Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Seasons Blog May 29 2018 Seasons Spring And Summer

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    No sun-burns? Seriously? Is it me or is 'Summer' the least focused on? No pool items, sun-burns, or basically anything exciting. Overheating? Who cares about a negative moodlet? :|

I assume overheating will lead to death.

I doubt, or at least if there are consequences, it would take forever to actually occur.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So cool! I'm guessing the fireplace has a warming effect as well? :smile:

And what was that chatter about pollen allergies? Just a witty intro, or a feature of the expansion?

The breeze is blowing. Pollen count is high. Sneezing is in full effect.

I don't know why they included this. I thought they said no allergies for this expansion?

Maxis embellishes their announcements/patch notes so much, I take everything with a grain of salt...
    No sun-burns? Seriously? Is it me or is 'Summer' the least focused on? No pool items, sun-burns, or basically anything exciting. Overheating? Who cares about a negative moodlet? :|

Everything in the game just give moodlets, did you expect anything different? But there's really not enough information out yet, I reserve my judgment until we hear more.

Sun-burns aren't just moodlets. What are you on about?

I sure do expect sunburn to be part of seasons. A modder already did it :/ I only removed the mod since endless summer meant more cyan he's to get sunburn.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Ok I asked Daniel on Twitter about the rain, and when going by what he says there WILL be different intensities of rain.

That's good to hear at least. Wish other guru's also talked more and responded to questions more.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @luthienrising @bixters @Francl27 They probably should not have put that in as it is a confusing element, but oh well. Lots of exciting features were just confirmed, and I'm thrilled!

Death by heat/cold via. termostat :naughty: You can do lots of fun things with that I imagine.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Thermostat sounds pretty cool :) I also wonder now if they will add the seasons filters for existing clothes, so Sims 'know' what is consider light and won't make them overheat.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I really love the sound of the thermostat. I wonder if a sim doesn't have one in their house, will they just feel the affects of the outdoor weather all the time. For instance, if it's cold out and you don't have the thermostat in your house, will sims then be freezing all the time unless they have something like a fireplace to keep them warm? Questions, questions...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    edited May 2018

And what was that chatter about pollen allergies? Just a witty intro, or a feature of the expansion?

I don't know why they included this. I thought they said no allergies for this expansion?

Maxis embellishes their announcements/patch notes so much, I take everything with a grain of salt...

Everything in the game just give moodlets, did you expect anything different? But there's really not enough information out yet, I reserve my judgment until we hear more.

Exactly. Maybe there'll be a new potion to apply or those with Outdoor Retreat or Jungle Adventure may be able to use the skin relieving creams or sprays.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    @luthienrising @bixters @Francl27 They probably should not have put that in as it is a confusing element, but oh well. Lots of exciting features were just confirmed, and I'm thrilled!

Death by heat/cold via. termostat :naughty: You can do lots of fun things with that I imagine.

I agree, it is confusing, why not just say something like "flowers are blooming," or "birds are singing" for spring?
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

Exactly. Maybe there'll be a new potion to apply or those with Outdoor Retreat or Jungle Adventure may be able to use the skin relieving creams or sprays.

Still only gives moodlets. At least my Sims only get moodlets when they have itchy skin etc...

Ok, just confused about what Wulfsimmer meant by 'sunburns aren't just moodlets'.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Still no word on any new pool items. That concerns me.

I bet we'll get a Pool Stuff Pack soon.

I'm assuming we'll get a tropical vacation type Game Pack at some point which will possibly include things like swimming in oceans, sunburns, sun bathing, some of these other "beach" like activities that Seasons doesn't appear to have.

Just my guess. :smile:
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh! I wonder if the thermostat makes it possible that if your power is cut in winter that there will be a real consequence, brrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    The thermostat certainly adds new challenges to a rags to riches type game play :smiley:
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Ok I asked Daniel on Twitter about the rain, and when going by what he says there WILL be different intensities of rain.

That's good to hear at least. Wish other guru's also talked more and responded to questions more.

So if they confirmed this and not the snow depth. It's because there's no snow depth...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

Which is concerning considering that Grant has said that how loves how much they focused on Summer in this iteration of Seasons.

So far as the blog goes, they listed two new items and two features, all but one of which we were aware of from the trailer. So much for showcasing what we can do in Spring and Summer (and that's supposed to be half of the pack).

I am concerned. This pack feels as bare bones as they come and real snow didn't even make the cut. :/
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Super excited for the thermostat <3 Temperature is one feature that I wanted them to do really well in this version (along with outfits that suit them). Now I'm just dying to find out how the CAS is handling outfit categories.
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I don't think they added any. But the thermostat sounds fun.

Yes! I'm so excited for the added realism!!! I'm wondering if now that seasons is coming they'll do a pool stuff pack!? That would be fun. We are in desperate need of some pool floaties and games!
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member

I bet we'll get a Pool Stuff Pack soon.

Lol I just said that on a previous comment. That would be so nice because we need some pool floaties and games!
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member

So if they confirmed this and not the snow depth. It's because there's no snow depth...

Daniel no longer works there, he made the comment after a blog came out about the relevant season and his response was just "I wouldn't make that assumption". Not saying there is snow depth, just that his response doesn't really mean that.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    Super excited for the thermostat <3 Temperature is one feature that I wanted them to do really well in this version (along with outfits that suit them). Now I'm just dying to find out how the CAS is handling outfit categories.

I just know alot of CC is about to break when this gets released.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

Daniel no longer works there, he made the comment after a blog came out about the relevant season and his response was just "I wouldn't make that assumption". Not saying there is snow depth, just that his response doesn't really mean that.

He also said he was the one responsible for thermostats.
  • Options
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

Which is concerning considering that Grant has said that how loves how much they focused on Summer in this iteration of Seasons.

So far as the blog goes, they listed two new items and two features, all but one of which we were aware of from the trailer. So much for showcasing what we can do in Spring and Summer (and that's supposed to be half of the pack).

I am concerned. This pack feels as bare bones as they come and real snow didn't even make the cut. :/

That's what I was concerned about from the start. Second watch of the trailer I realized there wasn't much. If this is really those two season' showcase and that's what we got? Disappointing.
  • Options

I don't think they added any. But the thermostat sounds fun.

Yes! I'm so excited for the added realism!!! I'm wondering if now that seasons is coming they'll do a pool stuff pack!? That would be fun. We are in desperate need of some pool floaties and games!

If they release a pool back I'd expect more than pool floats. Maybe the pool bar from IP and some of those activities might make it worth it.
  • Options
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

That's what I was concerned about from the start. Second watch of the trailer I realized there wasn't much. If this is really those two season' showcase and that's what we got? Disappointing.

I'm just worried it's not really going to add much gameplay. There just seems to be a pretty limited amount of season-specific activities so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    I'd honestly love a pool stuff pack but more than that I'd like them to make a beach vacatiom game pack, which would also include more pool items.

That would be nice. But again... something that should have been included in seasons (at least the pool stuff!!!).