Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you doing to prepare your game for Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm still unsure if I am paying full price for the pack or not (I am a large fan of paying full price for a pack that entirely deserves it!)

I decided I would start fresh with a new save, and replay a legacy I've been on since around launch. The Sims' appearances are my favorite part of The Sims 4, and having played the same Sim family for years, I'm excited to return to Sims I've let pass on as early as years ago. Really hope this pack will be a home run for the game. I'd love to be able to progress with them without getting bored.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I will be making a new save, which I have been wanting to do for a few months now. My festivals are still broken after the update that was supposed to fix them and it really bothers me. I also wouldn't mind seeing some fresh new faces around town an an expansion pack is the perfect thing to get me motivated to finally get this new save going!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Check my computer to be sure I can handle seasons. I've been saving for a new computer but I haven't gotten all the money as yet. Then I'll make one family to try everything out with and play them for a while. Yaaaay Seasons!!!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Turns out, prior to release I have less to do than I thought, as some of the houses I'm saving 'til seasons I did already decorate; only two to do, both of which I made a start on decorating, though I'll need to update all 5 I plan on playing with seasons build/buy stuff.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BlackStarSagaBlackStarSaga Posts: 27 Member
    I'm not going to prepare anything because seasons is so great that doing daily things in the sims will be new and fun! I can't wait c:
    tenor.gif?itemid=4762014
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Been playing a lot getting a Stardew Valley character save up and running... it's funny sometimes waiting on a pack stalls my play because I don't know if the particular game play coming will fit into how I'm playing at that time, or I don't want to switch gears. This is totally different though. I'm ready to just fold it into any story I can think of cause... weather. Ahhhh ... excited just thinking about it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I'm going to enjoy the last days of using my mods before this expansion comes out. The next thing gonna happen is mod cleaning once the pre-ep patch comes out. That will be the longest day in my life lol.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Trying to get back into it. I've been on a hiatus for the past couple of weeks, and have recently started over, but with the same families, and am still only playing about half the time I usually play. I have a single mom with 5 kids crammed into an apartment, I'd like to get them to the big island lot in Windenburg before the pack comes out, but she still only has about 10% of the funds she needs, am I'm still only halfheartedly into it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    Making a new household I just can’t wait :smiley:
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2018
    Seeing that this is coming out has renewed my interest in playing. I have lilsimsie's save file-I love the updates she put in the neighborhoods and I have moved my favorite sims there. I am working on careers and getting them ready to have families. I kinda wish we had some careers that were less glamorous with less room to grow though, like convenience store clerk or grocery store clerk, I don't need all my sims to be super successful in their careers.
  • Options
    VenusianVenusian Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm deleting a lot of families I don't play, moving around ones I do want to keep and making some new ones. I'm also deleting a lot of my lots and remaking new ones and making new parks. Each world is going to look cohesive. For instance, Oasis Springs will have all Mediterranean/Spanish style housing. Windenburg will have more European/cozy style housing. I'm also in the process of organizing my mods folder so I can find and delete what I don't use. Currently I have mods turned off so things will run faster. But I'm going to try and only keep what I really like. I'm also trying to give everyone some warm weather outfits and cold weather outfits.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Been playing a lot getting a Stardew Valley character save up and running... it's funny sometimes waiting on a pack stalls my play because I don't know if the particular game play coming will fit into how I'm playing at that time, or I don't want to switch gears. This is totally different though. I'm ready to just fold it into any story I can think of cause... weather. Ahhhh ... excited just thinking about it.

@Hermitgirl Seasons will be the perfect pack for your Stardew Valley save!! Which I'm curious, what does that entail? Did you recreate the characters and town? I love that game so I'm intrigued :blush:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I think im gonna start a new save with the exsisting households.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    What I'm doing to prepare my game for Seasons is constantly calling Jasmine (while she's in town. LOL!) to boost my gardening skills. I've maxed out my cooking skills thanks to her, so now it's on to gardening! :wink:

I've built a little garden shop (retail) which would be perfect once Seasons releases so that I could sell some of my arrangements. And on another awesome note, I've created a gardening group and a small garden park where we meet, so not only will I be able to hang out with my group but we could also increase our skills--all work AND play!

I'm just super excited for this expansion pack to release already! :grin:

gardening-career.jpg

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

@Hermitgirl Seasons will be the perfect pack for your Stardew Valley save!! Which I'm curious, what does that entail? Did you recreate the characters and town? I love that game so I'm intrigued :blush:

I remade all the characters.. even the traveling merchant and Sandy has a lot. Worried about Linus though out in the cold - he might have to go to the spa to live in the winter.. or I'll give him a bigger lot and make him a cave. I downloaded most buildings from the gallery but now expanding or changing them some to suit me. They are in Brindleton Bay (Willy and Elliott have lots on the pier) and most of the town is there. Some are on the island in Windenburg and in other areas there. Weather will make it more fun I think. It's silly but I'll enjoy roleplaying them. I'm rotating between that games characters now to give them some skills.. Gus is mixologist/cooking, Clint is a collector ect.. got them going as close as I could you know? Going to match them up romance wise pretty much as the game indicates they would be.. No one is left out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm not playing right now. My current generation has great grandma, grandma, mothers, and child. She's done with her aspirations and has some days left before growing up to teen, and I want to enjoy that with the new EP (plus teens are SO BORING anyway, maybe I will actually enjoy it this time).

Kinda wish great grandma would FINALLY die though.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I've had the lofty goal to rebuild all the lots and fill them up with my Sims as a fresh start for ages but I really wanted to do it with Seasons, to really feel time progress. Now that Seasons is coming, build mode has fully activated and all my time in Live mode is just play testing and wistful dreaming of crunchy leaves, snow men and thunderstorms. Sooooon (tm)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not playing right now. My current generation has great grandma, grandma, mothers, and child. She's done with her aspirations and has some days left before growing up to teen, and I want to enjoy that with the new EP (plus teens are SO BORING anyway, maybe I will actually enjoy it this time).

Oh no! That's too funny. :p
  • Options
    postlamppostlamp Posts: 5 New Member
    Am I the only simmer who creates a new family every time I play? Although, I do have a few families that might be good for seasons, but it feels like the release is too far away! In the mean time, I'm sure that I'll come up with plenty of backstories for my seasons sims.
  • Options
    CloudiiiiCloudiiii Posts: 26 Member
    Amber0922 wrote: »
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I am preparing a new save. Building houses and community lots, creating Sims and their relationships… It takes a lot of time so I'll be busy until the release of the pack!

Same here! I'm planning to set up Brindleton Bay (because it's going to look gorgeous in fall and winter!) I want relatives in multiple households with strong relationships so they can spend holidays together. Probably going to bulldoze the 64×64 lot in case we get a new festival grounds or for an awesome park for ice skating. Can't wait!

Same Here!
    Stay Sparkly!
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    If this seasons turn out to be anything like the one for S2, none of the cc CAS sweaters or jackets/coats will count as weather ready. I wonder if we'll be able to control the seasons - or not have them at all - like in S2? I never played S3 so I don't know how it was handled in that game. As a builder with lots of cc, I'm cringing right now. All those cc flowers, bushes, and trees will NOT handle winter well :s I wouldn't mind a neighborhood that was always one season...each neighborhood being a different season....but not having any control over which season when bothers me if that turns out to be the case. Remember....I'm more builder than player and this is looming on the horizon as a bit of a disaster. However, I'm happy for all of you that like the idea; I'm a bit hesitant about myself who likes to build elaborate gardens/landscaping. Ah, to each his own. ;)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

Thinking of my current ts2 legacy this amuses me my founder just met her granddaughter's daughter and she met her mother's aunt who is a child since the sims there don't age without you. I'm trying to keep all the generations alive until I reach the end.

Anyways back on topic, aside from making some seasons themed puppies and kittens while considering using what we have for seasonal sims nothing. I'm on hiatus until it comes out I just keep thinking of what they are getting so I'll wait to play.

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Absolutely nothing.
    There will be a skating rink built, but it won't be possible until the game comes out, of course
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm playing my Collins save that I haven't played since last year. Tom and Katerina's twin daughters are living in San Myshuno and I made two friends who will eventually marry the girls. Isabella is in a relationship with Alex Williams but her sister, Lily, is yet to meet Marco (Alex's roommate). When both relationships are set up I will move the couples to houses elsewhere because apartments aren't suitable for child rearing. I want their kids to be able to enjoy the seasons and all the activities. I'll age up the twins parents when their own kids are teens.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on