get together are a tie for me. But City living edges ahead because I like how they reused CL content in other packs. The worlds seem bigger, Food stalls, and the vendor table.

From City Living: I love the world and living in apartments. Karaoke bars is probably my most used venue. I loved the BB. I originally didn't use CAS but now I often use it to create unique sims. Work from Home Careers, which I really hope they do more of. The Festivals, I know they can get repetitive sometimes but I like them to socialize.

From Get Together: Windenburg is beautiful, I really should have my sims live there more. Clubs are very useful. I don't actually like being in except when my teen sims. But I like to have clubs for specific venues, so that when I go places it has the people and feel I want. Like Club Calico is a country club for my snob sims. I love dancing and going to nightclubs. Honestly The only things I don't like or use in GT is the DJ skill and Cafes because they don't function well. I really wish Cafes worked better in the game.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2018
    Cats & Dogs
    C&D, but will soon be replaced with Seasons. The others were... how can I put it nicely? They had a few good parts but they were mainly very messy and had more limitations than features.

Most people are picking GT and that is my worst. :o
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Currently Cats & Dogs, but I'm almost sure that Seasons will become my favorite when it releases. I also really like City Living, but I was very disappointed that we can't build our own apartments and also the fake elevators. Actually my preference order is the same as the release order, from most recent to oldest:
    1. Cats & Dogs
    2. City Living
    3. Get Together
    4. Get to Work
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    City Living
    I just like the buildings and the build items. All bright and colourful...just amazing.
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    City Living
    I love the bright and vibrant feel of city living the most.
  • Options
    PinkabluPinkablu Posts: 18 Member
    City Living
    This was harder to answer than I thought. I haven't actually played Dogs/Cats a lot yet (took a break around the time it was released) so that wasn't really an option for me lol. I had to go with City Living because apartments can be a lot of fun, I like the festivals (though they always feel like they come and go too fast...) and lot traits are a favorite feature of mine, especially since you can change them whenever you want (looking at you, gremlins).

Get together is second because it's so useful for large families. I make a club just for the family and start gatherings while everyone goes about their day. The club approves of things like cleaning, repairing and gardening, so they'll actually focus on those things even when I'm not controlling them and man is that helpful.
  • Options
    Intimid8orIntimid8or Posts: 24 Member
    I do love Get to work. It is nice to have work not just be a rabbit hole. But you also have the regular option of sending them alone and telling them to work hard (or the other regular options).
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I love 'em all, but Cats & Dogs edges out Get Together (by a whisker) because, well, there are cats and dogs everywhere. I work in a big box store that encourages people to bring their dogs in, and dogs just bring happiness with them.
    But Seasons-especially with the pet interactions-will probably bury the other packs like a bone in the back yard.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    City Living
    City living, then pets. Seasons will most likely shoot to the top of my list.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Get To Work
    What's so great about Get Together? Whoopee doo I can now do the same BASE GAME interactions as a group and earn points to unlock a hat. Yay! lol
    At least Get To Work added NEW things, and gave us what Sims 4 should have had day 1 ACTIVE careers.
    City Living is the worst one of them all, just a generic city with vast limitations to 'apartments' that are just Sims 3 penthouses all over again. Lame.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,964 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    aws200 wrote: »
    What's so great about Get Together? Whoopee doo I can now do the same BASE GAME interactions as a group and earn points to unlock a hat. Yay! lol
    At least Get To Work added NEW things, and gave us what Sims 4 should have had day 1 ACTIVE careers.
    City Living is the worst one of them all, just a generic city with vast limitations to 'apartments' that are just Sims 3 penthouses all over again. Lame.

Well according to the poll it's the most favorite so quite a few disagree with you. I admit it was my least favorite but can understand why it would appeal to many.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    City Living
    I was so disappointed in "Cats & Dogs". :/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together's Club system is ESSENTIAL to me. Can't play without it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    City Living
    City Living. Apartments, food stands, festivals, the cosmopolitan vibe; I just love everything about this pack.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    City Living
    This was really hard. I love my Aliens. I love my pet raccoons. I can't imagine not having the Club system. But in the end, City Living wins because I so much enjoy going into the San Myshuno world every single time. It feels like home. :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    City Living
    I picked City Living. I enjoy urban worlds, they feel more lively. It would be nice if there were more than just the one, with room enough for all of the things that one would find in the city: entertainment (movies/shows/concerts), services (restaurants/bars/hair and nail salons/tattoo parlors), and shopping of all kinds, including grocery stores, home improvement stores (it would be cool to buy upgrade parts in a store), corner bodegas, and street peddlers.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Get Together
    I use odds and ends from GT in almost every build. The bushes from it are very handy to have, especially for smaller homes or for community lots where bathrooms feel out of place. The glass dance floors where and will continue to be great roofing solutions for certain builds too. And of course, there's also the usefulness of clubs in virtually every aspect of the game, from homes, to friends, to just making various lots more unique than they normally are. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Cats and dogs. Sims was never quite right without them. I'm glad they are back.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Ugh i feel like ep are all great addition to the gameplay :D I picked up cats and dogs, probably bc its newest :3
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Currently, it's Cats and Dogs and I'm not sure if this is going to change when Seasons arrive, but it may do (as the Seasons EP holds a special place in my heart in all The Sims generations). I really love City Living too, though.
  • Options
    Amber0922Amber0922 Posts: 73 Member
    City Living
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Get Together, for its unique, large world, and attentiveness towards sandbox/player-choice elements.

Just my two cents, I'd definitely vote Get to Work for the worst pack as it is a complete 180 from that. Buggy, restrictive careers which when they actually do work properly, are not fun at all because they confine you to the same exact specific things that the game calls for all of the time. Still waiting on an overhaul for those careers, and the many bug fixes it should have by now.

This! Get to Work has added nothing to my gameplay. I've yet to finish a single career because of the glitches
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2018
    City Living
    Real tough, as I like bits of all of them (except C&D, which I don’t have yet). Even the dreaded Get to Work is one of my faves because I loved having a Doctor career. :smile:

I would say City Living I love the city and festival stuff, but I also like Get Together because of the Clubs and the lovely setting (though my kid sims got glitched up and took forever to go to school there, lol). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    perabearperabear Posts: 20 Member
    City Living
    City Living. A change of pace from simburbia.